Author Topic: Counter-Strike  (Read 15149 times)

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
Re: Counter-Strike
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2002 04:16 pm CST »
Every time I rush, I get owned.  Soo, I have to do the slow approach.  I stray from the fighting and flank the terrorists (I always play as CT).  I this way, I can knife the hell out of a whole team before they realize what the hell is going on.  Seriously, I pretty much won an entire match one time by running up behind a terrorist firing squad and completely humiliating them.

Also, I have found the shotgun to be my best friend.  A mix of shotgun, HE, and smoke grenades makes me unstoppable.

Of course, im toast if I cant afford kevlar and helmet after buying all that stuff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2002 04:19 pm CST »
Kevlar's only good for long-range fire and HE grens.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2002 04:20 pm CST »
Still very lame.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2002 04:22 pm CST »
Well, if it helps, I was in my prime when I first began playing CS.  I was a masta with the styr aug, but I took a break and began playing TRPG for months.  So now I come back, and I suck with the Styr aug.

My strategy is still cool though, very unique.

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2002 04:29 pm CST »
Pump owns all, too. I love a good dust run as a terrorist. On your way to rushing the site, throw a flash out the tunnel entrance. Then run to the end of the hall and jump out, and nail whoever is there. If noone is there, throw a flash around the corner, followed by a HE, followed by you. Take out whoever is there, then plant.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Crash »

Jason_Xero

• Uber Menace
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2002 04:50 pm CST »
cash prize on the server.

Rawr...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jason_Xero »
Gotta love SBC with their 6Mbps tier for 45$
(Yes, on their site it only shows 3Mbps, but it is actually 6Mbps, I would know :)).

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2002 04:53 pm CST »
What name do you use on the server? I will use my brothers computer and log on tonight.

Jason_Xero

• Uber Menace
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2002 04:56 pm CST »
I am Jason_Xero  ;D
Draak-DD is , ahem, not being so nice to me right now.  I'll go on when I see you in there.  Just tell me when you think you might be on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jason_Xero »
Gotta love SBC with their 6Mbps tier for 45$
(Yes, on their site it only shows 3Mbps, but it is actually 6Mbps, I would know :)).

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2002 05:00 pm CST »
Pump owns all, too. I love a good dust run as a terrorist. On your way to rushing the site, throw a flash out the tunnel entrance. Then run to the end of the hall and jump out, and nail whoever is there. If noone is there, throw a flash around the corner, followed by a HE, followed by you. Take out whoever is there, then plant.

That technique happens so often, I am usually well prepared for it.  That is the normal route I usually take, but I stay clear of those who do that untill they have already thrown it.  I stay under the ledge and wait for them to come by.  Dust isnt my favorite map though.  Aztec is.

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2002 05:09 pm CST »
That is why I rush, so I can learn where everyone hides. You may cap me the first time, but the second I will smoke and come out from above you.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2002 05:22 pm CST »
You think I use the same technique over and over again?  You are sadly mistaken.  I have a very good system going for me, and it boggles my foes, like lets say i hide behind a box and cap them the first time.  The next round, they come by that box, but im not there, when they turn and start firing where I first was, I jump out and kill em.  Very simple yet affective method.

Now, I am opposed to camping, I hate it, so usually I am constantly moving, yet ever time I find a place to grab cover, such as a step to a doorway, I crouch for about 5-10 seconds to check out my scene.  

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2002 05:38 pm CST »
I don't have to stare. I played without sound for a while, so my only refrence was visual. You learn to scan while playing like that. I recomend playing without sound for like 2 weeks so your eyes become more tuned.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2002 05:40 pm CST »
If i ever see anything that looks out of place on the map, i shoot it.  It kinda reminds me of the game delta force.  At far away, everybody looks like little blobs that are slightly different from the sand color.  All you have to do is shoot anything that looks out of place, and you basicly have won the match.

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2002 07:09 pm CST »
Jason, neither computer has a working Tribes on it...
So, Particle, do you think you could play Wester Union and take some money out of my account and give it to Jason? I think 7.5 million should cover it.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2002 07:20 pm CST »
Obviously you avoided my request.  Thats ok, Im pretty much winning this battle.  Check out the Donnie Darko thread for your amusement.