Author Topic: Zed made stuff crashing tribes  (Read 2126 times)

Nittmo

• Goblin Pup
Zed made stuff crashing tribes
« on: July 16, 2004 10:22 pm CDT »
I created a Test.zed file, a simple cube just to make sure my building worked (to make sure I dont waste a lotta time modeling a building that becomes that doesnt work). I then converted it to .zvl, then from zvl to .div, next, from .div to .vol. I then registered the vol (registervolumes.cs) started up the editor in F3 I saw my building in list, when I seleceted to create it tribes shut down. Whats wrong? I know Im being a bit vague, whatever extra information you need just ask.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Nittmo »
-Nittmo

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004 01:03 am CDT »
Try again.  The tribes visual editor does crash a bit.

Also, make sure whatever .vol texture file you used is in the same directory that you are running your mod from.

Uhhhh.... what else... some times if you register it in the list it will crash if it's not set up with the right info.  I can't remember what info it needs though.

I wrote a(n) (incomplete) version of a FAQ that you can reach in my "WWW" link button or in my signature link.  It has some basic info and steps to creating objects with Zed successfully.  I got it to work this way just fine, but be warned that the tribes editor crashes so often that you should not expect anything to work the first time.

//I really need to put tribes on this machine so I can remember the locations of everything and be more complete in my answer...

Peace! :-)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff