Author Topic: Link between Parkinsons and Alzheimers  (Read 2805 times)

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
Link between Parkinsons and Alzheimers
« on: June 28, 2004 01:05 pm CDT »
One of the recent developments in Parkinson's Disease research being reported on, is that victims of Parkinson's and Alzheimers have a high concentration of aluminum in their bodies. Although the cause is still unknown, the gradual buildup of aluminum is now considered to be one of the major developing factors attributed to Parkinson's, Alzheimers and similar dehabilitating brain diseases among men and women.

What many people (including myself) are seemingly unaware of however, is just how many of the everday products we use incorporate aluminum. For one such example, the PDAA considers the companies Gilette and Secret to be among the major culprits, as their deoderants contain aluminum. Although there is only a small amount of aluminum being introduced into our body at any given time by such products (so little that the FDA doesn't give it so much as a second though), aluminum stays in the body permanantly; so, when we use these products continously (such as in the case of deoderant), we are gradually building up the concentration of aluminum in our bodies.

This may also explain why more men develop Parkinson's and Alzheimers sooner than women on average, because there is a higher concentration of aluminum in men's hygenic products. Likewise, as the numbers of elderly developing these diseases increases exponentially above what is to be normally expected of the growing population, doctors are now starting to look at the possible long-term health risks of storing foods and drinks in aluminum. We could be gradually poisoning ourselves and not be aware.

So, the next time you go to the store to buy shampoo or deoderant, look at the contents label and make sure that what you are buying does not contain Aluminum Chlorohydrate. If you drink a-lot of soda, then try to buy it packaged in plastic liters instead of aluminum cans. Especially if there is a history of Parkinson's disease or Alzheimers in your family, you could be insuring your health in the future.

Scary eh?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

Bad_Bud

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004 02:32 pm CDT »
Gotta love my canned drinks.

....what was this thread about again?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bad_Bud »

Aeolian

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004 03:16 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Bad_Bud"
Gotta love my canned drinks.

....what was this thread about again?

lol..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aeolian »
Like the naked leads the blind.
I know I'm selfish, I'm unkind.
Sucker love I always find,
Someone to bruise and leave behind.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire." �Roland Deschain, of Gilead

If there's a God in this world...it's probably me.

WolfTones

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.imafaggot!.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004 03:46 pm CDT »
Don't encoruage him!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by WolfTones »
Lookieme!  I am a no-talent ass clown!

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004 03:47 pm CDT »
I never would have thought of aluminum as dangerous.  I don't know if I believe aluminum permanently stays within the body...sounds like that 7 year bubble gum myth to me.  If it is true though, we should start filter older people's blood and remove the aluminum.  If the concentration build-up takes that long, it should only have to be done once in a person's lifetime.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004 04:17 pm CDT »
This has actually been known in the scientific community for at least 10 years, as that is when I first heard of the demonstrated debilitating effects of aluminum in the systems of lab animals.  They found that animals who had aluminum in their system (from the anti-perspirant deoderant testing) were unable to learn and unable to recall things they had learned in the past, where control animals with out the "anti-perspirant" did not demonstrate any loss in memory function.  They determined that the dose ratio to the animals tested was much larger in relation to the size of the animal than that of a human animal and that the effects would be negligible, though it was never formally tested on humans at the time.  I think they should re-think this (this article may be evidence of that occuring.)  I do not have links to this information but this is from memory in 1992 and a medical magazine & manuals I read back then.

Also, on a related note I had the following experience:
I have a good friend who's father runns a Dialysis clinic and is a practicing MD at the same time.  I was interested in this aluminum connection so about 3 years a go I asked him while we were driving some place.  Back in the late 80's/early 90's they had been administering a new kind of aluminum medication to the dialysis patients.  They noticed that the ones who were on the new medication were developing memory difficulty and motor skill degredation.  They decided that it was the new medication, as the patients on the old aluminum drug were showing a normal rate of mental debilitation (due to age.)  So they adminsterd an aluminum dissolving drug (this is paraphrased heavily for space) which allowed patients to pee-out the extra aluminum and have it filtered in the dialysis treatment (if I remmeber the latter part right.)  After removing the excess aluminum from the system the patients returned to their old selfes again.

But, it was in 1992 (?) that I first heard of the debilitating effects of aluminum on the body.  At the time I used an aluminum zincromium based sweat-blocking deoderant (aluminum zincromium is the active ingredient which stops your from prespiring by blocking your poors as it is abzorbed in to your arm pits) or "anti-perspirant".  I immediately switched back to the stuff I used before, and though I had an increased ammount of sweat for a few months, my armpits returned to normal (pre-anti-perspirant) and I feela bit better.

Aluminum ingredients are not native to just a few companies products.  Aluminum is the active sweat-blocking agent in all anti-perspirant deoderant products I have read the package to.

Aluminum does not all stay in the system, as some of it is needed to keep you in good health (allegedly) and that is processed with out building up. Unfortunately, aluminum does build up in the brain.  This is one of the reasons for ex-heavy-duty-pot-heads to appear forgetful or perma stoned, though that largely depends on the quality of the drug and paper involved un use.  (this is according to some medical manual I read back in 1991... data may have changed since then about pot and it's alleged aluminum content)

I try to use "natural" deoderants... like Toms of Maine.  It doesn't reak like chemical death, and it is only a masque (so you may have to re-apply it in the afternoon or evening, depending on how much you sweat!)

There is a lot more information about this topic but it is usually very hard to find or is obscured by corporate information (similar to cig's in history.)

Back to work!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

Bad_Bud

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004 01:43 am CDT »
:shock:

WolfTones

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004 09:45 am CDT »
And you talk about spam like it's a bad thing?

Xanth

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004 11:44 am CDT »
Quote from: "WolfTones"
And you talk about spam like it's a bad thing?

We werent talking about spam at all, and up until this point I was not sure i was going to post anything at all.

I am positive that I consume 5x the recommended ammount of aluminum that I should. 18 years ago i consumed, on average, 2-12 cans of beer a day durring the summer.  Now, I am not sure if it was the aluminum or the beer but there is a serious time gap in there somewhere, but... alas I forget.

Now I dont drink beer anymore.  Been bout 7 years now... but I do consume 2-3 canse of soda a day... although I am not sure what kind.  At least, I think I drink soda... .. um.. where was I?  
O ya, It is nice weather we are having isnt it?
Hmmm... Got to go find the bathroom now...
Have a nice... umm..er.. whatever...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xanth »

Currently playing BF2
(Name: Xanth-911 ) BooYa!!

WolfTones

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004 11:48 am CDT »
I don't like the taste of beer from a can anyway, I would rather a bottle, or better yet, draft!

Aeolian

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004 11:51 am CDT »
Quote from: "WolfTones"
I don't like the taste of beer from a can anyway, I would rather a bottle, or better yet, draft!

WolfTones

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004 11:53 am CDT »
Your point? *Drumroll*

Aeolian

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004 11:55 am CDT »
I was agreeing with you. lmao

WolfTones

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2004 11:56 am CDT »
Then say "WORD" :P

Bad_Bud

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2004 05:04 pm CDT »
I looked on my deodorant... it contains aluminum >_<.

Why don't they just let us all use the drug that has us urinate the aluminum out of our systems?

Oh well, I don't use much deodorant anyways... I just smell bad all the time =]