Author Topic: Computer Bricked  (Read 2409 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Computer Bricked
« on: December 26, 2006 12:28 pm CST »
You may or may not have noticed my absence for the last four days.  If you haven't, I wonder if you are oblivious to spam.  If you have, you've probably noticed that I haven't been around to post or moderate the forum (spam patrol mainly).

Four days ago, my computer bricked when I was plugging in a USB mouse.  Since I have limited access to my normal resources during this time, I will be around but sparingly so.  Once my computer is fixed (need new mobo), I'll be back on like normal.

Until then, I will be mainly clearing off spam every couple days and replying to any PMs I've got.  Don't think of this as an excuse to cause mischief, however, as Hubba does have my phone number and can consult with me on any issues that arise that way.  For some of you, my sparse appearances will probably be a word of good news.  For the rest of you, cookies for the sake of my ailing computer may be sent to Parsons, KS.  I will be sure to, umm, give them to my computer along with its daily ration of chicken noodle soup.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007 09:24 am CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006 12:53 pm CST »
Chocolate chip, sugar, gingerbread, what kind?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006 08:00 am CST »
How does a mouse kill a computer?

That's like destroying an aircraft carrier with a pea shooter...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

Celtic16

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006 08:28 am CST »
please, shut up...just shut up....

Get well soon particles computer  :twisted:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Celtic16 »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006 11:40 pm CST »
Quote from: "KoRo"
How does a mouse kill a computer?

That's like destroying an aircraft carrier with a pea shooter...

No kidding.  You can imagine how I feel about it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006 03:33 pm CST »
Actually I have shared the same problem as Particle has described.  My old laptop had a faulty USB port, and sometimes whatever I plugged into said port would just "shock" the computer.  I have no other way to describe it.  It would just shut down and not turn on for a few minutes to an hour.  After that, the USB port destroyed a mouse and a usb thumbdrive.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006 05:36 pm CST »
From what I've gathered, a guy had this same model of mobo die after plugging in a USB HDD.

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 1, 2007 06:04 am CST »
This is the motherboard in your signature on here?
*avoids* :-)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Lidge Farkley »
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 1, 2007 02:14 pm CST »
Yes, that'd be the one.  It was supposed to be the highest quality board Gigabyte had, but it's apparently a $250 piece of crap instead.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 3, 2007 01:39 pm CST »
I've purchased a DFI ICFX3200-T2R/G to replace my craptastic Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 that has still yet to be opened by the Gigabyte crew (yet alone repaired).

Since it will be arriving Monday, I should be able to process the support tickets that are on hold next week.

Thank you for being patient,
Particle