Poll

Should we clear to revitalize the server?

Yes (I would continue/start playing again)
21 (55.3%)
Yes (But I will be leaving)
2 (5.3%)
No (But I will start over and play)
6 (15.8%)
No (And I will leave if cleared)
9 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 31, 2008 04:37 pm CST

Author Topic: Dun dun dun dunnnnnn! (*whispers* Should we clear?)  (Read 34826 times)

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2007 11:40 pm CST »
Combo 6 points for most creative use of !rcon
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

kharandhil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2007 03:29 am CST »
tokath is super smart....

ehm I was wondering....if there's gonna be a clear when will it happen? is an exact date fixed yet?

I asked tokath about the clear too....and it's all clear...

Also...

One thing you all can't deny

The server won't get any better after clearing, the problems will remain the same, except with some extra issues. (more overkilling since everyone can kill everyone and anyone can be mugged easely without beign able to do something about it)

Troublemakers don't have any power in the server now since you have some many high rl gods and after the clear, it should be expected to have such guys back.
I can understand that, especially since it can be seen a form of protest against the owner.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by kharandhil »
Je vous encule tous!

Kingpin

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2007 07:22 pm CST »
While I haven't posted much I have been reading along and one thing that I think the current system lacks in the ability for intelligent design.  All the players use the same, or close to the same, build..  I would like to see any changes work to better the SP system so more things can be possible and so that some skills and spell can counter others.  This I admit would be difficult and I honestly doubt if it would happen but it would take the game to a whole new level as people would try to find a way to use skills to counter skills and use one skill after another to achieve a greater effect.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kingpin »
"It is said that the meek shall inhearit the earth.....damnit..."

~Kingpin Strife, ranger of shadow~

Celtic16

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2007 01:33 pm CST »
you can put me down for a NO CLEAR! in my honest opinion RPG is on its very last legs and the only way forward is to make new zones for gods to lvl in, Make new zones and come up with smart ways to keep players interested. I agree there's a problem when a player < rl 100 can't lvl inside a certain zone because a supergod is in there. More zones are needed for sure. I for one will be quitting if a clear happends...but then again, i've said that before!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Celtic16 »

astal

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #154 on: January 6, 2008 06:58 pm CST »
Ok. Now i WANT a clear. Both shan and just now 7:50 pm est. jeenyus was set to level 101. They will kill everyone they want now. We have no reason to keep playing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by astal »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #155 on: January 7, 2008 11:43 am CST »
Ok, so we have fifteen people who are in favor.  As I've said before somewhere, if we clear at all we will have substantially updated content.  We also have seven people who would reluctantly return.  We have another seven who would be like "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

To me, it looks like if we were to update and clear we'd be doing fairly good with the veteran crowd.  Opinions?  It's been 61 days since I posted this (geeze, already?) so we've got 30 left until I close this up for good and make a decision.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

astal

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #156 on: January 7, 2008 01:51 pm CST »
This clear will be pretty good. Im gonna come back no matter what happens. Its too fun to quit.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2008 05:43 am CST by astal »

Celtic16

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #157 on: January 7, 2008 06:07 pm CST »
Quote from: "EVIL_INC"
"just because".

just because what? other people get to god, you just seem to have a really hard time because you're such an ignorant inbred piece of malarkey!

Jeenyus

• Orc Thrasher
    • http://www.jeenyus.com
(No subject)
« Reply #158 on: January 7, 2008 07:28 pm CST »
Hmm, I voted no and I will leave if cleared because I see no reason to clear.  I know that I kill/mug people, but the people that I usually kill or mug are high RL characters and a lot of them are higher than me. The reason why I do that? Because as a god, I find the game too easy and since almost everyone's a god now, I want to add in some challenge. In my opinion, if the game is too easy, it gets boring and when you're a god you have millions of coins, I don't see why you complain when I mug your items! Sometime, I give the items I mug to lower RL's to help them. When I remorted to god, I had a lot of people against me and that's is what made the game funny for me, because it added some challenge! Remember, this is a role playing game, you can play the role you want, as long as you follow the rules!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jeenyus »

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #159 on: January 7, 2008 11:55 pm CST »
I say the a clear would rejuvenate the server, and make TRPG fun again.  If you don't like it, see ya later dont let the door hit you in the ass on your way crying home to mommy.  And Sneeky, stop posting that YES NO MAYBE crap,  if players want to vote, tell them to make a forum account, it's like sending someone to vote for you during election time even though you're not registered to vote.  If they don't want a clear, they should register and vote.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by JayJay »

Celtic16

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #160 on: January 8, 2008 02:20 am CST »
Particle do whatever you want with the server, just choose admins a little more carefully. Especially when some people you have for admins..and im not saying any names....ROSE....get admin, then get to vote for other pks or other admins? He's as usefull as a cock flavoured condom

Sako

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #161 on: January 8, 2008 03:11 pm CST »
still crying..do you still pee and poo in your pants ?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sako »

Celtic16

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #162 on: January 8, 2008 04:50 pm CST »
Quote from: "Sako"
still crying..do you still pee and poo in your pants ?

quite mature..

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #163 on: January 8, 2008 10:28 pm CST »
Jeen, you've kind shown how a clear would be beneficial by your own account.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
Re:
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2008 03:25 pm CST »
Quote from: "Celtic16"
Particle do whatever you want with the server, just choose admins a little more carefully. Especially when some people you have for admins..and im not saying any names....ROSE....get admin, then get to vote for other pks or other admins? He's as usefull as a cock flavoured condom

I remember a couple of years ago you Hated Corona. Man was that a busy time for me.