Author Topic: zone hoarding  (Read 2869 times)

funger

• Orc Thrasher
zone hoarding
« on: July 30, 2006 07:18 am CDT »
why does focus target everyone in the zone hes in then start casting spells, doesnt this count as zone hoarding ?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by funger »

WhoCouldIBe

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006 10:06 am CDT »
No it's called you're over RL2 so i don't need a reason to own you...idiot!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by WhoCouldIBe »

Please donate money to the starving and underprivilaged Coca-cola addicts of British Columbia.They have no money, bad clothes and a terrible diet, as shown in the above picture. Please please please help!Thank you.
Quote from: "Jeenyus"
Secondly, what the hell is a jog? I know the word job but not jog... As for a job, I have one and I earn money,

funger

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006 10:22 am CDT »
but u only do it in zone and u dont follw me out u idiot.......... and u just made an admission of guilt DUH

WhoCouldIBe

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006 10:29 am CDT »
Quote from: "funger"
but u only do it in zone and u dont follw me out u idiot.......... and u just made an admission of guilt DUH

you clearly don't understand.. I don't have to kill you just cause i target..

Please donate money to the starving and underprivilaged Coca-cola addicts of British Columbia.They have no money, bad clothes and a terrible diet, as shown in the above picture. Please please please help!Thank you.
Secondly, what the hell is a jog? I know the word job but not jog... As for a job, I have one and I earn money,

funger

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006 02:33 pm CDT »
no u only target me to get me out of the zone.

Section 1, Subsection E - Zone Hoarding/Blocking
Zone Hoarding and Zone Blocking. Players will not hoard a zone. The use of tents, other spawnable objects, players, items, or any object that is possibly created, displayed, or rendered whether it is visible or not within the Tribes engine by players will not be tolerated. Administrators can do so and have permission should they need to block an area off for maintenance, etc.
Also, a player should not take an entire zone or zone subset for themselves. Nobody owns the zone except for the NPCs that occupy it. The use of a particular race to train skills such as using goblins or orcs for the sole purpose of training endurance and dodging when other players need to use them for real purposes such as killing to gain experience is not acceptable. Players are allowed to train particular skills from using bots, but not when people need to use the bots to level themselves up. To kill the zones is not considered "particular skill training" even though it does raise skills because the bots are up for grabs by all players.

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006 05:44 pm CDT »
funger you really like the zone hoarding rule, don't you?

First of all, he isn't breaking any rules by doing that.

Second of all, the only rule he COULD break by doing that is the PK rule that states you can't kill someone more than 3 times in 24 hours, and you can't go on PK sprees (meaning killing more than 3 people 3 times each, for a total of 9 kills).

Zone hoarding is referring to using OBJECTS to totally block a zone so people can't enter it at all..  it doesn't have anything to do with people killing you.  The fact that you can enter the zone means he isn't zone hoarding, and i'm sure he isn't there holding up all the bots.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 12Stones »

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006 06:34 pm CDT »
True, but theres that unwritten and subjective "being an ass" rule that griefers are subjective to.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006 08:48 pm CDT »

Zone Hoarding and Zone Blocking. Players will not hoard a zone. The use of tents, other spawnable objects, players, items, or any object that is possibly created, displayed, or rendered whether it is visible or not within the Tribes engine by players will not be tolerated. Administrators can do so and have permission should they need to block an area off for maintenance, etc.
Also, a player should not take an entire zone or zone subset for themselves. Nobody owns the zone except for the NPCs that occupy it. The use of a particular race to train skills such as using goblins or orcs for the sole purpose of training endurance and dodging when other players need to use them for real purposes such as killing to gain experience is not acceptable. Players are allowed to train particular skills from using bots, but not when people need to use the bots to level themselves up. To kill the zones is not considered "particular skill training" even though it does raise skills because the bots are up for grabs by all players.

If he is not letting anyone in the zone. Like Focus usually does. Then yes he is breaking the rules.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

WhoCouldIBe

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006 01:18 am CDT »
Quote from: "HUBBA"

If he is not letting anyone in the zone. Like Focus usually does. Then yes he is breaking the rules.

I can tell someone to get out of the zone before i kill them.I can tell a group of people to move before they die..again..legally!

slorge_gridlock

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006 12:23 pm CDT »
I was told that that IS a form of Zone hoarding, as well as AFK lvling in spots unsafe for lower levels, and have jailed others because of it.

The rules are up to interpretation of the Admins and PK's.   The excerpt from above, highlighted in red, seem very clear on this.  There is also a clause about destroying other enjoyment of the game, which applies, as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by slorge_gridlock »

Kingpin

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 2, 2006 12:51 am CDT »
This is indeed a grey issue at times however, as hubba said, if he is training in a zone and won't let you in be it attacking on sight, and never pursueing his target out of the zone, or blocking the entrence then it is zone hording.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kingpin »
"It is said that the meek shall inhearit the earth.....damnit..."

~Kingpin Strife, ranger of shadow~