Author Topic: Weapon Ideas for PCRPG 4.00  (Read 26578 times)

Talliun

• Goblin Pup
Weapon Ideas for PCRPG 4.00
« on: January 17, 2003 12:12 pm CST »
Greetings fellow members of the board,

Ãƒâ€šÃ‚    I just decided to mention that currently they're no pierce-smiting combos to my knowledge, and I most definitely think that there should be (perhaps for 4.00 then).

Ãƒâ€šÃ‚    I also hope that not all characters will all come down to using "slash" weapons as they currently do in PCRPG 4.00 (majority wise).  I think that all areas of weapons/spells (Pierce, Ranged, Bludgeon, Casting) should all have their equals in their "ultimate weapons" (mentioned later) and certain characters should follow their pre-set weapon track (Paladin = Bludgeon/Slashing, Ranger = Ranged/Pierce, Bard = Pierce etc.)[as in they is a greater bonus, so people don’t start using Slash, there is more reason to use other weapons]. There should also be an equal amount of craftable items in each category. [Crafting = Smithing]

Ãƒâ€šÃ‚    Here are some ideas for some of these weapons regarding each category (including old ones) - I believe there should also be 1-2 low level craftables for new players (so they have some sense of achievement early on, as far as crafting goes) and 1-2 higher end items, that may or may not be familiar. These general ideas could be applied to any weapons or types, as they are just guidelines for possible development.

Please Note: There is some visual bug and it makes apostrophes displayed as some random text "junk" so instead of seeing Anchet's Sword you will see Anchets Sword

Slashing
Stonetooth (Broad Sword) (some low end sword that can be crafted with 200 coins, some low level gemstones [Granite, Opal etc. or any new PCRPG 4.00 gemstones])
Ethrens Guardian (BattleAxe) (some medium level battleaxe that can be crafted with 4K coins and some medium level gemstones [Turquoise+ or any new PCRPG 4.00 gemstones]
Anchets Sword (Claymore) (use current idea for this higher end sword, but increase the rarity of items to craft this sword)
Keldrinite Long Sword (Long Sword) (use current idea, but perhaps increase rarity and damage; although emphasis speed over damage; as compared to the Mallet) [Should be considered Slashing's Ultimate Weapon]

Bludgeon
BoneClub (Club) (use current idea, but make a skeleton bone easier to get, and perhaps change the club to a spiked one) [Skeleton Bone and other low end gemstones or any new PCRPG 4.00 gemstones]
Bark of Ethren (Mace) (some medium level mace that can be crafted for around 4K coins and some medium level gemstones [Turquoise/Topaz+ or any new PCRPG 4.00 gemstones]
Staff of Justice (Long Staff) (use current idea for this higher end bludgeon weapon, but increase the rarity once again)
__??___s Bane (perhaps a name of highest end monster or even Particle for a joke; or instead scrap the Bane idea and use this..) Hemlacs Mallet, Thorins Mallet or Azure Mallet (War Hammer or Maul) (High end rarity and should be considered equal in similarity to KLS, except for speed differences and whichever) [Should be considered Bludgeons Ultimate Weapon]

Pierce
Apprentices Shard (Dagger) (some low end dagger that can be crafted for 200 coins and some low level gemstones [Granite, Jade etc. or any new PCRPG 4.00 gemstones]
Elven Sorrow or Elven Protector (Gladius) (some medium level gladius that can be crafted around 4K coins and some medium level gemstones [Topaz+ or any new PCRPG 4.00 gemstones]Dragons Wing (Rapier) (some high end sword that would use rubies and dragon scales most likely; rare items for crafting or any new PCRPG 4.00 gemstones]
Gonlors Arm or Bronze Hawk (Awl Pike) (High end rarity and should be considered equal in similarity to the KLS and Mallet except for speed and such) [Should be considered Pierces Ultimate Weapon]

Ranged
HawkEye (Sling or Short Bow) (low-level ranged weapon that can be crafted for 200 coins and some low end gemstones [Granite, Quartz or any new PCRPG 4.00 gemstones]
Nevims Aim (Light Crossbow) (medium level ranged weapons requiring medium level gemstones (Topaz, Ruby etc. or any new PCRPG 4.00 gemstones]
Aeoluss Wing (Composite Bow) (keep the same idea as current, increase rarity and damage factors)
Sky Fall (Heavy Crossbow) (High end rarity and should be considered equal in similarity to the KLS and Mallet except for speed and such) [Should be considered the Ranged Ultimate Weapon]

Ãƒâ€šÃ‚    Bludgeon and Pierce Ultimates should be more damage, slow attack speed whereas Ranged and Slashing should be fast attack speed, less damage (but still significantly high)

Ãƒâ€šÃ‚    Well these are just some ideas, and I am sure you might have already decided on some new weapons; and this might be considered useless now. But I thought I would just suggest some new ideas, incase you guys would like some.

Ãƒâ€šÃ‚    As well as having these (new) [Doesnt let me do quotes either] weapons and ideas we would need new skins for the weapons (although this takes time, a skinner and patience: something that we might altogether lack). As its always nice to tell when your fighting that your Anchets is different then someones BroadSword or Claymore; that sense of a rare item, and of course its overall, appealing. I think that the Halberd should also get a new model, and if not should be using the Battle Axe model, not the Broad Sword. Claymore definitely needs a new model, as mentioned elsewhere. It needs a long, thin blade; very slender but with a look of heaviness and power. All Elven blades when done should have a similarity to the KLS, in design, and of course should be light.  

Ãƒâ€šÃ‚    Id just like to thank you Particle for all the work on PCRPG 4.00 and all the other stuff you have been doing for a long time, I know everyone appreciates it to I am quite sure. I for one am greatly looking forward to this new mod of RPG, as it looks very promising.

Ãƒâ€šÃ‚    If you need any help for weapon ideas or sketches please let me know, as I can probably come up with some ideas for the craftable items or any current weapons that need a design for a skinner to follow.

There shall be more ideas to come soon,

Thanks for reading,

Signed,

Talliun
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Talliun »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
Re: Weapon Ideas for PCRPG 4.00
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003 08:50 pm CST »
I think that when a new person comes onto the server, he not only gets his pickaxe, but he also starts out with a weapon and the stats to use it that is suited to his characters speciality.

Example:  
Thief-  peircing - knife/dagger
Fighter- slashing - broad sword

I just think this would be a good idea since most n00bs never know what weapon they should use.  I mean, when I was a n00b as a fighter, I was using bludgeon, and I sucked at it too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003 07:52 pm CST »
Please don't mention new items..

And Darwin, any origional TRPG player would call you a newbie and say that is giving them too much..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Anonymous

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003 02:52 pm CST »
Im suceeding Funger.  Im an old newbie.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Anonymous »

Zieg_Feld

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2003 08:13 am CST »
Why would piercing be slow and slashing fast? I think it should be the other way around.
Anyway, isn't KLS already hard to get, seeing as you need a very high mining skill to mine Keldrinite?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Zieg_Feld »

Khorne

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2003 08:48 am CST »
True. And why no new weapons Ozzy? A sythe would be a pretty cool slashing type weapon :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Khorne »
When two remain, so does the war, one must fall for there to be a reckoning.

BlAcK-IcE

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2003 02:19 am CST »
New weapons would be great. I dont see why not. Ozzy do you even take time to read what people have to write.. Because think about the weapons now that are crappy. Compared to those cool names Tallium came up with. I know its hard work but still would be worth it. :!:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by BlAcK-IcE »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2003 04:59 pm CST »
A scythe/staff is supposed to be a druids main weapon.  I would love to see some new weapon ideas.

Also, I just came up with this, how about diseases/plagues?  
Doing so would be like casting a spell, and would call for some alchemy skill.  The process of diseasing a player would be slow, up to about 30 seconds to a minute, and the disease would do things such as slow down the player, cause damage, lessen his attack, etc.  The only way to cure the diseases/blights could be for a trip the the apothecary, where you can buy the right materials to make you well again.

Once you get the right materials, u can either manufacture the cure yourself or pay the apothesist (or whatever) to brew up the concoction for you, such as a smith would do.

Pecker

• Server Mommy
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2003 05:11 pm CST »
Could make the damage kinda like drowning, but not get to -100 as fast as drowning will do. Sounds like a cool idea to me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Pecker »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2003 05:39 pm CST »
Yeah, and by this simple math im doing in my head, it doesnt seem like it could be that hard.  A special blight could lower the velocity at which you can travel, cause damage similar to drowning, slow the rate at which you swing/shoot, and perhaps effect your aim.

And maybe, with effect tweaking, affect the players vision (i would like to see a fisheye affect spell, that would be cool!)

BlAcK-IcE

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2003 08:48 pm CST »
Wow Darwin those are some great ideas, I really hope they can do that..

Kinda like a Necromancer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by BlAcK-IcE »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2003 06:24 pm CST »
Yes, I would REALLY like to see the player to have the ability to raise skeletons from the dead and have them fight for you.

New enemies I'd like to suggest:

Vampire:  Needs a castle (type) building stucture, lots of coffins.
Golem:  Found in another mine/dungeon; strength similar to minotaur
Ghost:  Found in vampire zone; has transparent affects; slightly weaker than vampire

Thats all I can think of now.

eViL

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2003 11:37 pm CST »
Quote from: "Darwin"
Yeah, and by this simple math im doing in my head, it doesnt seem like it could be that hard.  A special blight could lower the velocity at which you can travel, cause damage similar to drowning, slow the rate at which you swing/shoot, and perhaps effect your aim.

And maybe, with effect tweaking, affect the players vision (i would like to see a fisheye affect spell, that would be cool!)

dude, back off the client side malarkey, my god, your going to load someone's config folder down before you even get done with your ideas.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by eViL »
Quote from: "LastWish || NextWish"
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2003 07:31 am CST »
Black, do you have anything between your ears?

How many times have I said it..

NO NEW ITEMS
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2003 09:18 am CST »
Oh come on, play nice(er).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.