Author Topic: *Needs Ideas* ???  (Read 2297 times)

eViL

• Uber Menace
*Needs Ideas* ???
« on: November 3, 2002 04:10 pm CST »
*in need of ideas for scripts*

*in need of ideas for huds*

*in need of ideas*

*anything will work as long as its within limit*

:o :o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by eViL »
Quote from: "LastWish || NextWish"
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Re: *Needs Ideas* ???
« Reply #1 on: November 3, 2002 04:11 pm CST »
Perhaps you should explain in more depth you actually are talking about.  Most people reading this won't know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #2 on: November 3, 2002 04:18 pm CST »
ok, so you guys have most likely seen the deus huds, and know what exactly they can do, well, i can take scripting like that to another level.  anything you guys suggest that i write will get posted here for you guys to download, so its not like your not gettin anything back.

an example of a few of my *weirder* huds can be found at www28.brinkster.com/evilssite (at the bottom of the page where it says huds)
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Complex

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #3 on: November 3, 2002 04:48 pm CST »
i like that skill hud u got in the bottom left .... think u could send me that ?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Complex »

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #4 on: November 5, 2002 05:51 am CST »
well, if particle doesn't mind, i'll probably start posting all the huds somewhere *has to think what part of the forum to put them*.  but anyways, they will be there shortly, after i get done ripping them all done to what each one needs.

Wanderer

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #5 on: November 5, 2002 09:40 am CST »
Got the coding itch, eh?  Ok, how about an 'intruder alarm' hud?

It would regularly scan the player zonelist for 'hostile' players:  members of other houses, mimics, or targeters.  Maybe there would also be a file where you could list names of 'personal enemies' that would always be tracked by this.  Optionally include bots in the list.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Wanderer »

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #6 on: November 5, 2002 10:26 am CST »
yea, i got the coding itch =P

lol, in order to make that hud work, i would need q to stick a minor add-in to rpgfetchdata into the server, so u have to talk to him about it

Wanderer

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #7 on: November 5, 2002 11:12 am CST »
/me tilts head slightly to the right and stares blankly.

Ruh?

Heh, it's not something I need (I don't have a PK problem, since I haven't joined a house), just tossing out ideas.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #8 on: November 5, 2002 11:43 am CST »
yea, but i am just saying, if you want to get the zone description of other players, u need to have a new section to rpgfetchdata in order for you to get their zone, as it stands right now, you can only get your zone description, not others.

Wanderer

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #9 on: November 5, 2002 11:50 am CST »
I wouldn't think that you would have to get the zonelist of the other players directly; you could do #zonelist, since you only care about who's in *your* zone.  I'm guessing that info would then have to be parsed out of the chat, which I hear isn't always the best for performance.

But again, I'm just talking out of my ass here.  :)

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #10 on: November 5, 2002 11:53 am CST »
well, thats an option, your not talking out your ass, but the fact is, that would spam your chat box heavily and if you don't have the tracking skill's, can't use it

Wanderer

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #11 on: November 5, 2002 12:00 pm CST »
I assumed there was a way to prevent messages from showing up in the chat hud... for example, when using DeusPack cast training, you don't see the "You are ready to cast" messages.  And yeah, Sense Heading would be required.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #12 on: November 5, 2002 12:08 pm CST »
/me thinks he could block it out, would have to try first.