Author Topic: Tribes:ascend beta! Be there, or be square.  (Read 5040 times)

x-ta-c

• Goblin Pup
Tribes:ascend beta! Be there, or be square.
« on: December 14, 2011 01:39 pm CST »
Sup ladies. Figured I'd pop in and let you all know that I've been playing the tribes:Ascend beta, and it is goooooood. If you're a fan of base tribes, and not just tribes RPG, you should all be playing this.

Unfortunately its still in a closed beta stage, so you have to sign up, and hope they pass you a beta key. However, on the bright side, the game will be a free-to-play model, where you can simply sign up, download and play once it releases. There will be a small advantage to those who decide to pay, such as more starting classes and such. This is lame, I realize, but I won't go the way of the dying hardcore tribes fan and condemn the game on just this premise. I would much rather see this game get made, and possibly revive and maybe continue the tribes franchise, than try and keep things the way they've always been at the cost of killing off the franchise.

So, again. For any of you who have received a beta key, My in-game username is thellamavaulter, and I will be fragging it up nightly, from 6pm EST til whenever I get bored. Feel free to add me, and let's frag it up!

And for those of you who haven't signed up, or don't know about T:A, GET WITH IT.

Looking forward to mid-air discin' all you bastids. See you there!

B2

• Undead Hero
Re: Tribes:ascend beta! Be there, or be square.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011 05:50 pm CST »
If you buy me a new computer I will play with you. :)

x-ta-c

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011 11:00 am CST »
get you and your eleventy-one brothers and pitch in on one? a decent gaming rig these days can be assembled for just over 400$

rjm003

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011 07:34 pm CST »
I've been playing it a bit and it does seem to have some good aspects. It is definitely not tribes 1, and no where really near it. But - it is good for some quick fps action.

x-ta-c

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011 10:26 am CST »
Yeah, I agree. It is not tribes 1, or 2c for that matter. The simple fact is the game is much fun, even in the early beta stage that it is in. I feel that Hi-Rez (provided they continue to listen to their forums community) will do a good job in the future, in trying to  please all of its fans requests. Same thing I tell everyone: T:A is still early beta, everything currently in the game is subject to change, and probably will. Let's just hope they offer us a "hardcore ctf" mode, or something similar, with additional vehicles (like the bomber or transport unit) and larger, more sprawling maps, plus more deployables and such; because the current ctf is super watered down, and bases feel just about useless with the ability to just spawn in heavy\classed armor.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011 05:26 pm CST »
I'm lookin forward to this one.

x-ta-c

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011 11:44 am CST »
Oh yeah, if anyone needs a key, just Like their official facebook page!

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012 02:33 am CST »
So...I played for about 2 weeks. It was fun, but I guess I found it kind of repetitive. I didn't like the way that they're marketing it. I'm a much bigger fan of the one-time retail buy rather than the pay-for-content method. Anyone have any idea what it'll be like when it's fully released? Will there be custom servers and, heaven forbid, MODS?

x-ta-c

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012 11:06 am CST »
Noone knows what it will be like upon release, but things have slowly been improving since I've joined, some months back. The game has gone though some major positive changes, like class customization. There will be custom, and ranked servers, and as far as mods go, they have not discounted the possibilities. There are also plans in the near future for 'custom' servers, where you can toggle certain server features and flags such as low gravity, destructible everything, gen shields, etc etc.

If you're getting bored, don't forget the game is still in early beta. Many MANY more things to come soon.

In the meantime, play rabbit, or learn to shrike for fun.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012 08:57 pm CST »
Yeah I know, and to be fair, I haven't played any other mode except CTF. I'd really like to see a "Hunter" play mode put in there (the one where the announcer yells "Yard Sale!" when someone with a lot of flags dies). That one was a lot of fun.

ShortStuff102

• phpBB REGISTERED
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012 04:11 am CDT »
Ew that malarkeys tight I'm definetly gonna shoot for.thebetakey and peep.the malarkey outta it ill pay IDGAF
They used to call me Shorty, now they call me herpes, i keep coming back.

rjm003

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012 04:19 pm CDT »
Yeah ascend is becoming fun as hell to play. Definitely the best sequel to tribes 1 that has ever been made. They are even remaking some old tribes 1 maps , they already have Raindance and Walled in (my favorite t1 arena map) .. and they look damn sweet in this unreal engine. It is a free to play format which is really kind of odd. If you pay the $60 bucks you basically buy the game (5500 gold buys almost all the weapons and classes, + you get a 60 day boost on XP, which will definitely add up to enough xp to unlock every last thing in the game..) Seems like they could have just did retail + a demo like other games... meh. Anyways I've been playing every night with a few old rpg/tribes players.

Current people we play with:
rjm3 (me)
Achromatos (he played rpg back in the day)
trpgsinister (sin)
TheExorsist (longbow from sins wasteland)

And I just now seen you on here XTAC i'll add you when I get on tonight at home..

Vi

• Undead Hero
  • Viral
    • Zack Ganous Level Design
« Reply #12 on: May 7, 2012 05:07 am CDT »
Hey Particle people! Viral approves of this. Was an ancient player here. Started in 03 or 02 can't remember. If you know me, add me on xfire. Moondog87. Let's play some ascend. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to disappear for another 6 years. Peace.
Level Designer - www.zackganous.com

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012 01:55 pm CDT »
I'm on there also, just messin around..

kcramp858

I'm pretty annoyed with the Thumper/gernade launcher, CoD all over again -_-

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.