Author Topic: HL2RPG Public Discussion  (Read 10505 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
HL2RPG Public Discussion
« on: November 10, 2006 03:59 pm CST »
If you'd like to talk about how you think the game should go, please do so here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006 05:04 pm CST »
Another thought occurred to me in favor of a remort system. Players can continue playing as there is no real 'end game.' The problem that games with max levels encounter is that the developers have to continually produce endgame content to keep those end game players playing. This leaves new players a bit behind as early game content never changes because so much time is spent on the other end.

Another thing I'd love to see is a continued ability for admins to build quests. That's one of the best ways to continually provide new content for players. I hope a move to Source won't limit the abilities that admins have to create new content like that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006 06:08 pm CST »
Thanks for the new place to discuss this topic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by sin »

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006 06:59 pm CST »
the whole thing i dont like about remorting is people hiding behind monster characters. in tvt mod, you could whoop on people who had no idea how to fight. i think knowing how to fight should be a big part of a game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006 07:39 pm CST »
Ok, just purchased HL2.  Downloading it right now. :)

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006 12:16 am CST »
I decided since this is a joint venture that we need a middle ground where we can do this.  I started another forum particularly for our HL2RPG.

Here's the link for all you developers that want to get in on it.

http://hl2rpg.8.forumer.com/index.php

All dev team members will receive moderator status on the forums.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006 11:04 pm CST »
we already agreed to do it here I thought
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006 01:13 am CST »
Besides--this isn't a joint venture.  It's a project I started about a year ago, and you said you'd like to join the project.

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006 02:08 am CST »
So what have you got so far?  What do we need?

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006 10:32 am CST »
We need to setup a voice conf with you, me, and a select group of people who are qualified to discuss gameplay before we do anything development-wise.

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006 02:11 pm CST »
I'll see about getting a Ventrillo (teamspeak) server set up soon so we can do that.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006 06:17 pm CST »
alright

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006 10:17 pm CST »
Hello.
:-)

What are the current ideas as far as a continually varied system of play for all levels of players?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006 11:00 pm CST »
Nothing is final as of yet.  You're invited to the voice chat if you'd like to add your input.

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006 11:21 pm CST »
I don't think you want to hear my ugly voice.. ;-p

Is there a dedicated CS:S server we could all meet on so i can avoid installing additional software?

My input is not the best, but as of yet I do not know the limits of the Engine as far as map open-space rendering.  Obviously there are some bad-ass open areas in HL-2, but to what end is the implementation interested and how big are the maps, really.. and can we make use of the loading system that exists with the HL2 engine? (you load up areas as you walk in to them on huge areas; effectively loading a new map, but only for a few second pause)  Would that be abusable?  How could we make it not abusable?

Many thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff