Author Topic: I WANT A CASTLE PLZ  (Read 8154 times)

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
Re: I WANT A CASTLE PLZ
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2002 03:21 pm CST »
LOFL, I need to malarkey the fork up cause im so dum.  Hawk, you are really stoopid  :P

Im not going to play this week because my computer that I am using right now is malarkey (PII 350mhz, 64 mb ram, 32 mb ati vid, ADSL).  So Im gonna wait till I go back to my grandparents or see if my yokel parents buy me a new computer.

Im wondering something, if they buy something with integrated graphics, such as an Intel vid card, will it usually contain an AGP slot so I can upgrade it to a GeForce4 ti4400?  My yokel parents think that buying a certain brand (Dell) shows the quality of the PC.  So far my attemps to prove to them that Alienware makes the best PC's has been a failiure.  Guess Im going to be stuck with a Dell with integrated graphics.

Oh, and by the way Hawk, that was a run-on sentence  :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Jason_Xero

• Uber Menace
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2002 04:19 pm CST »
DUDE! Yer gettin a Dell!

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jason_Xero »
Gotta love SBC with their 6Mbps tier for 45$
(Yes, on their site it only shows 3Mbps, but it is actually 6Mbps, I would know :)).

Shorty

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #17 on: December 1, 2002 03:20 pm CST »
ROFL
funny malarkey in this post
makes me want a castle :-(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Shorty »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #18 on: December 1, 2002 06:10 pm CST »
Hotels would be neat.  There's a neat castle prefab already for PCRPG v4.  It's actually a floating one at that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Pecker

• Server Mommy
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #19 on: December 1, 2002 06:31 pm CST »
Hotels would be cool, but we must put a no Crash sign on the hotel. Don't want another unfortunate mishap like we had in an earlier thread. lol  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Pecker »

Khorne

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #20 on: December 2, 2002 08:48 am CST »
1st off castles/hotels/and hired bots. VERY VERY good ideas!!!! But i think giveing hawk one.... BAD IDEA its gonna go to his head and we will never hear the end of it!!!!! lol i know this may be a bit over the top! but you know the diffrent houses you can join? what about each one haveing a castle. then each member of the house gets a part to make and design as their own? so you could have the seige type situation. where the occuptens defend the caste and the other houses attack/cast spells/ fly in. Like medivel times. Hell what about on top of that makeing 5 elite bot guards for each castle and they are equiped with the eq you give them? not to strong about as strong as a rl 2 but just to have guards? like once they are gone they are gone? that would be awsome. And if the castles could have possibley a working draw bridge and a moat? lol and abouve the draw bridge say the house it represents ex. House Temmian.

Just some breif ideas from Khrone at school and bored   ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Khorne »
When two remain, so does the war, one must fall for there to be a reckoning.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #21 on: December 2, 2002 05:21 pm CST »
Working drawbridge?  heh

I'll leave that to somebody else!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #22 on: December 2, 2002 05:42 pm CST »
I know, how about an elite community. One that only lets in players that are quite experienced (*ahem* and can pay the hefty rent). I the community, each citizen is allowed a house, where he may order special things in it by requesting it. Each member will be given a house according to his/her current budget. Monthly Particle can come from door to door collecting rent. Those who do not pay rent get evicted. Using this the server can develop a simple economy where experienced players can put their money stockpiles to work.

Some add-ins for the house could be like personal goblin trainers, alarm systems (that keep unwanted citizens out, allowing you to use commands to invite a friend into his/her house), and perhaps other goodies such as art sculptures, rugs, etc. All by requesting it from the admin, or, if programmed in, from the server itself!

And how about a tax system? An income tax I say! Like maybe a 15% tax to start out with. Those who do not pay their taxes can be sent to a slave mine camp where they can work off their debt.

Wow, Im just bursting with ideas tonight. If I had more time, I would make a 3 page idea report.

Thanx for readin!

*edit*  o and btw, if youd like me to express more ideas, please just ask away!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Hack-N-Slash

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #23 on: December 3, 2002 07:23 am CST »
I demand a harem at this moment, failure to comply will result in a forum flooding of "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!" and insults with enough gramatical errors to turn an english teacher to solid stone  ::) wait... hawk already did that a number of times before  ;D  :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hack-N-Slash »
[size=200]I am a fat, wealthy, capitalist pig[/size]

Zieg_Feld

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #24 on: December 3, 2002 08:32 am CST »
wow. that community sounds fun  :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Zieg_Feld »

Khorne

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #25 on: December 3, 2002 08:34 am CST »
Well yeah your correct particle i think the working draw bridge is a bit over the top. Just had some ideas. *thinks to self even more*. I think to damn much its just not healthy >;[

Khorne

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #26 on: December 3, 2002 08:35 am CST »
Oh you know what would be fun if we had castle seige type situations. CATAPULTS!!! lol sit down in the cup of it. Have a person pull the leaver and go flying into the castles lol!  ;D

Zieg_Feld

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #27 on: December 3, 2002 08:39 am CST »
heh, that would be fun :o :)

btw, i wonder if we are gonna be able to set mines as traps in pcrpg4?

Khorne

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #28 on: December 3, 2002 08:46 am CST »
Hey thats a good idea. You could take the Indiania(most likely spelled wrong) Jones Movie theme. Ah what was it! Raiders of the lost arch! Where he went into the cave and the pressure traps. If you steped on one it sent out arrows across the room. A theif could make this a skill like in a hall lets say.

________________________|  |_______
__________________________________|
     ^  ^  ^  ^  ^
Ok the pic is the hall as you can see. The ^ are arrow traps. The idea is if you step on a pressure pad or lets say set off a trigger. They fire across the room. The catch is they are only in that area for a set time lets say 30sec per 10 sp in the skill or so. If the owner of the trap leaves the server the trap leaves to. Just another idea i seem to be thinking alot more than normal today. I have no idea why! Damn this infernal brain of myn allways thinking!

Hi! everyone!
and most of all
Hey mom! aka Pecker!

Zieg_Feld

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #29 on: December 3, 2002 08:49 am CST »
actually, I was thinking of just being able to set mines as thieves :P (the idea of someone exploding in the air caught my attention...). But that's a good idea too!