Author Topic: Holy malarkey (Pun intended)  (Read 4072 times)

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
Holy malarkey (Pun intended)
« on: April 26, 2006 01:26 am CDT »
I don't exactly know how a lot of you would feel about this, but i was appalled.

Shirley Phelps Roper

Here's something that'll spark a controversial discussion :?

In my opinion, it's about the worst case of blind faith I have ever seen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006 11:33 am CDT »
That lady is nuts.  I like her continual dumbass smile.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Vi

• Undead Hero
  • Viral
    • Zack Ganous Level Design
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006 01:00 pm CDT »
Of all the silly malarkey people claim in the name of god...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Vi »
Level Designer - www.zackganous.com

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006 12:07 am CDT »
Shes from a hole in the wall church that is totally disconnected from all other baptist churches..  shes brainwashed into thinking that way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 12Stones »

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006 09:08 pm CDT »
That crap makes my blood boil. People like that are a waiste of Oxygen. She needs to be taken out and put out of everyone's misery.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006 12:15 am CDT »
I find it hard to get mad at her..  I mean, it's all relative.  Imagine that you were born in her place, and you were taught everything she was taught.  It really seems like she is just a product of her peers, which would be the hole in the wall baptist community in her area.  It even said in the interview that she was a member of a baptist church that wasn't recognized by any sort of baptist organization.  She could easily be brainwashed by her community, which i'm sure shares her exact same beliefs.  It's the same thing as religions that you would think are rediculous, although those people that belong to those 'rediculous' religions have never been shown any other way.

She gets put on a big corporate network interview, and all she gets is "you are retarded" and "you are the most foolish person iv'e ever had on this show"...  they are hardly even trying to philisophically argue with her..  all they are doing is insulting her intelligence.  She has been taught what she believes all her life, and for her to simply hear one person tell her differently is just not enough to change her thoughts..  what she believes has obviously been her entire life and that isn't something shes going to just forget.

It's foolish in itself to call her a fool when nobody here knows anything about how she was brought up or raised.  I'm not saying in any way that her beliefs are sound at all..  I think the total opposite, but putting her down isn't what should first come to mind.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006 01:11 am CDT »
That would be saying she was taught to not accept others for who they are...I would have thought that universal acceptance was a..well..universalized idea (whether or not people choose to accept it)

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006 02:18 am CDT »
Nevertheless, that community is an abombination to this country.  Grr.  Did I just quote Hannedy?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006 02:31 am CDT »
Quote from: "KoRo"
That would be saying she was taught to not accept others for who they are...I would have thought that universal acceptance was a..well..universalized idea (whether or not people choose to accept it)

You answered your own "I would have thought.."..

She WAS taught not to accept others for who they are..  well, more like not tought to accept others for who they are.  She was only tought that sinnners deserve hell, and she thinks that everyone is a sinner.  She has no idea that she is a sinner as well in that she is constantly judging others of their sins, and is totally oblivious to that because her entire community thinks the same way.  They all constantly judge people because of their sins, but she really thinks that she commits no sins herself.

It's all relative because there are many people who think humanity isn't a derivative of sin..  they think that humans in essance are good, and not evil.  Nobody really knows who is right or who is wrong..  the only real "answer" is to do what you think is right or whatever will do good for the well being of existance.  Your devils and your gods are only your perception of what you think is right and wrong..  each person thinks their own way, and the philosophy that the majority of the people believe is what society will accept as "right" and "wrong".  It's all relative since nobody can prove the absolute truth.  I don't know who said it, but they were right in saying that the only absolute truth is that nobody knows the absolute truth (pertaining to the reason for existance).

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006 02:36 am CDT »
"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."

-Socrates

You sure write a lot to say only a few things, 12stones :P

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006 02:38 am CDT »
I can't help it..  I guess I find it troubling to explain what i'm really saying in only a few words =/  No wonder I never thought of myself as a good programmer..  lol.

I mean come on..  how could you compare my intellect to socractes?  haha.  I was merely using his simple explanation to relate to what I was explaining =)

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006 09:28 am CDT »
To koro, he was emphasizing that:

There are absolute truths.  These truths are not subjective.  They just are.  We, though, dont really know these truths.  

Thus, be a good boy, and you'll probably go to heaven.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Artorius

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006 01:18 pm CDT »
God died while giving birth to the universe, sorry Stones/Darwin.

I didn't watch the clip, and using the "relative" excuse .... is lame, people should be individuals, it's not a matter of what she was taught it's a matter of her intellect she obviously can't do any thinking for herself so she lets other people(not to mention inanimate objects) tell her what to do and how to behave.

If everyone was like her, we wouldn't have so many different religions/cultures/inventions, we would still be living in caves, and I would be burned at the stake.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Artorius »

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."

- Joseph Stalin

NFY

• Worthless POS
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006 01:24 pm CDT »
god dammit koro, stop citing retarded philosophy quotes all the time
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by NFY »

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006 02:10 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Artorius"
God died while giving birth to the universe, sorry Stones/Darwin.

I didn't watch the clip, and using the "relative" excuse .... is lame, people should be individuals, it's not a matter of what she was taught it's a matter of her intellect she obviously can't do any thinking for herself so she lets other people(not to mention inanimate objects) tell her what to do and how to behave.

If everyone was like her, we wouldn't have so many different religions/cultures/inventions, we would still be living in caves, and I would be burned at the stake.

Ok, so she is slightly dull-witted and was taught that all her life..  I guess if she was smarter she would realize her folly.  If it were possible to LOOK dumb, she definately takes the cake.