Author Topic: Actual work being done!  (Read 4656 times)

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
Actual work being done!
« on: December 3, 2008 04:57 pm CST »
If you have any REAL ideas for server updates, please post them here. Try and be clear and completely describe what you mean by anything you have.

Weapon ideas, armor ideas, skill concepts and such.

I will be looking at this thread for anything I can't think of myself. I'm not the ultimate coder, but I have enough experience with C++ programming and Tribes++ coding to fully recreate a new arsenal of weapons and armor and bots with their drops. I also have enough experience with prefabbing to correctly implement fully working structures into the game. I used to do it for fun not actually for work. Now, a full 10 years after I started to dabble into this stuff I actually think I have enough spare time to devote a little time into the game. This kind of stuff used to keep me busy when I was afking in the NEWUBER we had in B&N...Yes new...It looks nothing like the current Uber, which is technically not RPG made...We have permission to use the prefabs made for B&N, but for some odd reason, we don't use them. I've gotten them to work in game...It's not difficult at all really. Unfortunate for me, I don't know where they are hosted and I don't have them backed up.

If you have anything to contribute, please do so. If you flame, I will have your post removed or have you banned from posting in this thread. =P

Edit: I'm on 64 bit vista home premium...I need running versions of the current tribes tools that will work on 64bit...

Jonathan

• Goblin Pup
Re: Actual work being done!
« Reply #1 on: December 3, 2008 07:37 pm CST »
One idea I can throw out there is to actually make the archery skill more usefull. Most of the zones are made for fighters and mages. One of the zones should have bots in the open (a valley) or standing on something with decent damaging bows that shoot at you if you are within say 200 feet. It would be nice to stand on the hilltops or whatever and shoot arrows back at them. If you actually got close enough to get a pack without getting killed by a barrage of arrows it should have something of value inside. On another note some new prefab boats would be pretty awesome. Or if you could re-skin the water so it doesn't have stretched out pictures of other skins on there.

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2008 08:49 pm CST »
I gotta wait till I get a 64bit vol extractor and compiler...And if possible a 64bit version of WC2.1 ...

The boats we have now are stupid...I agree. But we have another boat model already in the game. A much better looking boat model. We have animated water too. (Essentially giant force fields) I have attempted to use this water to replace the other water...It doesn't work as well as you'd think, but I have used it in conjunction with the other water...Creating a flooded valley is relatively easy.

borse

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #3 on: June 8, 2010 01:05 am CDT »
A few words: Buoyancy while in water (swimming). Is this possible?