Author Topic: Shields  (Read 8555 times)

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2003 10:35 pm CST »
EVIL, we didn't say you were stupid. Just that from all my learnings from people who have devoted their lives to ancient weaponry, these people have told me that the blood groove doesn't make any difference. If you stab someone, there can't be a suction. Would you like to hear my reasoning behind this? If you shove an object in someones body, air must either escape, or compress. If it can escape, then there is another opening somewhere that would make it so there is no suction. If there is no opening, then the air and organs in the body would simply move out of the way, making a pushing of sorts on the blade. Suction is caused by high pressure on the outside, and low pressure on the inside. Teach me how this low pressure got there, and I will stop argueing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Crash »

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2003 10:42 pm CST »
I havnt gone into the physics, I just know what I have actually SEEN when this is done. What I have SEEN with my own eyes, is what I have already posted. Ive studied the use of these things for years so I am speaking from actual experience.
I dont know WHY it happens, just that it DOES.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by EVIL_INC »
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.
4th in doghouse. Last in actual server and forum rules broken.
Quote from: HUBBA
I kinda miss Evil's lengthy post.

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2003 11:42 pm CST »
You have taken a sword, not a dart, but a sword, and stabbed someone with it? I find that truly hard to believe. I have been stabbed with a dart, and it wasn't hard at all to pull out. I took it right in the thigh, and after getting over the initial pain of there being a dart in my leg, I just popped it right out.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2003 11:59 pm CST »
Alright!  Lets settle this.  Lets all meet in Parsons, Kansas on April 4th to test this out.  Crash, you bring the sword, and we can test this on Shorty.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Jason_Xero

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2003 12:42 am CST »
Shorty isn't human.  He's more of a program that is sent to harass people and never stop.  Much like Bender from Futurama.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003 12:46 am CST by Jason_Xero »
Gotta love SBC with their 6Mbps tier for 45$
(Yes, on their site it only shows 3Mbps, but it is actually 6Mbps, I would know :)).

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2003 12:44 am CST »
LOL now THERE is an idea.
Anyway, YEs, I have stuck a sword in someone as well as a dart. I used the dart as an example to show how having the edge on a sword is different from not having an edge to cut the wound wider.
The suction created DOES indeed make the blade harder to pull out.
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.

Jason_Xero

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2003 12:51 am CST »
Lawn darts? I thought those are illegal now?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jason_Xero »
Gotta love SBC with their 6Mbps tier for 45$
(Yes, on their site it only shows 3Mbps, but it is actually 6Mbps, I would know :)).

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2003 01:05 am CST »
Are lawn darts REALLY illegal?!?!
Anyway, untill someone comes to west virginia and shows me some miracle blade that ignores the laws of physics, I will believe the words of experts who have studied the art of war for decades and what I have seen with my own 2 eyes in my own 20 years of study in the subject.

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2003 01:09 am CST »
Hmmm drop this...

You are ALL wrong...

The blood grove is designed to send a radio signal to a satalite.. From there the satalite sends a sigal to a photon beam gun light years away..

The photon beam gun shoots across light years to the designated target.. From then, it kills the target and makes it magnetic to ancient weapons..

That is why you can't pull it out..

I are teh pwn j00

All your base are belong to me!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2003 09:01 am CST »
No no no, you're wrong.  Everybody knows that the blood grove is just a sword in expanded form.  When you stab somebody the blade expands and entends spikes to help hinder the pulling out of the blade.  DUH
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Knyght

• b4nz0r3d!!!
  • Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2003 11:08 am CST »
If you watch Batman Returns in the scene where he pulls out the claw that Catwoman stuck into him you can see like a suction affect.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Knyght »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2003 11:46 am CST »
I think Batman Returns didn't have catwoman in it...

It was herm... gah.. it has been years.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2003 05:12 pm CST »
Well shit. If it happened in the movies, it must be true.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2003 05:18 pm CST »
LOL you cant believe everything you see in the movies. special effects can do anything.
However, this time they got something right. :)

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2003 05:50 pm CST »
Quote from: "Crash"
EVIL, we didn't say you were stupid. Just that from all my learnings from people who have devoted their lives to ancient weaponry, these people have told me that the blood groove doesn't make any difference. If you stab someone, there can't be a suction. Would you like to hear my reasoning behind this? If you shove an object in someones body, air must either escape, or compress. If it can escape, then there is another opening somewhere that would make it so there is no suction. If there is no opening, then the air and organs in the body would simply move out of the way, making a pushing of sorts on the blade. Suction is caused by high pressure on the outside, and low pressure on the inside. Teach me how this low pressure got there, and I will stop argueing.

Your reasoning is messy... Just think of a conventional bathroom plunger.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Silvanoshei »

The DoDoDo.

Your opinion is worthless unless you can support it.
We are not responsible for your stupidity.
I don't take sides. I take action.

Currently Playing:  Warcraft III [PC]