Author Topic: Pk  (Read 23823 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Re: Pk
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2002 11:36 am CST »
I decided not to use percentages for a couple reasons.  

One, you could never completely rid somebody's bank account that way.

It doesn't really prevent anything, as they can just #fine again to get to where they want.

A fine database that used percentages based on the fine would be great if people were honest and never use a fake fine.

What it all boils down to is the trust--there'll have to be some when it comes to the coins.  There's no way around it which leaves flexibility for all situations.  Trust me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Anonymous

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2002 12:17 pm CST »
Not if done correctly.. You are supposed to be able to trust your PKs in the first place.

You could easily enough limit on how someone is fined.

You could also record which Pks used what commadns and read them over..

There is plenty of ways, and yes you can directly take someone's entire account... You can also put them in the -.. I did it all the time with admin if they wanted ot buy soemthing and didn't have enough money.

The thing is that some people can make millions by the hour. You can also make it so a lien goes on their account.. where it takes so much when they deposit money.. I had this in m version of TRPG.. you had ot pay taxes on your money etc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Anonymous »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2002 01:06 pm CST »
If we trust them, then why not just give them the ability to specify an amount in the first place like it's already setup?
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2002 01:29 pm CST »
You were the one who wanted limitations..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Hack-N-Slash

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2002 02:15 am CST »
How about after killing so many people on team citizen that the damage you do to someone on team citizen is inflicted on yourself... the more you try the higher the multiplier for the damage
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hack-N-Slash »
[size=200]I am a fat, wealthy, capitalist pig[/size]

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2002 02:50 am CST »
How about after killing so many people on team citizen that the damage you do to someone on team citizen is inflicted on yourself... the more you try the higher the multiplier for the damage

Hmm... how very Quake of you.  I like that idea.

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2002 11:02 am CST »
Not really.. in all honesty.. people should be able to execute anyone they want as long as they arn't relation of the castle..

If you absolutly MUST do something like that, you would want to make it more RPGish like a mage casted a curse on you or something..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"