Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 4483 times)

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006 03:12 pm CST »
It doesn't need to be a direct copy of the patent in order to be an infringement.  In the patent itself it described a device that could be used as a mouse by pointing at the screen with a trigger button and an analog control on the front.  Since I have a Wii I know that from the full description of the patent it is very similar.  As for the fact that it isn't a company like Sony or Microsoft sueing just look at Sony.  Sony was successfully sued over their rumble feature in PS2 controllers, and that is why there isn't a rumble feature in PS3 most likely.

I agree with you that the company is just trying to get money but it potentially could hit Nintendo hard if the courts agree with the small company.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bovidi »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006 03:23 pm CST »
So far I have been really forking impressed with my wii, especially with Zelda.

As soon as I got my wii (on launch night) I created my Mii, popped in Wii Sports, then played tennis.  How intuitive it was really blew me away.

I got Zelda for Christmas and have been thouroughly impressed with it.  Sometimes I just have to stop and stare, because the game (though truly last gen graphics) sometimes amazes me with how beautiful it is.  It is so colorful and alive, and the bloom lighting makes it look spectacular.  

Raving Rabbids was fun during the time that I played it.  It is a game that you can beat within a few hours, so all the fun is really in playing it at parties.  Then again, however, it doesnt really have games which are all that great for parties.  That said, it still is a great game for its sheer wackiness (kicking the bunny into the goal instead of a soccer ball literally had me ROFL'ing) and fun gameplay.

I'm really looking forward to the future releases for the Wii.  I am certain that the games will reach better technological achievements as the games will be truly developed using the final wii hardware, and am sure that even more original gameplay concepts will emerge with this new system.

Beautiful system, outstanding execution.  Decent technology.  Fun controls.  

I should mention that watching youtube and google video using the Wii Opera Browser works excellent.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006 06:40 pm CST »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by sin »

LOL Internet

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006 08:59 pm CST »
was the music in that video absolutely necessary

pretty cool though
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by LOL Internet »

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 1, 2007 02:34 am CST »
Quote from: "LOL Internet"
was the music in that video absolutely necessary

pretty cool though

No, the music wasn't necessary, but I've found that a professional track of music can make even the most horrible videos look decent.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by sin »