Author Topic: DNIRC Client v1.0.50212.1024p Alpha Release Discussion  (Read 2014 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
DNIRC Client v1.0.50212.1024p Alpha Release Discussion
« on: February 14, 2005 03:40 pm CST »
For those of you who are familiar with this release, please discuss its features, what you would like to see in future builds, bugs, opinions, etc here.

This is the first alpha program release, codenamed "silvermonkey".

If you would like to join the alpha program, please email me at dnirc@pcrpg.org with:
Name (just first name is needed)
Nickname
A few sentences of how you think you can contribute
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005 03:42 pm CST »
Code: [Select]
v1.0.50212.1024p
[Initial Build]
- Structural operation is functional
  - Can connect to a network
  - Can maintain a connection
  - Can join a channel
  - Can message users of that channel
- Statistics are offline
- Channel listings kill connection
- User name lists are inoperative
- Bane of all existance errors

An upcoming release should prove to be nice.  I rewrote the program from the ground up and haven't yet experienced any "bane of all existance" errors yet.  It should have the following improvements and will likely be released tonight:
- Formal support for joining, parting, and listing channels
- Username list support
- Multichannel support
- Server console window message filtering
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.