Author Topic: Gravity and Fat People.  (Read 4974 times)

-eViL-

• Minotaur Rager
Gravity and Fat People.
« on: February 22, 2004 07:20 pm CST »
Newton said that every object in the universe has a gravitational force towards everything else.  So now lets apply that to the current life on Earth.

2 fat people are attracted not because of size, but because of gravity.  Every object has a gravitational pull on everything else, so naturally 2 "large" objects have large gravitational pulls towards each other.

the mystery of the world has been solved. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -eViL- »
There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction

Coal

• Gnoll Fighter
    • http://www.clanorb.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004 07:45 pm CST »
Well naturally earths gravity would over power our own. so really, we dont have gravity on earth, or not a sufficient size to attract another gravitational body. But space could be another question. I actually wanted to send nasa a e mail and ask them to do an expirement with a large iron ball and a much smaller ball to see if the smaller ball would rotate around the larger one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Coal »

Quaduce

• b4nz0r3d!!!
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004 08:04 pm CST »
Man this thread is more stupid and pointless than anything iv read on tw in the past week.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Quaduce »
My cock is rated E for everyone.

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004 08:07 pm CST »
Gravitational force is extremely weak. The earth has a mass of roughly 5974200000000000000000000kg. My mass is about 65-70 kg. The acceleration due to gravity on the earth's surface is 9.81m/s/s. Therefore, in an enclosed, external gravity-less area, any object would speed toward me at about 0.0000000000000000000000106734m/s/s. So, yes, if you had a vacuum with no gravity acting upon it (which cannot exist anyway), the small ball would orbit the larger one, however at a rate imperceptible to the human eye. That small number is my gravitational force; a small ball's would be much smaller.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Silvanoshei »

The DoDoDo.

Your opinion is worthless unless you can support it.
We are not responsible for your stupidity.
I don't take sides. I take action.

Currently Playing:  Warcraft III [PC]

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004 08:25 pm CST »
Hey, what if we had something extremely large, say somebody that was about 1/5 as big as the earth (dont ask, just a thought).  If that person jumped, when he landed, would the earth be knocked out of orbit?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Hack-N-Slash

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004 08:38 pm CST »
Quote from: "Darwin"
Hey, what if we had something extremely large, say somebody that was about 1/5 as big as the earth (dont ask, just a thought).  If that person jumped, when he landed, would the earth be knocked out of orbit?

To keep things short: No.

My proof? A fat retard at my school.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hack-N-Slash »
[size=200]I am a fat, wealthy, capitalist pig[/size]

-eViL-

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004 09:49 pm CST »
Quote from: "Silvanoshei"
Gravitational force is extremely weak. The earth has a mass of roughly 5974200000000000000000000kg. My mass is about 65-70 kg. The acceleration due to gravity on the earth's surface is 9.81m/s/s. Therefore, in an enclosed, external gravity-less area, any object would speed toward me at about 0.0000000000000000000000106734m/s/s. So, yes, if you had a vacuum with no gravity acting upon it (which cannot exist anyway), the small ball would orbit the larger one, however at a rate imperceptible to the human eye. That small number is my gravitational force; a small ball's would be much smaller.

yes, but over a long period of time it would be seen... maybe longer than you will be alive, but sure..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -eViL- »
There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004 10:45 pm CST »
Geektanic Wizmatch!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
Re: Gravity and Fat People.
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004 11:23 pm CST »
Quote from: "-eViL-"
Newton said that every object in the universe has a gravitational force towards everything else.  So now lets apply that to the current life on Earth.

2 fat people are attracted not because of size, but because of gravity.  Every object has a gravitational pull on everything else, so naturally 2 "large" objects have large gravitational pulls towards each other.

the mystery of the world has been solved. ;)

I don't know about that...

I would think that 2 fat people at about the same mass would move towards each other with more effort due to their similar size, where as a skinny person would gravitate toward a fat person quickly and easily with out the fat person moving towards the skinny person much at all...

Of course... you can allways fall back on what Frank Zappa (who was a thin man) said;
"The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'."
Which ruffly states that a large mass with attract all forms of mass due to it's more cushiony ability at love making.  That also makes sense as far as the theory of gravitation force that you presented because the cushion size roughly equates the mass size and thus increases the attraction.  We should note that two large cushions actually work against this theory as two larger cushions (though able to combine) actually usually creat to great of an independant field of energy and negate much of the attraction. They will still combine if left with just each other, but this is not as sensible as greater effort is needed for two large objects (or small objects) to combine than a large and a small (as one in the large-small case would be drawing the other quickly near as the other would be insatiably unable to draw itself away from the larger cushion mass.)

Also, take in to account that two skinny people also gravitate toward one an other as well at roughly the same speed as two fat people.  This is kind of a reluctant but agreed upon gravity as both have a gravitational force roughly equal to their cushion size (which will be much smaller) and if there are no other large people around then they are forced to combine, be it at a slow pace rather than near-instant (as in the case with large-small bodies combining.)  The large bodies faced with a similar problem at the two small bodies, would not find attraction apparent unless left to only each other.

Of course it can then be addressed that once in an attraction the skinny may indeed become larger or one of the skinny may become larger to cement the attraction with a larger cushion size.

Anyway... I think this explains the point it a rough kind of way.  Two large bodies will be attracted to one an other, but more reluctantly than a small and a large body.

Peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004 04:57 pm CST »
Two people with the same size mass would not collide into eachother unless there was a STRONG force that would push them together.

The gravitational field both objects would give off would repel and accept eachother at the same time thus causing them to orbit eachother.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004 12:01 am CST »
im only attracted to women...

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2004 12:14 am CST »
I am not sure if you are summarizing my theoretical statements, or refuting them... but I'll still respond on this cautious note in either case.

Quote from: "UnderGod"
Two people with the same size mass would not collide into eachother unless there was a STRONG force that would push them together.

The gravitational field both objects would give off would repel and accept eachother at the same time thus causing them to orbit eachother.

True, as I allready stated;
"We should note that two large cushions actually work against this theory as two larger cushions (though able to combine) actually usually create too great of an independant field of energy and negate much of the attraction."
...but I also explained the area of the later experiment in terms of "left to just one an other" to explain any possible attraction at all.

In the case of the latter conditions of "left to one an other" there would be no heat source to excite the bodies, and because of a lack of molecule excitement, there would be a lack of a energy field created due to the over all inactivity of the bodies internal energy field creation.

Gradually (from a heated state) the bodies would cool and in the process of cooling they would slowly move toward one an other, eventually visually combining due to the sheer lack of field activity to repel the two objects once allready set on a course to impact one an other.

Hopefully that better explained what I meant, any indeed you are correct, provided a heat source to retain an excited state.

So... if any thing we have proven that two excited fat people won't combine through gravity at all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2004 07:13 pm CST »
I didn't read your post..

I don't have enough patience to read long posts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2004 09:07 pm CST »
Geeks...

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)