Author Topic: Things i would love to see changed.  (Read 13886 times)

Gwarx

• Goblin Pup
Things i would love to see changed.
« on: January 3, 2003 02:06 pm CST »
My first character in TRPG was a mage, but after i played for a bit (to RL 8) i keep finding myself questioning everyclass. I mean seriously what is the point? after RL 10-20 they are all start to become more and more similar, at rl50 i couldn't imagine there even being a difference.

I would suggest to filter out skills, such as offensive magic for fighters/paladins ect. Basicly make every class more focused, instead of every class having everything at RL50.

Allow a mage (who are rare as it is) be a good friend to have with you to transport, and dish out some damage, infact do it for all the classes.

Clerics should be around to keep a group healed, sheild ect.
(or at least make people use potions. Since past RL0 i have not used a single potion)

Warriors would be more usefull in a party if they had some sort of inate taunt to attract npcs.(poor mages take a beating sometimes from sparatic npc agro)

Rangers... well going to buy arrows ALL the freaking time is just lame maybe allow infinit arrows, and give a type of arrow crafting skill. Allow then to learn poision arrows, exploding arrows ect.

This will make parties actualy viable for more than the 10-20 minutes unless you are the same RL and can gain the same xp.

I've been working with a few of these ideas on my test server however my scripting skill are usualy not sufficent enogh to make any dramatic changes. However i am learning =)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Gwarx »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
Re: Things i would love to see changed.
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2003 11:18 pm CST »
I really like the idea of having an NPC taunt system.  Oftentime when Im in Elven or Uber I must yell at a player to move away becasue the NPC suddenly turned on it.  

Also, I like the idea of character specialization.  But, if that came true, the no beam for darwin  :-/.

I like your ideas about a team oriented RPG, as that is what the game is all about, like TFC.  But unfortunately, nobody wants to really be a team player in TRPG.  I, for one, get most of the EXP when I arrive in Travellers Den and am surrounded by 3 n00bs (happened today).  If there was a way to share the exp evenly to all classes (I like ur cleric idea, but how would they get exp?) the system would be so complex that Particle's head would explode (I'm sorry, but I need a laugh).

Hmm, like working geomod technology into TRPG.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2003 06:31 am CST »
You people don't know whats comming for you.. just be patient..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2003 03:19 pm CST »
Kind of hard to.  Im shaking from excitement.  Or its just another caffeine rush.  Yup...  Its the caffeine.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

gwarx2

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2003 10:27 am CST »
Reply well xp should be shared evenly among group memembers given bonuses for how amny peole are in group, and by class. Clerics would automaticly get their share even if they didn't do anything but heal people. I did really mean give clerics xp dependent on how much they healed, that would requier a crap load of new code and crazy calculations. However shared xp evenly amongst group memebers wouldn't be all that complex.

Then again it would be nice to get bonus exp for dealing damage or healing too =)

Oh and darwin, fighters not having beam was more or less the whole point of this post :) it just sucks when a fighter can wack something for 200 damage then blast with for another 150-200 while a mage tosses a beam for 150-200 and pierces with a toothpick for 80 not to mention the fact that the mage may get a fatty resist. Eitherway mages (who are usualy considerd the heavier damage dealers in rpg games) can never keep up in damage vs any warrior slash useing slash + ocasting. hence they get less exp whenever in a party.
 :-/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by gwarx2 »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2003 02:31 pm CST »
Actually Warriors dish out the most damage...

Mages are viewed that way because of status spells
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Zieg_Feld

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #6 on: January 8, 2003 09:21 am CST »
I suggested a similar idea last year  :P
anyway, it is fun for a while to be all-powerful and cast beam and do tons of damage with a sword  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Zieg_Feld »