Author Topic: Tribes Vengance !  (Read 9672 times)

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2004 04:23 pm CST »
Quote from: "Saleen"
you have a way with false generalization and self proclamation that i have never seen before!

I've seen it before. It's called 'truth'. Tribes has a charm and a feel that you don't get by playing around on n00bfarms like Valhalla (as suggested earlier). It's an indescribable element that sets it apart from all other games. Tribes is the only multiplayer FPS that I've been able to stand for more than ten minutes, and I don't think I nor anyone else can explain why.

It's the x-factor that makes Tribes so amazing. Is it 'skiing'? The required skill of the weapons? The community? The super-fast paced chases with multiple rounds of explosive flechettes flying past your head and teammates on the ground spamming the 'ready' sound? What is it? No one really knows.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Silvanoshei »

The DoDoDo.

Your opinion is worthless unless you can support it.
We are not responsible for your stupidity.
I don't take sides. I take action.

Currently Playing:  Warcraft III [PC]

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2004 05:53 pm CST »
Skiing is when you jump while running down a slope and jetting at the proper time causing you to reach super speeds..

Something that can't be done in T2.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Saleen

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2004 07:17 pm CST »
Quote from: "Silvanoshei"
you have a way with false generalization and self proclamation that i have never seen before!
I've seen it before. It's called 'truth'. Tribes has a charm and a feel that you don't get by playing around on n00bfarms like Valhalla (as suggested earlier). It's an indescribable element that sets it apart from all other games. Tribes is the only multiplayer FPS that I've been able to stand for more than ten minutes, and I don't think I nor anyone else can explain why.

It's the x-factor that makes Tribes so amazing. Is it 'skiing'? The required skill of the weapons? The community? The super-fast paced chases with multiple rounds of explosive flechettes flying past your head and teammates on the ground spamming the 'ready' sound? What is it? No one really knows.

you dont understand what i was saying.

i was merely making it clear (thought i was at least) that you arent the only one, but you speak about it like you and maybe undergod are the only ones  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Saleen »

Quaduce

• b4nz0r3d!!!
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2004 07:44 pm CST »
Saleen iv been here long enuff to generalize the trpg community however i want. In my time being here i have found similaritys that all trpg players seem to share, and base competition isnt one of them.

And about skiing, if you dunno how to ski, your pretty much dog meat on tribes. If you dont already have it get something like jump.cs.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Quaduce »
My cock is rated E for everyone.

neil

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.google.com
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2004 07:49 pm CST »
MY GOD I WANT TRIBES VENJANCE!!! THE GRAPHICS ARE GODLY!!!!
reminds me of halo =P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by neil »

Saleen

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2004 10:13 pm CST »
Quote from: "Quaduce"
Saleen iv been here long enuff to generalize the trpg community however i want. In my time being here i have found similaritys that all trpg players seem to share, and base competition isnt one of them.

And about skiing, if you dunno how to ski, your pretty much dog meat on tribes. If you dont already have it get something like jump.cs.

im willing to bet i could beat you in base duel, or ctf.  you can generalize all you want but just because you have been here longer doesnt mean youre right about everything

Quaduce

• b4nz0r3d!!!
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2004 11:15 pm CST »
Sure sure

Dont get all disgruntled on me. By saying im not right, your saying im wrong, and, i never am.

I have maybe opened tribes a handfull of times in the past year and a half and i dont need to prove myself to you anyway, who are you again?

In not only a better tribes player than you.

Im a better person.

:roll:  :roll:

Saleen

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2004 11:33 pm CST »
are you kidding me?  :o

you just proved yourself to be egotistical and self-centered without me even having to say it...

you can talk about how your a better player all you want, but you are afraid you cant prove it, which is why you wont even try.  only shows how weak you really are..

Quaduce

• b4nz0r3d!!!
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2004 12:01 am CST »
I try  :roll:

You are calling me out of retirement for well over a year to come "fight" you on tribes? Your calling me weak? Thats just pathetic. I played my game back in the day when being good accualy mattered, i need not to prove myself to some nameless person over the internet on a game i dont even play anymore. If this was 2-3 years ago (when i accualy played) it would be a diff story. No one good plays anymore thus there is nothing left to prove.

Saleen

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2004 12:25 am CST »
honestly i could care less if you came to "fight" me on tribes..  that doesn't matter to me either.  there are still people who play tribes who were twice as good as you in your prime..  just because you left doesnt mean tribes died.  all the best players stayed and the mediocre ones left.

i dont play anything other than trpg, and i rarely play that..

im calling you weak for 2 reasons:

for 1, you sit there and talk about tribes like it was your pride and joy yet you get annoyed when someone asks you to duel them..  thats may not be weak, but its un-needed banter.  you could have just said no thanks..

for 2, you flat out said you were a better person than i am.  there you go with your generalizations again..  you dont even know me, yet your a better person than me?  please..  you sound like a child trying to act like an adult.  drop the "im better than the world" attitude and then talk to me..

Quaduce

• b4nz0r3d!!!
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2004 01:58 am CST »
all the best players stayed and the mediocre ones left.

Ahhh thats the funniest thing i read all day, ill have to post this on TW i think hahaha....

Sad fact, all the best players left, i guess you never heard the experession "nothing left to prove" Most of the greatest tribes clans that existed retired with that very statement. Im sure [IE], |5150|, S3, i$, [TTM], =V=... hell even -w- (wolfpack) dont ring a bell to you do they? These were truely some of the greatest clans in history. If you check their roasters, youll notice, that the majority of them quit even before i did.

Everyone that plays now, either just plays for fun, or are just a buncha wannabes. There is no comparison, tribes today is a pathetic shamble of what it once was in its prime 3 years ago. I remember when there were well over 100 clans on TWL 10-10 CTF ladder, back then being top 10 ment something, now, being #1 dosnt even mean anything.

Oh btw, learn to take a joke...only said it to get your pantys in a twist, aperently it worked  :?

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2004 02:16 am CST »
Gameplay is what makes games better than others. Its what makes people perfer quake 3 over ut2k3. Has nothing to do with gfx, stability, ect ect.

Anyway... I would say that stability has a lot to do with gameplay.  Some bugs enhance gameplay where other bugs make game play tedious.

T1 has something no other game has and its hard to explain it. I dont believe you really played tribes till you have played and competed with the very best tribes players to play the game. And i doubt anyone here has really done that besides me, but i think sil and undergod might know what i mean...

God damn!  You are so full of yourself!  Get down off of it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2004 02:32 am CST »
You are calling me out of retirement for well over a year to come "fight" you on tribes? Your calling me weak? Thats just pathetic. I played my game back in the day when being good accualy mattered, i need not to prove myself to some nameless person over the internet on a game i dont even play anymore. If this was 2-3 years ago (when i accualy played) it would be a diff story. No one good plays anymore thus there is nothing left to prove.

Ye told people to use jump.cs!

Before that forking thing came out I could out ski anyone in any armor.... now it's just sorry how much I cannot keep up with some damn script kiddie bullmalarkey.  Went from Capper to spamming offense in less than a week thanks to the treasured "jump.cs" and defense setting packs!

I played back when being good actually mattered.  I used to have high scores in any base or ren classic server I played in.  I used to cap like a mofo.  I got in to a top 10 renClassic clan when there were more than 120 renclassic teams on the ladder and when tribes was less than 2 years old.  I got in to that clan in my second week of playing tribes!  After jump.cs wiped out my capping job I switched to defense setting and was a master at that (either base or ren classic) as I was able to make up stuff quicker than anyone else.   BAMMOOO, an other script for all the kiddies comes out!  The drop-pack, the poop-pack, the watever-the-hell-pack.  I lose my defense job and become the lowly Offense spammer because I refuse to use the scripts that clearly even the playing field and take away a lot of the speed and skill involved with game play.  I used to doo all this malarkey, right?

Don't you realise that it doesn't matter any more?  Why even mention the past if it means nothing any more?  Why mention you are "the best" if we have no way to verify that because just about none of us knew who you were back then?

Nobody knows who I am and near nobody knows who you are!

What is the point?

Should I dig up all the old clan members I used to be with back before jump.cs and droppacks were EveryWhere just to proove some bullmalarkey that no longer matters?

fork no!

Here:
Post that you found it charming in an extreem competition way.  Post that you were with some of the most compedative matches and the feelings they gave you were very unique and addictive.

Quit your forking unsavory woman-ass crying about how "the best" you were.  We don't want to hear your arrogant bullmalarkey any more!  End of story!

Oh... and I am NOT waiting for your "witty" retort so don't bother posting it as it won't be read!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

Quaduce

• b4nz0r3d!!!
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2004 03:04 am CST »
The past does matter. If it didnt (like you said it dosnt) then why are you talking about all this renclassic stuff? Was this a post to bash me or tell your tribes-life story i dunno...

Anyway, simply put, its hard for me to forget how tribes was back in its prime 3 years ago. couple years from now when i look back at tribes, i remember it as it was back then, not as it is now.

xkenshinx

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2004 08:53 am CST »
*sigh* I used to play competitively years ago.... in demo and full... personaly I prefered joining a duel tourney and having fun... than scriming so my clan can be the best... sigh... I don't see the point of it... it's not fun for me to keep playing the same stupid position over and over... which was of course LO or LD... I quickly learned how lame competitive play was... and just smurfed around. Plus all the drama that comes along with clans.. the better the clan.. the larger the ego's that inhabit the clan.

nobody pay attention to quad.. hes just a HO for christ sakes...

Saleen... sounds alot like LastWish.... hmmmm 0_O
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by xkenshinx »

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire." �Roland Deschain, of Gilead