Author Topic: Where is Particle?  (Read 5685 times)

kharandhil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007 10:33 am CDT »
only 800? cool
most weapons are way more expensive here, and I didnt mean to sound like i didnt understand...lol, a katana can cost over 1000 dol and its just for sports lol (well I could use it for protection no prob; I can kill anyone carrying a gun or a big axe mhuahahah all legal
(and dont talk to me about a gun being stronger...i know that but chances are not inexistant that I could kill a guy holding a gun with my katana. or with any of the 100 knifes that are in my room. I keep knives hidden all over my room. Taking me as hostage is dumb...jsut kill me)

I love your free service btw
and I dont even know where you find the kindness to give us so much fun for free
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by kharandhil »
Je vous encule tous!

plasma

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007 08:45 pm CDT »
Quote from: "kharandhil"
could kill a guy holding a gun with my katana. or with any of the 100 knifes that are in my room. I keep knives hidden all over my room. Taking me as hostage is dumb...jsut kill me)

you are forkin' ridiculous dude
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by plasma »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007 08:29 pm CDT »
I dunno mang.  Put us 20 feet apart and you've got no advantage, even if you're already running toward me and about to throw an axe.

I can fire 22 rounds in two seconds.  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007 09:37 pm CDT »
wow , should i even comment?   i havent been around long but i have never had a problem making contact with Particle...  i guess you just have to be patient enough to wait for a reply...  what?  oh yeah?  so what!   maybe you whiners would like some cheese while you wait?  (same to you!)

hahahahahaha i give you the little letters cause you are so puny hahahahahahaha
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Arf »
In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007 10:54 pm CDT »
I would take a bolt-action sniper rifle over an auto pistol if I was in the field. But for personal protection...yeah, pistol.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007 11:52 pm CDT »
My pistol isn't pistol caliber.  It's basically a short barreled AR-15 (7.25" in 5.56x45 NATO).
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007 08:37 am CDT »
U GOT BERATED
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 12Stones »

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]

kharandhil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007 08:46 am CDT »
Quote from: "Particle"
I dunno mang.  Put us 20 feet apart and you've got no advantage, even if you're already running toward me and about to throw an axe.

I can fire 22 rounds in two seconds.  :)

surroundings are very important for a ninja!
about that....my room is big and at night theres close to no light in it, if you do attack me at night youll have trouble finding me...obviously I wont be in my bed, but i'll probably be behind ya about to swing my sword while youre shooting at my bed.
Mostlikely i would be standing directly above you (since theres a way to easely climb up the furniture and get on the top of my door.
A gun is certainly powerful and scary, but nto everyone has the fast reflexes to use their gun fast. I gota face that in most cases I'll prob die against a gun user ,but its doesnt count for all cases, especially if im taken hostage lol

strategic knowledge is very important and I'm sure that not a lot of persons here posses the same knowledge I do. In for example a wood at night you would stand no chance chance against me, no matter if you had a bazooka...you would prob die and not ever see me. I'm my room I would need about 2 seconds at most to cut your trouth, a moment of distraction last a few seconds...

and btw if i rly had to go offensively I would just use bombs set up in a trap
whats the point of shooting 22 bullets in 1 second if you can just destroy the whole room XD
other option would be to use one of the 2 poisons I know, in that case one hit from a dart or shuriken and you're F*ed (I'm 100% sure that theres no antitode for any of the 2)

well I got lots of cool toys to use in case im attack at home, my caltropes go through shoes (ive tested them lol and F*ek up my shoes) or blinding powder (composed of a lot of stuff, which will make your eyes bleed ) and lets not forget the crossbows :p

the most safe bet for me would be to just take some weapons (for just in case) ....jump out of my window and call the cops...
Je vous encule tous!

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007 10:49 am CDT »
Let's remember that this scenerio is just a hypo.

I was just kidding about the 22 in 2 seconds thing.  I can do it, sure, but firing a semi without a stock that fast I'd be lucky to hit a barn at 50 feet.  It's just not practical for a self defense situation.  It's merely entertainment...not to mention prohibitively expensive.

I do hope that you don't consider yourself some kind of uber ninja, however.  I don't know if you've ever been in a fight, but they don't always go as planned.  Some how, the other person always does better than you'd think.  You don't always get the first turn.  Your hits won't always land where you planned.  The same thing applies to bullets, darts, arrows, bolts, axes, swords, skuriken, or whatever you're using.  If you ever are in this sort of situation, please have a firearm.  Call the cops, but remember that it's up to you to defend yourself.  If you don't, the cops will arrive just in time to write the report about how you were killed.

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007 12:01 pm CDT »
...  wow...  just wow.

If swords were really superior to guns, why does the military use guns today instead of swords?  Oh, of course, because people that train others for combat with intent to kill don't know what they're doing.  But you do.

The situations where a knife is actually superior to a gun are few and far between.  Take a step back from the fantasy world that many of us use to be in (including me).  Heck, many people end up pepper spraying themselves when being attacked because they don't have the proper training in it's usage.  There's too many things to take into account in an actual fight, and the less you have to think about, the better.

Personally, I'd just avoid any confrontation when possible.  The way I see it, the only way to "win" a fight is to walk away unscathed.  Two fighters each with broken bones are two losers.

A similar discussion like this came up on another forum.  A great number of people actually believed that a person trained in competitive martial arts could beat a trained marine in hand to hand combat.  Of course, because of the way our universe works, it could go either way.  But if I knew that I'd have to face off against someone in unarmed combat, you better believe that I'd want training from the military over someone training me how to compete.

Oh, and hey.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Dyre »
My job is done here!

*woosh*

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007 12:53 pm CDT »
Rifle > Assault Weapon > Pistol > Pen Gun > Sword Gun > Sword > Knife > Fist

*Some items included for American Dad humor.

kharandhil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: November 1, 2007 11:30 am CDT »
my last post was merely about some strategies to maybe (with a lot of luck) beat an armed guy.
WHere did you guys not see I was clear about the superiority of a gun?

I'll write it in big

GUN ARE SUPERIOR TO SWORD ,DUH!

even so, did you guys ever had math? who knows?
ever had lessons in military strategic positioning?
and had any good military training?
even if you had If its from 20 years ago its useless by now.
I noticed how for example my dad was an elite soldier but right now hes completely worthless on the military way

I dont consider myself as a uber ninja, I'm just pretty confident about my ability, but even so that doesnt mean I know for sure I'll win every fight (especially against a gun, look at the big red letters) , but next to doign ninjutsu I'm studying sciences and I can consider everything in a mathematical scientific way. Things like street combat  without any weapons...chances are very high I'll win and yes I've been in too many fights...armed and unarmed (attacker was armed, I was never armed : ( ) weapons used were 2 knives and a baseball bat, so far, no to mention multiple attackers, even 10 at once lol, but i didnt even touch 4 of them after I broke the arm of one guy.

There's lots of factors to consider when you talk about fighting with guns too
-how is the shooter? (things change greatly when he's a a fat guy , instead of an atlethic guy)
-how is the training of the guy? (uber civilian or ex military?skilled civilians are rare especially here on this forum)
-how are the surroundings :hey when some country wants to invade another country ...is a map important?
-then again there's the weapons the soldiers have...each weapon involves other tactics
and there's are many other things to consider

If swords were really superior to guns, why does the military use guns today instead of swords? Oh, of course, because people that train others for combat with intent to kill don't know what they're doing. But you do.
I expect such a well thought argument from a 10 year old, it's like saying the sky is blue and clouds are white or grey at times...
besides...why do a all paras carry a knife? Yeah cuz the knife is superior!!!! (*being sarcastic*)

Personally, I'd just avoid any confrontation when possible. The way I see it, the only way to "win" a fight is to walk away unscathed. Two fighters each with broken bones are two losers.
to begin with "personally"??? is sompeone else thinking for you? LOL
your opinion is what any good martial artist should do and pretty much what all good MA teachers do. When they actually fight its a last resort. That also counts for me...
Take for example if they mug me and a friend with a knife...ill give my money no prob if he doesnt get agressive, but if he does ill try stopping him, not fearing consequence, since i might die anyways

Broken bones are nothing at times. If the broken bones don't stop you from fighting again...then its all fine. If a guy breaks his ribs during a fight but messes up 10 guys in the fight  and gets top leave only with the broken ribs then its all fine. He would probably have more broken bones if he hadn't won. If broken bones don't stop a guy from finishing a tournament then its all fine.
Some people can do way past their body limits, resulting in even a worse injury in most cases, I know that from experience sadly...

A similar discussion like this came up on another forum. A great number of people actually believed that a person trained in competitive martial arts could beat a trained marine in hand to hand combat. Of course, because of the way our universe works, it could go either way. But if I knew that I'd have to face off against someone in unarmed combat, you better believe that I'd want training from the military over someone training me how to compete.
That's why I changed MA so many times, untill i arrived in ninjutsu.
Most MAs are just a hobby, but its true that most MAist overrrate themselves (dont take this wrong , but thats valid especially in the case of american guys)
There's no competition in ninjutsu, and it isnt allowed in any competitive way. (reason why it isnt allowed in UFC is cuz its too dangerous, just like military combat)

the effectiveness in military MA lies in the nature of the attack, it goes straith to the point...killing...
thats even worse in ninjutsu...anytihng goes in ninjutsu, stabbing in the back is one of the main points. If you look at for example tanto (knife) fighting (training) when you defend: first move is block , second is cut the vein or (mostlikely) the troath. Precision is what you work on when you handle any non shooting weapons (it should be the same with guns, but its isnt as many civilians only see shooting as a hobby) Creating a perfect attack is the point of training with weapons, you don't believe it's just the point to swing it around do you?
sadly most MAs went into the direction of hobby more than its initial purpose, back in the days...even capoera was used to attack in brazil (helping the military)
MAs should be looked down...nowadays a lot of paracommandos have to have a black belt to enlist
Besides that ninjutsu is thought to a lot of special forces all over the world (both special forces from police as for miltary special forces). In it origin it was ment to kill better equiped and larger forces...
I'm glad that even nowadays that same spirit excists. In higher grades (in ninjutsu ) it's all about defeating several opponents.

and btw I can shoot guns aswell, small or whatever...I like all weapons...but not a super fan of guns as much as i love more traditional weapons. (in usa guns are part of the curriculum in ninjutsu)

Rifle > Assault Weapon > Pistol > Pen Gun > Sword Gun > Sword > Knife > Fist

thats not relevant for fighting as much as you think, in fact in therms of military its the least important thing...
lets say you're doing a operation as quietly as possible....better use silencer or just a knife cut troath to not waste bullets...
the most powerful form of shooting weapon is what comes out of planes...even so doens't mean you can just use it at any time you want...

all weapons have a different use, thus even if they have more power it doesnt mean more power means better...or else we would be using A bombs to kill everyone...

as for the thing about swords being more powerful than guns....its not true. But chances are NOT 0% that a guy with a gun will win against a guy with a sword. Depending on the scenario they can go higher for the swordsman.
I rly hate how most americans take one example (even an exeption at times ) to mark everything as the same. Scientists look at it in a mathematical way, considerign chances which change with each scenario... if doing maths kills you please stop replying like dyre.
Je vous encule tous!

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: November 1, 2007 02:54 pm CDT »
Quote from: "kharandhil"
WHere did you guys not see I was clear about the superiority of a gun?

Sorry, I must not have noticed that sentiment among all the statements about how being a 1337 ninja is better.

kharandhil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: November 1, 2007 04:57 pm CDT »
to make things extra clear, I keep talking in a scientific kinda way...meaning i consider all possibilities, no matter what. Saying gun wins would be too boring... :p
so I kept talking about a few chances where the sword might win. Winning with a gun is too boring
even a child can do that...
Je vous encule tous!

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: November 6, 2007 11:14 pm CST »
It's okay.  I own you all.  I'm a robot-pirate-ninja.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by RedneckNoob »

Record number of Star Wars references in a single day: 94
Record number of Star Trek references in a single day: 62

Das Weib war der zweite Fehlgriff Gottes.  -Friedrich Nietzsche