Author Topic: Idea for trading  (Read 21820 times)

Anonymous

• Goblin Pup
Idea for trading
« on: November 19, 2002 06:15 am CST »
I was playing Diablo 2 the other day and my pampered self thought, "Geez, trading in trpg sure is stinks...some people just aren't trust worthy!"(corny,eh?) Well, I thought hard for a moment (then farted) and came to a cool conclusion. A trade screen for tribes rpg!! Use the inventory screen as a start for the GUI,my idea is a little something that looks like this:

It seems geocities doesn't like remote linking of images, I'll put the image in the webalbum in a little bit

Amount is a text input field saying how many of the item you want to trade or take off the trade list.

The boxed xxxxx is the amount of coins you'll offer, xxxxx is the amount the person you're trading with offers

The two words confirm are a double confirmation check. so you can think over the trade before doing it or if an error was made.

I forgot to put a cancel button in there :P

Even something remotely like this would be awesome...

Extra features
  • Players are frozen during trade, they can't move or be moved
  • Immune to steal, pickpocket, and mug
  • Only can be done in town
  • Timer cancels trade after period of inactivity

budman types
#trade dudeman
dudeman gets:
Budman wants to trade, YES/NO?
dudeman types
YES
*trade screen pops up*

Ahhhh...so anyone want to expand upon this, I know nothing about scripting... we need a GUI nazi.

Hope this could be in 4.00 ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Anonymous »

Zieg_Feld

• Orc Thrasher
Re: Idea for trading
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002 08:14 am CST »
Hmm... sounds good, but I have no idea if you can do that with scripting...you probably can, though  :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Zieg_Feld »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002 11:44 am CST »
Yes, it can be done.  Quite a bit of work probably though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Hack-N-Slash

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002 04:01 pm CST »
You should be able to find it in the PCRPG album...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hack-N-Slash »
[size=200]I am a fat, wealthy, capitalist pig[/size]

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002 05:27 pm CST »
/me just walks off laughing at the stupidity of some people.

ha, thats about the simplest thing i have heard to code in a long time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by eViL »
Quote from: "LastWish || NextWish"
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Khorne

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2002 08:32 am CST »
HAHAHAHAHA the funnyest part is i know hack irl and he typed THAT IN CLASS ROFL god he cracks me up hes in the same class's as me.............  :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Khorne »
When two remain, so does the war, one must fall for there to be a reckoning.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2002 11:39 am CST »
eViL, then you obviously aren't thinking on the same plane as me!

I'm talking trading like AC2.  =)
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2002 01:12 pm CST »
particle, i am not here to think about other games, and nor did i ever say i was ever thinking of one game in general when i said that.  overall, that would be easy to code, its just how much can be automated by the server and how much interaction do the players need
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2002 02:54 pm CST »
Yes, it can be done.  Quite a bit of work probably though.

/me just walks off laughing at the stupidity of some people.

ha, thats about the simplest thing i have heard to code in a long time.

When you laugh at my "stupidity" when I am correct, then I get angry.  It WOULD be a lot of work for me, as I do other things and would want to make the damn thing as awesome as I possibly could.  When I make a statement, it's not exactly nice to contradict me when you don't know what I am thinking/referring to.

eViL

• Uber Menace
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2002 01:31 pm CST »
no particle, i just know how you think, it WOULD be damn easy and damn awsome when it gets done, it doesn't take a damn genuis to code this one and make it damn awsome

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2002 09:35 am CST »
Want to get started on the trade screen?  We'll need real icons for all the items, a new GUI that's transparent in the middle of the screen with buttons for accept and cancel.  Input fields below both player's trade items with a quantity bar.  We'll also need a "value-counter" field for each of the inv's.  Beyond that, we need a description area for all of the items.  Click one and it tells you what the item's stats are - yet another part of the GUI.  Now me, I don't know the first thing about GUI's.  I can make the trade code with little trouble, but making all of the graphic elements for the screens it something I just couldn't do without a lot of trouble.

Anonymous

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2002 06:20 pm CST »
Hrmm...

Anonymous

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2002 06:21 pm CST »
Not trying to imply anything, don't want to get mixed up in this, but I'll go ahead and make the code for you.  It seems like a good idea.

Anonymous

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2002 06:25 pm CST »
Ok, this forum doesn't like my browser :|

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2002 04:17 pm CST »
Perhaps the opposite?