Author Topic: Server's Player count  (Read 16059 times)

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
Server's Player count
« on: January 3, 2003 11:22 pm CST »
I'm really glad to see how the server has flourished over the week, having over 20 players on the server at the time, though it is crowded.

Now, when I refreshed my server list, I noticed DT's RPG server, which held a maximum of 64 PLAYERS.  I remember eViL commenting on how he created a server with over 120 players, and I wondered how this is possible.  Is it just a simple variation in tribes coding?  And why doesnt this server do it?  Last summer the server actually filled up to 30 players a few times, and I was left in the cold (ohh, and it was soo cold) for an hour or so.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
Re: Server's Player count
« Reply #1 on: January 4, 2003 06:27 am CST »
We don't have enough resources to raise it to that limit..

It is easy to get a 120 player limit, but in TRPG, the computer would be gasping for freedom with 32 players...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2003 02:31 pm CST »
What are you talking about?  TRPG has problems with 5 people =P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Pecker

• Server Mommy
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2003 03:20 pm CST »
We need 2 tdens, maybe next door to each other. lol That is the HARDEST place to lvl cause around lvl 30 to 50 your stuck there....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Pecker »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #4 on: January 4, 2003 03:57 pm CST »
Well, maybe not an exact copy of the tden, but a dungeon with bots of the same level and attributes so we dont get jammed into one Tden with one experienced player and 3-4 n00bs, which happens often.  Hmm, vampires?

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #5 on: January 4, 2003 06:31 pm CST »
Or maybe Mongolian Bowx Wrestlers.

Example:  "Grr!  I'm a Mongolian Bowx Wrestler and I weigh 350lbs! ...and it's all hate."
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Pecker

• Server Mommy
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #6 on: January 4, 2003 09:01 pm CST »
lol

• Gnoll Fighter
missed me
« Reply #7 on: January 7, 2003 10:27 am CST »
what`s been going on ::)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 7 »

Khorne

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #8 on: January 8, 2003 02:50 am CST »
Have one tden for the remorts and one for the non-remorts. Make it like uber where you have to be rl 1 that way the remorted people can level in peace ^_^
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Khorne »
When two remain, so does the war, one must fall for there to be a reckoning.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #9 on: January 8, 2003 03:01 am CST »
Or maybe Mongolian Bowx Wrestlers.

NO NO NO! Not Mongolian Bowx Wrestlers!  Mongorian Bowx Wrestlers!

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #10 on: January 8, 2003 04:32 pm CST »
Mongolia is a country, Darwin.  Mongoria isn't.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2003 05:45 pm CST »
We need 2 tdens, maybe next door to each other. lol That is the HARDEST place to lvl cause around lvl 30 to 50 your stuck there....

thats not true, with me around everyone that wanted to just went to uber with me and used me as the shield =D, lol, that was fun.

and particle, i told u how many times, fix GetAccessoryList(); and the server won't be gasping for freedom with 5 players, that function is the base of all lag in the mod, fix it, fix the lag.  and if u dont believe its the base, as the first line of the function, put in echo("GetAccessoryList(" @ %clientId @ ", " @ %type @ ", " @ %filter @ ")"); and watch the line fly by in the console.

edit: need more proof it lags, here.  inside weight.cs :
//Replaces the laggy AddPoints(%clientId, 8) in RefreshWeight (the real lag comes from GetAccessoryList however)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by eViL »
Quote from: "LastWish || NextWish"
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Pecker

• Server Mommy
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2003 07:32 pm CST »
Yes evil that was fun  :D I miss those days  :'(

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2003 07:45 pm CST »
a lot of people miss those days  :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by eViL »
Quote from: "LastWish || NextWish"
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Anonymous

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2003 06:55 pm CST »
Mongolia is a country, Darwin.  Mongoria isn't.

You obviously do not watch South Park.  Obtain a copy (not gonna explain how, too risky) of the episode called:  Child Abduction is Not Funny.  You'll thank me.  Opened my eyes to the true nature of the Mongorians.  

"No! No!  You know who was right all along?  The mongolians.  They knew that you cant just wall yourself from the outside world.  Putting walls up never helps anything.  Tearing them down brings us together."  --Randy Marsh

"OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"  -- everyone
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Anonymous »