Author Topic: I need help adding merchants and bankers  (Read 2842 times)

FrieD

• Orc Thrasher
I need help adding merchants and bankers
« on: July 2, 2003 02:42 am CDT »
Hi im FrieD

I need help adding merchants and bankers to my maps
And how do i add monsters
plz help me

Thanks FrieD
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by FrieD »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2003 01:54 pm CDT »
Alright, if you look at the map all spawn points are listed like this:

Code: [Select]
instant Marker ".5 0.5 1 50 70 48" {
    dataBlock = "PathMarker";
    name = "minotaur reaper spawn";
    position = "-1904.27 -2843.9 161.898";
    rotation = "0 0 0";
};

The top numbers determine how fast, often, and control how many are spawned at any given time but I forget how that works.  Try messing with the numbers if you don't like how that makes it spawn.  Anyway, the 48 identifies the Reaper (check enemyarmors.cs).

I'm guessing that the 1 defines the maximum amount spawned at once and the 50/70 has something to do about spawn radius (how close somebody is to the spawn point to make a monster spawn) or timing.  You'll have to mess with that.

You can name it anything you want... it's only for reference.  Set the position to wherever in the map you want them to spawn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

FrieD

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2003 03:30 pm CDT »
Thanks particle. Does the same thing apply for bankers and merchants?

FrieD

eViL

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2003 05:05 pm CDT »
yes, but there is a few added lines to those markers.  i don't have the rpgmap off hand as i quit playing and coding, but if you search the rpgmap5.mis for merchant3 and copy the code and change it around, you have a new merchant.  the shopmenu or shoplist or shop (dunno, can't remember) is what controls what the banker sells, all those numbers are item codes in the game.  to get a complete item list, run the loop through the invenlist echoing the number of the item and the item name.  yea it sounds hard but its easy, i wrote the function for it in about 30 seconds.  as i don't have any code sitting around me anymore..... maybe particle will post a function or something similar (maybe the list already generated).

for bankers, just go search the file for a banker, change the names and positions, and your done.

-EI-
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by eViL »
Quote from: "LastWish || NextWish"
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

FrieD

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 3, 2003 12:36 am CDT »
Thanks i got it :D