Author Topic: What the crap is wrong with CS servers today?  (Read 9568 times)

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2006 05:53 pm CDT »
people make drinking out to be bad. its the people who cant control themselves when they drink that make it bad. i dont mind getting a buzz when i drink but i know what my limit is so i dont get sloshed. beer is good also. tequila is good mmmmmmmm patrone
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2006 07:01 pm CDT »
You shouldn't villify anything until you try it.  Unless its heroin.  But we've already had this conversation.

I heart tequila.  It hits you so fast, but you really slide into it.  its like going up a ramp instead of a flight of stairs, a tequila drunk.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Kigen

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2006 09:46 pm CDT »
Quote from: "KoRo"
It's not about being a straightedge or not. I just have no desire to drink, and no curiosity about what it's like. I've seen the effects, so I choose not.

Agrees.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kigen »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2006 12:27 am CDT »
I've got an alcoholic in my family tree, and that's something I can easily avoid by never getting started.  It's hard to crave what you've never experienced.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2006 02:29 am CDT »
Quote from: "Particle"
I've got an alcoholic in my family tree, and that's something I can easily avoid by never getting started.  It's hard to crave what you've never experienced.

Smart man.

Now what about sex =\
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2006 11:13 am CDT »
youd be surprised how easy it is to stop drinking.

i never walk around and go "OMG I WANT BEER RIGHT NOW" and start shaking and having seizures until i have some alcohol. i would actually think particle would like being buzzed/slightly drunk. alcohol is just liquid confidence pretty much, if you drink in the right amounts it can turn you into who youve always wanted to be, and once you have done that a couple times you wont be shy anymore and youll always be who you want to be. because when youre slightly drunk you dont give a malarkey about small things but the big things still matter.

alcohol is a tool for me, and im using it to get to the point that i want to be at, and its working very well so far. i know how to drink and i know when to stop, and then i never have issues. im sure you have the self-control to not become an alcoholic.

whatever, thats just what i think
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2006 11:45 am CDT »
I agree with Razore. For the first time ever.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2006 11:52 am CDT »
Quote from: "Particle"

I too but you know I wouldn't know if I would have an alcohol problem unless I tried some.  If I start drinking I do crave more but I don't think about my next drink after I'm done (too drunk to hold a drink anymore).

Quote from: "Koro"
It's not about being a straightedge or not. I just have no desire to drink, and no curiosity about what it's like. I've seen the effects, so I choose not.

Having a taste wont get you wasted or turn you into an alcoholic.  It wont affect you much with even one drink.  Would you ever go wine tasting?  I just hate to see people afraid to try something that isn't addictive.

I guess I can see the point of people who don't want to try it.  I have never tried cigarettes.  Never had any desire. They smell aweful and are known to be addictive. I have tried cigars which smell better and aren't addictive.  The don't taste near as good as they smell.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2006 02:39 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Razore"
youd be surprised how easy it is to stop drinking.

i never walk around and go "OMG I WANT BEER RIGHT NOW"

I suppose this is common for people who are established not to be alcoholics.  I don't have that luxury.  It's not like it matters.  As far as I'm concerned, it's money saved and a potential problem avoided.  There's no down side here.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2006 03:29 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Razore"
alcohol is just liquid confidence pretty much, if you drink in the right amounts it can turn you into who youve always wanted to be, and once you have done that a couple times you wont be shy anymore and youll always be who you want to be. because when youre slightly drunk you dont give a malarkeye about small things but the big things still matter.

Particle may not have that luxury, but I have a fear of not having that luxury. I recently saw a side of myself that I've never seen before, and I'm afraid that alcohol will, instead of making me "relaxed and give me confidence". bring out that thing inside of me that i never want to see again.

Honestly im just afraid i'll hurt someone if I let go of myself.

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2006 04:32 pm CDT »
Particle may not have that luxury, but I have a fear of not having that luxury. I recently saw a side of myself that I've never seen before, and I'm afraid that alcohol will, instead of making me "relaxed and give me confidence". bring out that thing inside of me that i never want to see again.

Honestly im just afraid i'll hurt someone if I let go of myself.

Thats what happens when you let the secret emo out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2006 05:57 pm CDT »
what you let the nerd part out infront of girls? i doubt you become aggressive or smartass.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2006 06:38 pm CDT »
Quote from: "villman420"
what you let the nerd part out infront of girls? i doubt you become aggressive or smartass.

No. The nerd part doesn't bother them or me (some girls have admitted to liking it. I still have a normal personality :oops:

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2006 09:26 pm CDT »
There will always be alcoholics in this world, whether it be for alcohol or some other new drug on the market.  It's those people who give the bad rep..  you can either handle it, or you can't.  If you can, you'll soon figure out that it's an enhancing experience rather than something that makes ugly girls hot.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 12Stones »

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2006 02:35 pm CDT »
Now what about sex =\

That's simple.  I'm catholic.