Poll

Should we clear to revitalize the server?

Yes (I would continue/start playing again)
21 (55.3%)
Yes (But I will be leaving)
2 (5.3%)
No (But I will start over and play)
6 (15.8%)
No (And I will leave if cleared)
9 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 31, 2008 04:37 pm CST

Author Topic: Dun dun dun dunnnnnn! (*whispers* Should we clear?)  (Read 34824 times)

Riddle

• Gnoll Fighter
Re: Dun dun dun dunnnnnn! (*whispers* Should we clear?)
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2008 07:50 am CST »
well i voted No (But I will start over and play). since i'm in skool no i wont have as much time to play and i can only play like 2 hours on mon-friday because i have homework and a brother who also plays.....

Adam6

« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2008 11:16 pm CST »
I vote yes(and will play again), because i think that when a noob comes on, he just gets shoved killed and then logs off.

Or he goes to the mines with a hatchet and goes to get somthing to drink and comes back, and he is dead and mugged to death.

Then he just disconnects, and goes to play something else.

If you were to clear, they wouldn't get that treatment because they would be starting off new with us, but i think there should be a RL cap of about 150, so that we wouldn't have a super god that has about 900k hp at lvl one (Deschain) and goes to afk at the uber zone, now if anyone messes with them, then they will get the cracked club treatment. (Still doing a total of 5k damage, the maximum)

So therefore we cannot lvl.

This concludes my post,

By the way, what the heck is a Google (Bot) it is browsing the forums.

Vivaxx

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2008 07:11 am CST »
A remort cap sounds like a really good idea, and 150 would be a great number. After that point it all becomes AFK leveling anyway.

I voted yes (would play or return).

-Jonah
Jonah, PCRPG player since 2002.

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2008 07:41 pm CST »
Quote from: "Adam6"
Or he goes to the mines with a hatchet and goes to get somthing to drink and comes back, and he is dead and mugged to death.

If I was the kind of player to mugs and kills noobs then it won't matter whether I'm RL1000 or RL10 I would still do it.  A clear won't change the player.  That is where most people are failing in their logic for a clear.

Vivaxx

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2008 07:53 pm CST »
Quote from: "Xenos"

If I was the kind of player to mugs and kills noobs then it won't matter whether I'm RL1000 or RL10 I would still do it.  A clear won't change the player.  That is where most people are failing in their logic for a clear.

Except if that person is RL 1000 then there is no chance of retaliation. If they are level 10, that newb can level up fairly quickly and get his revenge. People are discouraged and want to leave when they get killed by someone who they will never have any chance of getting back at. They'll never catch up, and that's why a RL cap would be nice.

A new PvP flagging system is definitely needed. Take a RL 300 at level 5, and take a RL 10 at level 5. It's not even fair.  Maybe it should be based on skills rather than levels.

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2008 09:16 pm CST »
Quote from: "Vivaxx"
Quote from: "Xenos"

Except if that person is RL 1000 then there is no chance of retaliation. If they are level 10, that newb can level up fairly quickly and get his revenge. People are discouraged and want to leave when they get killed by someone who they will never have any chance of getting back at. They'll never catch up, and that's why a RL cap would be nice.

A new PvP flagging system is definitely needed. Take a RL 300 at level 5, and take a RL 10 at level 5. It's not even fair.  Maybe it should be based on skills rather than levels.

Don't fool yourself. Those who got to RL1000 did it by playing several hours a day every day.  Unless you are planning to do the same you will never catch up to them.  

People get mugged and killed all the time on the server.  I used to get killed all the time when I was a low RL.  I joined a house about RL35 when there were gods on the server in opposing houses.  Eventually you do level past the point where you don't die easy.  If you quit after getting killed once you were never going to make it far anyway.

I think a RL cap would just make those who hit it become full time greifers.

Vivaxx

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2008 12:08 am CST »
Please.. don't fool yourself. They got to that remort level by: 1) Starting early 2) AFK leveling for several hours a day after about RL 80.

There is no chance of catching up because remorting speeds up exponentially. If you start a month before me, theres no chance I'd ever catch you by playing the same amount of time. This is where a cap comes in, or possibly an XP requirement gain based on remort level. This would at least tighten the gap on the numbers.

As for full time griefers, if the admins are doing their jobs, then even if they grief every player every day, hypothetically you'd still be able to catch them.

What I'm basically trying to say is these are just some of the reasons new players are rare. And with Tribes in the state it is you're going to want to keep whatever new ones you get.

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2008 12:23 am CST »
Quote from: "Vivaxx"
Please.. don't fool yourself. They got to that remort level by: 1) Starting early 2) AFK leveling for several hours a day after about RL 80.

Ask Rose about how he got Jam to such a high remort without starting early or afk leveling for several hours a day.  And before anyone makes a statement, there's a difference between a couple, a few, and several.

Not to mention when people go afk they are free game.  Anyone can mess with them.  I've messed with gods who go afk just because I can.  I don't care what they do back to me.

Putting an RL cap on a character is like saying to a person "I'm sorry, but you can only live X amount of years.  After that you'll be in a state of timelessness and never be allowed to advance any further."

Record number of Star Wars references in a single day: 94
Record number of Star Trek references in a single day: 62

Das Weib war der zweite Fehlgriff Gottes.  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2008 05:41 pm CST »
I think we should all move along and find a new thing in life, something constructive.

I mean, LOOK AT ME!  I play guitar and chase women everyday.

Love,
Darwin

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2008 07:04 pm CST »
sorry, waxing your car every day doesnt count as chasing women

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #175 on: February 3, 2008 02:18 am CST »
yes it does

Adam6

« Reply #176 on: February 4, 2008 06:22 pm CST »
I think particle should be more active in the game though.

Or at least have updates every three months or so.

NiGhTmArE

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #177 on: February 6, 2008 02:01 am CST »
How many of the women you have chased, file assault charges against you? All?
PS I suffer from SIB disease!

Artorius

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #178 on: February 7, 2008 08:15 pm CST »
Quote from: "Darwin"
I think we should all move along and find a new thing in life, something constructive.

I mean, LOOK AT ME!  I play guitar and chase women everyday.

Love,
Darwin

You've been chasing women since I first met you, so.... that hasn't changed.

Oh, and that love... totally creepy.

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."

- Joseph Stalin

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2008 02:34 pm CST »
It's not a matter of chasing women that should be examined here...

Question is... "How many has he caught and would he even know what to do with one if he caught one?"

:axeface:

DOH!
In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....