Author Topic: Quotes Only.  (Read 5579 times)

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005 07:34 pm CST »
"nothing of me is original. i am the combined effort of everybody i've ever known."

" It's creepy, but here we are, the pilgrims, the crackpots of our time, trying to establish our own alternate reality. To build a world out of rocks and chaos. What it's going to be, I don't know. Even after all that rushing around, where we've ended up is the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. And maybe knowing isn't the point. Where we're standing right now, in the ruins in the dark, what we build could be anything."

chucky p.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
Quote from: "Aphex"
<3 google

DeadBreed

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005 07:55 pm CST »
Quote from: "GE"
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman:

"Tonight, you pukes will sleep with your rifles. You will give your rifle a girl's name, because this is the only pu**y you people are going to get. Your days of finger-banging ol' Mary Jane Rottencrotch through her pretty pink panties are over! You're married to this piece. This weapon of iron and wood. And you will be faithful! "

Full Metal Jacket

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy Jesus! What is that? What the fork is that? WHAT IS THAT, PRIVATE PYLE?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: A jelly doughnut?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, yes, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: How did it get here?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, I took it from the mess hall, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Is chow allowed in the barracks, Private Pyle?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, no, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are you allowed to eat jelly doughnuts, Private Pyle?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, no, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: And why not, Private Pyle?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, because I'm too heavy, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Because you are a disgusting fat body, Private Pyle!
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, yes, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Then why did you try to sneak a jelly doughnut in your foot locker, Private Pyle?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, because I was hungry, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Because you were hungry...
[turns and addresses rest of platoon]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Pyle has dishonored himself and dishonored his platoon. I have tried to help Private Pyle. I have failed. I have failed because YOU have not given Private Pyle the proper motivation! So, from now on, whenever Private Pyle forks up, I will not punish him! I will punish all of YOU! And the way I see it, ladies, you owe me for ONE JELLY DOUGHNUT! NOW, GET DOWN ON YOUR FACES!
[rest of recruits get in front-leaning-rest position, Hartman turns to Pyle]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Open your mouth!
[shoves jelly doughnut into PYLE's mouth]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by DeadBreed »
Agent556, out.

GStricto

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005 09:09 pm CST »
" It's creepy, but here we are, the pilgrims, the crackpots of our time, trying to establish our own alternate reality. To build a world out of rocks and chaos. What it's going to be, I don't know. Even after all that rushing around, where we've ended up is the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. And maybe knowing isn't the point. Where we're standing right now, in the ruins in the dark, what we build could be anything."
Ohhh... Choke is one of my favorite books of all time.  I wish I could find the quote in there where he says something like:
"We live in a society where we can never be enough, know enough, have enough, see enough, do enough, learn enough.  fork enough."
It's one of the best character turning points I have ever read, and I know I didn't get the list correct, but it should be close enough to spark your memory.  Please post it for me.  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GStricto »

Quote from: "Artorius"
Gnight.... Gstricto is obviously picking on you because he is a dirty racist.
So ironic that a heart made by man, when broken is easily fixed.   But a human hurt can last a lifetime.

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005 01:50 am CST »
Quote from: "GStricto"
Ohhh... Choke is one of my favorite books of all time.  I wish I could find the quote in there where he says something like:
"We live in a society where we can never be enough, know enough, have enough, see enough, do enough, learn enough.  f*** enough."
It's one of the best character turning points I have ever read, and I know I didn't get the list correct, but it should be close enough to spark your memory.  Please post it for me.  :D

i'll get back to you on the quote. i only own fight club, survivor and lullaby. Ive read all of them except for his new book of short stories. he is quit possibly the best author ive ever come accross. He has such a way with writting. His words make more sense than anything ive ever read. His writting style is so very different from everything. It really makes you think. And you actually have to take the time to think about what you're reading and then you can relate it to your own life. And if you read between the lines enough you can relate just about everything to your life.

“The answer is there is no answer.�

I think diary has got to be my favorite book. Have you read it?  And then invisable monster. They are making invisable monster into a movie soon. They were going to make survivor into a movie but after 911 they didnt think it would be a good idea to make a movie about hyjacking 747's.
<3 google

Twister997

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005 02:14 am CST »
"Help I'm being held prisoner in a Chinese bakery."

Fortune from a Fortune Cookie I got with breakfast on Father's Day in 2000.

yea, we had chinese food for breakfast...it was the only place open.....and i love chinese food....lol

ooo....i even got lucky numbers with it  :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Twister997 »

GStricto

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005 08:07 am CST »
I have read all of the books except the short stories.

I liked Choke the most, but the plot twist that 95% of the people reading Survivor will miss makes it one of the best storylines ever.  (Read chapter 1, read the last chapter, go back to chapter 1 and look at the list of items on the plane.)  If anyone has read this, and still doesn't know the twist, PM me and I will tell you.

So ironic that a heart made by man, when broken is easily fixed.   But a human hurt can last a lifetime.

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2005 10:37 am CST »
I have read all of the books except the short stories.

I liked Choke the most, but the plot twist that 95% of the people reading Survivor will miss makes it one of the best storylines ever.  (Read chapter 1, read the last chapter, go back to chapter 1 and look at the list of items on the plane.)  If anyone has read this, and still doesn't know the twist, PM me and I will tell you.

yeah it actually made me mad.

Quote from: "chuck"
   The end of Survivor isn't nearly so complicated. It's noted on page 7(8?) that a pile of valuable offerings has been left in the front of the passenger cabin. This pile includes a cassette recorder. Even before our hero starts to dictate his story -- during the few minutes he's supposed to be taking a piss -- he's actually in the bathroom dictating the last chapter into the cassette recorder. It's just ranting, nothing important plot-wise, and it can be interrupted at any point by the destruction of the plane. The minute the fourth engine flames out, he starts the cassette talking, then bails out, into Fertility's waiting arms (she's omniscient, you know). The rest of the book is just one machine whining and unsavory womaning to another machine. The crash will destroy the smaller recorder, but the surviving black box will make it appear that Tender is dead.
<3 google

Snails

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2005 01:37 pm CST »
Quote from: "Xanth"
Computers will never take the place of books. You can't stand on a floppy disk to reach a high shelf.
-- Sam Ewing

They've finally come up with the perfect office computer. If it makes a mistake, it blames another computer.
-- Milton Berle

My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.
-- Robert Paul

The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense.
-- Edsgar Dijkstra

Always be wary of the Software Engineer who carries a screwdriver.
-- Robert Paul
(That would be me, LOL) :<D

LMAO!  Best stuff right there.  Specially the last one.

Never forget the error may lie between the chair and keyboard.

If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?

Today is yesterday's tommorrow.

Measure twice, cut once.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Snails »

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2005 11:33 pm CST »
"We live in a society where we can never be enough, know enough, have enough, see enough, do enough, learn enough.  f*** enough."

"The slogan for America is 'Not Good Enough.' Nothing's ever fast enough. Nothing's big enough. We're never satisfied. We're always improving..."
<3 google

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2005 03:21 am CST »
Ken... those two at 2:22 on the 25th were priceless.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

Artorius

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2005 12:50 pm CST »
Thanks?

"On a scale from one to awesome, I'm super-great."
- Strong Bad

"Remember, always be yourself. Unless you suck."
 - Me?

"Oro?"
-Rurouni Kenshin

"Vini, Vici, Vidi."
- Julius Caesar
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Artorius »

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."

- Joseph Stalin

Sinister

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.stormpages.com/snowmann69
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005 03:26 pm CST »
Elven is a gay hangout for homosexual rpg players.

~Ghettobot~

Yolanda is where the admins get their freak on.

~Ghettobot~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sinister »

GStricto

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005 04:05 pm CST »
"Vini, Vici, Vidi."
- Julius Caesar

Just letting you know you switched the second and last words.  "I came, I saw, I conquered"  Vidi is the past perfect tense of video (the present form of "to see").

I still can't seem to find who the hell wrote Gladio Stricto to mean a penis instead of "the drawn sword" as it is translated litterally.  (It was a very common phrase among battle scenes in Roman works.)

Artorius

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2005 10:16 pm CST »
Blame the guy who I copied and pasted from. =/

"If I wanted you to see this directory, I'd have a link to the listing."

"Please mind your own business."

-Particle

Particle cracks me up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Artorius »

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."

- Joseph Stalin