Author Topic: DNIRC Client v1.0.50214.0833p Alpha Release Discussion  (Read 4537 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
DNIRC Client v1.0.50214.0833p Alpha Release Discussion
« on: February 14, 2005 08:45 pm CST »
For those of you who are familiar with this release, please discuss its features, what you would like to see in future builds, bugs, opinions, etc here.

This is the second major release of DNIRC, codenamed "goldenmonkey".

If you would like to join the alpha program, please email me at dnirc@pcrpg.org with:
Name (just first name is needed)
Nickname
A few sentences of how you think you can contribute

Code: [Select]
v1.0.50214.0833p
[Rewrite]
- Complete rewrite of DNIRC
- Main Menu is missing
- Can join up to 512 networks
- Can join up to 4096 channels
- Channel listing code fixed
- Username lists work but only half way
- No more Bane of all existance error
- JOIN and PART actions are automatic
- Handled messages are now filtered

The next task is to improve my channel creation methods and to fix the username list bug.  I will be adding slash commands as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Frantic

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005 08:59 pm CST »
I suggest you change the version name to something a bit longer, so no one gets confused.  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Frantic »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005 10:49 pm CST »
It's just a date:

v1.0.50214.0833p

v1.0
p

Version 1.0
Year 2005
Month 2
Day 14

Hour 8
Minute 33
Suffix PM
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Silvanoshei

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005 01:57 am CST »
Would it be inappropriate to laugh at your codenames?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Silvanoshei »

The DoDoDo.

Your opinion is worthless unless you can support it.
We are not responsible for your stupidity.
I don't take sides. I take action.

Currently Playing:  Warcraft III [PC]

BlAcK-IcE

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005 01:10 pm CST »
No. :laughs:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by BlAcK-IcE »

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005 03:16 am CST »
My only suggestion for the code name... is to not have the p on the end, instead use 24 hour time like the rest of the world.
;-)

I have not the time or patience for an IRC.  If I did then I would help you out man.

Peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005 06:48 pm CST »
The codenames are intentionally weird.  I have an odd sense of humor.  Why would I go to 24-hour time?  I'm happy with my inches, feet, yards, miles, and 12-hour times.  8)

GStricto

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005 07:43 pm CST »
Quote from: "Particle"
The codenames are intentionally weird.  I have an odd sense of humor.  Why would I go to 24-hour time?  I'm happy with my inches, feet, yards, miles, and 12-hour times.  8)
Damn... typical Ameri...  oh, wait...  I'm one of those.

Damn physics classes and their use of the metric system!
(BTW, 24-hour isn't a "standard", as opposed to metric, unit... it's military)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by GStricto »

Quote from: "Artorius"
Gnight.... Gstricto is obviously picking on you because he is a dirty racist.
So ironic that a heart made by man, when broken is easily fixed.   But a human hurt can last a lifetime.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005 07:11 am CST »
It isn't a different unit of measure but it is a different system of labeling.  It is perfectly acceptable to use it in the list that I did without suggesting that 24-hour based times are a different measure from 12-hour based times.  I was listing differences between the US system and other parts of the world.

Typical American?  Probably, but it's the truth.  I am perfectly happy with imperial measures and see no need to switch.  I do use metric measures for scientific calcs a lot of times though.