Author Topic: Non mounted item number system.  (Read 2085 times)

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
Non mounted item number system.
« on: October 1, 2003 02:50 pm CDT »
Hello...

If you played TVT and made and gave bread to people, this temporary solution to the item limit may proove to be usefull in enlarging and enhancing the inventory options of Particles Custom RPG, as well as things that may be done with the inventory.

I actually thought of this idea in reference to the coin system, but this should work well.

Each player has the ability to carry a certain ammount of extra equipment in their pockets and other places with a capped limit for each internal item type. (I'll call these items intenral items, as they would be in your personal inventory and not stealable unless the steal system is changed)

ie; your player limits on tiny objects, small, medium and large objects would be regulated by 4 cap levels of tiny 100, small 20, medium 7, large 2.

Internal items you pick up in-game would then have values defining them as large, medium, small, and tiny.  If you have 2 large objects, you would not be able to pick up any more large internal objects untill those you had were either sold or thrown away or perhaps used.

This comes into play for allowing people to have items that are not physically seen in the game and are therefore not mounted or dropped.  These items are only referred to in their name and number forms and the ammount of each would need to be given a place on the TAB menu options, OR, have the default "mine" key be bound to show your intenral items rather than drop a nonexistant mine. ;)

Allright... I know it seems a bit much at the moment, but, consider this;

You mine some minerals which you can use to smith objects or complete a quest, but as actual physical items they have no purpose (ie; cannot be mounted or used to attack or defend with) and therefore this would allow for more moutntable items to be present in the game like weapons, armors, orbs, boots, etc...

More later... have to work!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2003 05:03 pm CDT »
This idea was stolen from y0shi..

The only way to truly get rid of the item limit is through client-side coding.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2003 08:49 pm CDT »
Deus's system works, I just haven't got everything together yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 2, 2003 01:42 am CDT »
Whatever Ozzy :p  You make it look like I'm some kind of crook!

Anyway... I never saw or played anything yoshi did mod wise, and the TVT was a confirmation in my mind that such a thing could be done.  If anything, I had the same idea at a much later date due to my slowed down approach to solving tribes/trpg problems. ;)

As far as client side scripting, the TVT mod that I saw required none to have the stored "invisible" item system.

Basically, it would treat each one of these numbered internal "items" as the "coins" item it treated.  Since I don't where that code is or what exactly to change, I have't even bothered trying anything, but I figured I post it rather than lock it away.

As I said.. it's like a temporary solution.  I would think it would be just fine to do with objects that aren't actually needed to be seen, like coins.

Putting these items in packs wouldn't be too hard either I imagine... just have the dropped packs of bots #addinvitem coal 3, or whatever.

Adios!

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 2, 2003 01:45 am CDT »
Here's a better synonym;

Ore from OldWorld type system. :-)

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 2, 2003 05:14 am CDT »
I know what you're talking about.. It is a storedata instead of an itemdata. That isn't going to happen on this server.  

I'm not calling you a crook, I'm calling trident a crook. A good percentage of things in tvt were stolen from unique.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"