Author Topic: The Ledgend Returns.  (Read 9583 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 8, 2007 01:19 pm CST »
I let anyone in the forum except those who annoy me.  That's usually based on insults or disrespect.

Annoyance is colorless.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 8, 2007 07:00 pm CST »
Quote from: "Celtic16"
do we let blacks into the forums?

I'm ashamed that I share a common heritage with you.  You are a disgrace to yourself and all Irish.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by RedneckNoob »

Record number of Star Wars references in a single day: 94
Record number of Star Trek references in a single day: 62

Das Weib war der zweite Fehlgriff Gottes.  -Friedrich Nietzsche

sin

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 9, 2007 08:01 am CST »
Anyway, back on topic.  Hi, long time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by sin »

Celtic16

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 9, 2007 04:06 pm CST »
Quote from: "RedneckNoob"

I'm ashamed that I share a common heritage with you.  You are a disgrace to yourself and all Irish.

I'm not racist!! 2 Reasons why:

1, I got a colour tv and colour printer!!

2, I employed one as a dish washer

3, I'd do a black woman!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Celtic16 »

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 9, 2007 06:50 pm CST »

I'm not racist!! 2 Reasons why:

1, I got a colour tv and colour printer!!

2, I employed one as a dish washer

3, I'd do a black woman!

When you treat any race different than another then you are, by deffinition, racist.  All human beings are prejudice and its impossible to change.  What you are doing is insulting many of my close friends, and even my girlfriend, just because you want to try to piss people off because you think it's funny.  That is why you are a disgrace to people of Gaelic heritage everywhere.  You put shame upon those who share that heritage because you don't know how to use rationality, nor self control.  I'd recommend you ending your life and removing the blight you are creating, but I'd feel guilty.  That's right, even though I despise you, I still have a consience.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: March 9, 2007 08:00 pm CST »
When you treat any race different than another then you are, by definition*, racist.

*Spelling mistake corrected, free of charge.

I have to disagree.  I think a better definition for racism is when somebody treats another race differently than another with negative intent or effect.  To deny any difference at all is to trivialize heritage, culture, and factual (physical, social, and mental) differences between different groups of people.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: March 9, 2007 08:08 pm CST »
Quote from: "Particle"
When you treat any race different than another then you are, by definition*, racist.

*Spelling mistake corrected, free of charge.

I have to disagree.  I think a better definition for racism is when somebody treats another race differently than another with negative intent or effect.  To deny any difference at all is to trivialize heritage, culture, and factual (physical, social, and mental) differences between different groups of people.

I find that that definition has come from people being used to hearing it used in a negative way.  Think of it this way, sexism is when you treat someone different because of their sex.  Racism is the same way.  When you treat someone different based on race, then it's racism.  That's what I meant.

It's also part of my philosophy that it's impossible for there to be a world without hate, bias, and prejudice unless you get rid of all humans.  You can't remove those things, but you can attempt to control them.  You must be in harmony with them, in a sense.  A better way to understand this is if you compare it to emotions.  Emotions, if left unchecked, can take over and cause terrible things, but if you use them in conjunction with your rationality than you can achieve more than if you just used one or the other.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: March 9, 2007 08:44 pm CST »
http://209.161.33.50/dictionary/racism

By definition, racism isn't the differentiation of race.  It's more as I stated before.

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: March 9, 2007 08:53 pm CST »
1. a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
Treating someone different because of their race.

2. racial prejudice or discrimination
Looking up the definition for discrimination:
the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently

The definition of it is neutral.  The way it is applied is what gives it a positive or negative affect.  The propaganda we have all been fed through school is that being different is wrong.  This has been done through peer pressure or other things.  This leads most to, at least on the subconcious level, apply a negative meaning to it.  I'm not saying we're completely controlled by it, but I can tell it's there, not only in myself, but in how I see others acting.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: March 9, 2007 10:06 pm CST »
*smacks forehead*  You're hopeless.

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: March 9, 2007 10:12 pm CST »
Quote from: "Particle"
*smacks forehead*  You're hopeless.

I know.  It's just the slight difference in definitions, but to me it makes a huge difference.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, if you are white, and you treat all races besides the white race really good then that's racism, too.  Treating someone different BECAUSE of race, is racism.  The intent is arbitrary.  There, I think that's a better explanation.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: March 9, 2007 11:22 pm CST »
You're arguing over semantics. Definition notwithstanding, Focus is just being a dick towards people who are not white. To me, that falls under the definition of douchebaggery.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: March 9, 2007 11:29 pm CST »
Quote from: "KoRo"
You're arguing over semantics. Definition notwithstanding, Focus is just being a dick towards people who are not white. To me, that falls under the definition of douchebaggery.

He's doing it to get attention.  He gets a hardon when others get pissed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007 10:11 am CST by RedneckNoob »

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: March 9, 2007 11:29 pm CST »
*deleted, forum error*
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007 10:10 am CST by RedneckNoob »

Paradox666

• Elvin Legion
  • The Last God
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007 12:45 am CST »

Your one stupid piece of malarkey arnt you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Paradox666 »