Author Topic: Official Mass Clear Vote  (Read 63728 times)

LostRelic

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2004 05:54 pm CDT »
Yeah, some quests can get you a full remort, which is pretty insane if your trying to lower the ammount of remorts..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by LostRelic »

FloPPy_PiLLoW

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2004 05:54 pm CDT »
I vote yes.

1. Less people, Some might quit. Less people = less lag and less problems
2. It is alot more challenging when you don't have people to just give you money
3. Hope fully there won't be 1 person using 5,6 even 7 different characters
4. It might bring back some of the old people from before the clear =)
5. I will play hardcore again. *sigh* the good old playing 20 hours straight and getting 4 hours sleep.
6. Less complaints about mugging, mimic killing and all the other stuff with high lvls involved
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by FloPPy_PiLLoW »

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004 06:03 pm CDT »
If we got rid of the new EXP system, people would hit god much more quickly than this time around.  Even without the money..  and then when people DO hit god, it will take them no time to reach 1500.

Reverting to the old EXP system would negate the coin problem we have now..  people would be able to level just as fast.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by LastWish »

FloPPy_PiLLoW

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2004 06:08 pm CDT »
I like the New EXP system. It makes it all the more challenging.

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2004 06:21 pm CDT »
I voted yes

for all the reasons stated already. I would like to point out something LW said.

4. If a clear should happen, admins will be much more careful when giving quest prizes. This will also make quests easier and more applicable to all players, since there won't be such a huge RL difference.

The main problem with quests now is the fact that you cant make one the works for all levls. If you make a difficult one with good prizes all the newbies complain that it's too hard. And if you make a easy one with not so good prizes the high levels complain that it's too easy.

The main reason I dont do a quest everytime someone asks me is because every single time I do one I get tons of people telling me how bad it was or that they wanted more stuff. or they didnt get anything.  People seem to forget the meaning of quest. You know something you have to work for? To get the prize you need to work.

A clear would make it so that everyone was equal.  So we would all be starting out at the same place. and if there was a clear. I would play my character the right way.  Not giving it any admin help.  I've been wanting to play alongside everyone for a while. its boring being a god.  And I think that soon alot of gods are going to start thinking that way too. Ultimatly leading to them leaving.

I also think that god status should be pushed up to remort 200.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
Quote from: "Aphex"
<3 google

LastWish

• What's Yours?
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2004 06:26 pm CDT »
Yeah.. I'd play a legit character as well.  I would most likely only be using admin to make sure the server was running smoothly, and maybe a quest every now and then, but I wouldn't consider myself the questmaster.  I feel as though I might have over-done quest prizes a tad, but I won't make that mistake again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by LastWish »

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2004 06:33 pm CDT »
yeah that's how i feel  too. I never know if what im giving out is good enough. And the main problem is people telling me my prizes are crappy.
<3 google

GStricto

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2004 06:34 pm CDT »
I agree with the mass clear.  I'm getting tired of assholes like *cough*CaptainPlanet*cough* who all of the sudden get their character back with 17 or however many free remorts, then think they are the best thing since sliced bread.  (Don't argue, you know it was a really good idea.)

Everyone seems to find money and stealing such a problem.  As I have said before, LonkTheSane and I are working on the mod to fix stuff like that.  Our one problem was that we don't have a host.  The day I showed the mod to Part, he seemed to really like some of the changes.  If Part would host it, a clear would be required to set the stats the way they need to be for characters.  I know Aphex and GE have already seen some of what we have done, and they both seemed to really enjoy the new things/ideas.

That is just my 2 cents worth...

Oh, and I have a belly button.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GStricto »

Quote from: "Artorius"
Gnight.... Gstricto is obviously picking on you because he is a dirty racist.
So ironic that a heart made by man, when broken is easily fixed.   But a human hurt can last a lifetime.

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2004 06:37 pm CDT »
Quote from: "GStricto"
I agree with the mass clear.  I'm getting tired of assholes like *cough*CaptainPlanet*cough* who all of the sudden get their character back with 17 or however many free remorts, then think they are the best thing since sliced bread.  (Don't argue, you know it was a really good idea.)

Everyone seems to find money and stealing such a problem.  As I have said before, LonkTheSane and I are working on the mod to fix stuff like that.  Our one problem was that we don't have a host.  The day I showed the mod to Part, he seemed to really like some of the changes.  If Part would host it, a clear would be required to set the stats the way they need to be for characters.  I know Aphex and GE have already seen some of what we have done, and they both seemed to really enjoy the new things/ideas.

That is just my 2 cents worth...

Oh, and I have a belly button.

yeah your mod is nice. we could really use some changes like that around particles..
<3 google

Jim

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2004 06:39 pm CDT »
Way to go Ms.Potter
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jim »

Sinister

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.stormpages.com/snowmann69
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2004 06:46 pm CDT »
I voted yes.  No reason really.  My bots will work just as well at rl 0 174 as at rl 55 174.  They will just die easier.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sinister »

Jonah

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2004 06:50 pm CDT »
I voted yes for pretty much the same reasons Last said.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jonah »

xRazorex: How big is an average 13 year old penis size?

Jim

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2004 07:00 pm CDT »
I say....

Old Exp System, No more Money, No RP, and No forking Quests where u get 3248739 Lvls....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Jim »

FloPPy_PiLLoW

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2004 07:19 pm CDT »
You don't play Jonah. or do you?

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2004 07:22 pm CDT »
I vote yes. I haven't been in the server nearly as much as I used to be, but I feel my two cents are still worth something.... like two cents or so. A clear will never fix cheating. Ever. If anything it will require some responsiblity from the admins. You are gonna have to keep an eye on people and find out who in fact is the one starting all the cheating.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Crash »