Author Topic: PCRPG 3.36  (Read 29330 times)

Kigen

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: September 8, 2006 05:45 pm CDT »
Right now, I can be most helpful in debugging and crash protection.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kigen »

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2006 02:18 am CDT »
so right now theres only gonna be 4 things added and 3 of them are for admins? i seen like 10 good things that need to be done other than that
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2006 12:06 pm CDT »
A nice addition would be a deeper explanation of the house system for the Guildmaster. Many noobs are tricked by higher levels into joining a house because they do not understand what a house is. Many other noobs join just because he's there. At least some join because they think of Harry Potter and want to join House Gryffindor.

Even just a warning would help.

GuildMaster tells you, "By joining a house you may be freely attacked by players from opposing houses, at any level, in any non-Town zone."

This addition would probably bring about a reduction of low rl players joining houses. This would essentially eliminate any source of Rank Points for players in houses because the only players who join houses are the players who don't fear being killed for their rank points. Since there are no additional rank points being earned, the system should be modified or removed.

The only players who can gain rankpoints are gods, who can't gain them from other gods, and are forced to prey upon low RLs who join the system unknowingly. I also preyed upon the weak, over 180 noobs fell victim to my powerful sword. I did not enjoy killing them, but the bonus from Rank Points was too nice to pass up.

I wouldn't like to see the rank point system removed, it is quite useful, but modified to be more practical. Perhaps give a rank point bonus to players in houses when they remort.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2006 02:42 pm CDT »
maybe a ladder system for the members of houses would help

For example, reduce the effectiveness of each RP point first.  Then, make it to where higher remorts and levels higher than you give much better RP rewards than those below you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2006 03:39 pm CDT »
That would be cool. RP from an rl2 lvl 50 almost worthless to an RL100 lvl 400.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2006 02:36 am CDT »
How about a system like I have.  Make elections for house leaders.  Give the house leaders a specific item that cannot be gotten by anyone else and have the guildmaster take the item to join the house.  Also make a function that allows the houseleader to boot ppl from his house if he wishes it.  Problem solved.  

My system actually takes 2 items to join a house.  One is an item that can be gotten from the mine enemies or yolanda.  The odds of getting it are very slim...about 1 in 10,000 chance.  You take that item to a bot who will trade it for another item.  With the new item you received and the house leader's item, you visit the guildmaster and you are admitted to the house.

This type of system pretty much eliminates the problem of noobs getting tricked into joining a house....UNLESS you have a corrupt house leader who is allowing such things to happen, in which case you hold re-elections.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by sin »

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2006 06:22 pm CDT »
Urgent feature request

I would like to see messages sent to the client when they have been shoved or mugged. e.g.,

Perpetrator just shoved you., or
Perpetrator has just stolen your Battle Axe.

Screenshots are totally useless as a form of evidence when you have been shoved (off the den would be a good example) or over-mugged. I believe the benefit of making screenshots admissible evidence would far outweigh any arguments to the contrary about spam, lack of "stealth," etc.

If this is not possible or desirable, I would like to request that these client messages be sent to all admins and peacekeepers present in the server instead (with an option to toggle them off, of course). Like "Perpetrator just shoved VictimName." That way, if someone commits a crime in the server and an admin is present (but they weren't watching at the time), they don't require screenshots to act.

This would largely solve the proof issue, which is getting to be a pain in the ass. Thanks for considering it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2006 06:50 pm CDT »
I'd like to keep the stealth factor in the game, but I think I can help.

I will add two features for 3.36:
- Toggle-capable feature that will report interactions between users (what is reported is configurable) for both admins and pKs.
- Time stamped weblog (seven day) viewable by admins and pKs.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2006 06:57 pm CDT »
It would be nice if the mugging limit was server enforced.  If not that then have actual punishments for mugging other than increasing your bounty.   Failing to mug should result in being jailed.  Start out for a short amount of time then keep increasing it as they fail more.  Its like increasing your bounty except its increasing your jailtime.

Failing to mug in town could result in a message like "The town guard has caught you trying to steal from someperson!" then since its in town you would get jailed for 10 minutes to start.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2006 12:59 am CDT »
doesnt matter we wont see it until another year or so

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2006 01:27 am CDT »
probably a month

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2006 01:14 pm CDT »
not to sound like a dick or anything but why not let rose and corona be in charge of making updates to the current pcrpg so you have less to deal with and more energy on the new trpg. would kinda make sense to me.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2006 09:01 pm CDT »
I don't give anybody the code.  You know that.

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2006 09:34 pm CDT »
you should make healing less powrful because there are those gods that can like get hit for 100k and then regen it in two seconds.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2006 09:48 pm CDT »
Are you talking about the Healing Skill or the Healing Spell?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »