Author Topic: PCRPG 3.35 Release [Finished]  (Read 12208 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
PCRPG 3.35 Release [Finished]
« on: July 29, 2006 02:16 pm CDT »
Here are a list of current changes for 3.35.  If anybody can think of anything else that should be looked into before the release tonight, please mention it.  This is a bug fix release.

PCRPG v3.35 Released.

•
[OK] Fixed a bug in the kick function which fixes three big problems:  #kick, #kickid, and auto-kicking when people join with a bad password.  Basically, the ability for the game to actually kick anybody has been restored.

• [OK] Added clause in the skill checking function that allows MegaTron (and only him, folks--no stealing!) to equip the Lightning Blade he won as a contest prize at any RL and LVL.

• [OK] Updated #getinfo to show official information first, then follow up with a second box that displays the traditional custom info players can set with #setinfo.  This prevents embedded images from covering up house and other official game information when custom coordinates are set.  This also has the added benefit of still allowing image embedding and coordinates to be set while still removing this exploit.

• [OK] Added function for the second stage of the revised #getinfo display function.

• [OK] Fixed problems in the RPGMap5.mis file preventing proper operation of Delkin Port and Gran'Kar Ruins.

• [OK] Fixed a problem preventing the Particle character from logging in from LOOPBACK during testing.

• [OK] Added seperators in createServer that makes it easier to look for syntax errors during server initialization.

• [OK] Revamped #getinfo's information into table form for the first part of the display.

• [OK] Removed the spawn point information from server initialization as it is unnecessary and large.

• [OK] Reworded the kick message for when unauthorized people try to login as Particle.

• [OK] Added #casthelp command for detailed spell information and how to cast different spells.

• [OK] Added function to handle the new #casthelp command.

• [OK] Clarified wording of error messages regarding spells.  It now makes a distriction between when a spell doesn't exist and when it has been used improperly.

• [OK] Added sound for the Ghettozone bot

• [OK] Fixed rpgmap5.mis to correctly build and operate the Ghettozone

• [OK] Ghettozone renamed to Tenebrous Caverns

• [OK] Added example usage strings for each spell to be used with #casthelp

• [OK] Updated interface for the spell verifier to work better with teleport

• [OK] Updated spell verifier subfunction to handle teleport seperately from the others

• [??] Added mimic protection for when a person tries to mimic DK armor[/list]

Once this list is finished and debugged, 3.35 will be rolled out late tonight.  Last minute suggestions are welcome from admins and players.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2006 09:21 am CDT by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006 02:31 pm CDT »
Oh I heard that double logging isn't allowed so why not have it so it kicks double loggers  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bovidi »

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006 02:48 pm CDT »
I take it this is more of a security update rather than a major gameplay change?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006 03:04 pm CDT »
Quote from: "KoRo"
I take it this is more of a security update rather than a major gameplay change?

As I said in the first paragraph of my post, "This is a bug fix release."

I thought I'd share what's going on for once.  This is also an opportunity to report bugs that need fixed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006 03:40 pm CDT »
Added more changes

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006 04:59 pm CDT »
Will Ghettozone begin to spawn its own bots or is that still up to Tokath?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006 06:08 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Kyrie"
Will Ghettozone begin to spawn its own bots or is that still up to Tokath?

Hopefully, Ghettozone will become entirely server-side.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

-ShaNNaRa-

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006 10:29 pm CDT »
#cast teleport dungeon is broken.

#cast teleport town works, though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -ShaNNaRa- »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006 09:42 am CDT »
Teleport isn't supposed to take arguments.  It's only supposed to teleport to the nearest zone.  Specific teleportation is what transport is for.

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006 09:46 am CDT »
Thanks for sharing this particle.

Quote from: "Particle"
Teleport isn't supposed to take arguments. It's only supposed to teleport to the nearest zone. Specific teleportation is what transport is for.

Previous functionality let you specify if you wanted to teleport to the nearest town or dungeon.  It should be noted somewhere in #news because this is different than when it worked before.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006 10:20 am CDT »
Just type #w teleport and #w transport.  It clearly states the difference.  Also, the code for that spell hasn't changed from base 5.005.  You are remembering wrong.  The code doesn't even read any arguments--it finds the nearest zone in proximity and puts you there regardless of what you would have typed after it.  The only difference now is that it complains when you put in bad arguments.

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006 10:56 am CDT »
I was going to go crazy and post the exact code that shows you can teleport to town or dugeon in standard rpg but I dont need to.  I have two items that are plausable proof.

1. Dueschat.  Under the teleport-neutral menu you have options one and two. They are "Teleport to Town" and "Teleport to Dungeon". They would not be listed if they were not spells.

2. The fact that Shannara mentions it.  Other players can confirm it to be true.

Ok I will mention one code item.  The teleport spell uses the GetNearestZone() function to find the zone.  In that fuction you can specify "town, "dungeon", and "freeforall".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006 11:09 am CDT »
Quote from: "Xenos"
I was going to go crazy and post the exact code that shows you can teleport to town or dugeon in standard rpg but I dont need to.  I have two items that are plausable proof.

1. Dueschat.  Under the teleport-neutral menu you have options one and two. They are "Teleport to Town" and "Teleport to Dungeon". They would not be listed if they were not spells.

2. The fact that Shannara mentions it.  Other players can confirm it to be true.

Ok I will mention one code item.  The teleport spell uses the GetNearestZone() function to find the zone.  In that fuction you can specify "town, "dungeon", and "freeforall".

I agree with this post.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006 11:15 am CDT »
I haven't changed any of that code.  If it doesn't accept arguments now then it didn't before.  End of story.  Freaking trolls.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006 11:21 am CDT »
Added more changes