Author Topic: de_Aztec Steals the Show  (Read 1959 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
de_Aztec Steals the Show
« on: January 27, 2003 09:52 pm CST »
Straight From CS Nation

Aztec Conquers Dust
Famed mapper David Johnston (DaveJ) let us know that according to the statistics over at ServerSpy, de_aztec, created by barney (a.k.a. narby), has overthrown de_dust and de_dust2 as the most popular map of Counter-Strike, ending DaveJ's reign of several years.

What does this mean? Now everyone can whine about how much de_aztec is overplayed! Yay!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

eViL

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003 09:56 pm CST »
i hate that damn map, stupid lightning.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by eViL »
Quote from: "LastWish || NextWish"
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2003 10:30 pm CST »
Lightning is gone in the updated version.  It's much prettier as well, but I still prefer the old Aztec.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003 11:37 pm CST »
I prefer de_aztec over dust, though I have to play dust more because the aztec servers I see usually have bad pings or too few/too many players.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2003 12:37 am CST »
I like Aztec, Italy, Dust, Dust2, (all fy maps), and Siege best.

eViL

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2003 04:26 pm CST »
i still prefer 1337_assault, city_assault, dust, and militia
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2003 07:06 pm CST »
I think militia is great, but after it became popular there were too many sniper whores.  That tactic was truer half a year ago than today, however.

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
dust 2 rocks
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2003 07:33 pm CST »
dust 2 rocks....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

eViL

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2003 07:40 pm CST »
gah, screw the sniper whores, deagle your way through the sewer =)