Author Topic: new zone  (Read 15482 times)

eViL

• Uber Menace
Re: new zone
« Reply #30 on: November 5, 2002 05:47 am CST »
/me is liking inc's ideas =)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by eViL »
Quote from: "LastWish || NextWish"
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #31 on: November 5, 2002 07:34 am CST »
yea, its possible inc, you just have to create new teams, give some new names and it would be done, just have to spawn the bots
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #32 on: November 5, 2002 08:06 am CST »
that would make it harder inc, the map droppoints are team specific, so the beastman would spawn in the mines, it has to be a seperate team or else a lot of code is needed to make sure the beastman never spawns in the mine, so its just easier to make a new team with a few droppoints

Zieg_Feld

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #33 on: November 5, 2002 08:33 am CST »
how about adding some special bosses, like an orc slavemaster that spawns in the ogre room every 30 minutes, that would be cool..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Zieg_Feld »

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #34 on: November 5, 2002 08:38 am CST »
sure, inc does the easy part and screws me, figures

Coal

• Gnoll Fighter
    • http://www.clanorb.com
« Reply #35 on: November 5, 2002 09:45 am CST »
Evil if you want, i can bust down a new "pyramid" prefab with worldcraft, just to spice it up a little more. Hell ill go ahead and start on it because i have nothing beter to do :/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Coal »

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #36 on: November 5, 2002 10:29 am CST »
hmm, *needs to get out the zip drive*

Coal

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #37 on: November 5, 2002 10:50 am CST »
Heres a link to the temple prefab http://community.webshots.com/scripts/e ... ity=cKKTSd

i havnt added in all the texture but i was just seeing if the shape was ok. It has 3 floors, youll need WW to get form each one. Bottom floor will have the Aztec emperior *who will whoop up on some asses* middle floor will just have warriors and stuff. and top florr is just to get in.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #38 on: November 5, 2002 11:36 am CST »
hehe, this thread should be re-named the New TRPG Map

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #39 on: November 5, 2002 01:44 pm CST »
How about another new mine.  A HUGE mine, such as moria mines from The Fellowship of the Ring.  In it, there are many crystals to each room, where the gems from each crystal vary.  Also, the shape of each crystal varies.  One neat part about this, the value of each chrystal changes after each server reset, so that people will not know which rock gives the most payout.

Make it far underground, with large pitfalls.  Noobies who fall from the steep ramps that lead down into the mines meet threir doom.

Also, theives can spawn near your location as you mine to give you more trouble (some ppl AFK mine).  These theives will theif up to 50k in items and money, then #hide.

Im sorry eViL if im doing the easy part and leaving these up to you, I need to learn how to use worldcraft...  Even the serious sam editor confuses me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #40 on: November 5, 2002 01:47 pm CST »
Thanks Evil_INC for the support on the Future zone.  After all, in those old stories, dont you ever read about oracles who tell of the future and stuff?

YES!  You speak to and oracle and she tells you of a time of great war blah blah blah blah, and tp's you to the time if you wish her to.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #41 on: November 5, 2002 02:44 pm CST »
once again darwin, one post, not two, ONE, its called modify for a reason.

the zones wouldn't be hard to make, but stick with one time frame: past, present, or future.  Don't mix them.

Coal

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #42 on: November 5, 2002 02:50 pm CST »
Weeew! This map terrain is geting to be a pain in my arse. I sware.. I have worked on it for porbably a total of 5 hours, and i got the island and water way surrounding it done. and now im busy feathering the edges so they arnt all jaged, and i sware, every 20 edge i feather, tribes crashes.. grrr man.. grrr. But as for progress. If things keep going like they are, ill be done within a month.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #43 on: November 5, 2002 03:25 pm CST »
hey coal, want a tip, use the old tribes map editor on the new tribes, lol, if u can follow that.  the old map editor has a few less features but doesn't crash all too often, really nice to work with.

Coal

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #44 on: November 5, 2002 03:46 pm CST »
Old map editor? whats do you mean? im using the ingmae exec(editor) to do the terrain, or are you talking about the version of tribes? such has 1.11 and 1.10... herm.