Author Topic: My wife or gamer's anonymous  (Read 11360 times)

Tony

• Goblin Pup
My wife or gamer's anonymous
« on: March 5, 2007 12:31 am CST »
Had a little of a argument with my wife earlier over me spending too much time in the game. I work nights so I'm home by 2:30am EST at the latest, I have the mornings until 5pm EST when I go in and I drop the baby off at the sitter's around 11am-12pm EST. So what am I doing until 5pm? You guess it in the server leveling but what am I doing when my wife wants to snuggle up? Trying to play the game, she says I choose the computer over her and that the game gets more attention than her lately. She says I have to choose, she continues to say I have a addiction and that I should give it all up.

I'm the type that it's all or nothing, I don't want just a piece of time to play the game I want to play it when I want, I don't want just half of the burger I want my own, that's me. What do you think, does she have a point, am I spending too much time on the PC and not enough with her? Or is she just being over emotional? Should I give up gaming considering my huge addiction, I even choose it over sex which I don't find to be a big deal but tell me your thoughts.

Should I go cold turkey and give it up, manage my time (which would be very difficult, think of a pot head going cold turkey) or should I just keep on gaming when I want to and love on her when I get done?

[markCraeo]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Tony »

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2007 05:46 am CST »
well it is your wife and you are playing an 8 year old game. i def would not give up sex for this old of a game. how long do you play the game?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2007 06:14 am CST »
Dude go for the wife. You've invested WAY more time in getting her and being with her. Like villman said don't let an 8 year old game get in between you two.

Love > Everything
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

Tony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2007 07:22 am CST »
I play anytime I'm not doing anything else, a rough 6 hours a day maybe, but it's not just the video game, it's the computer period, while leveling I'm off surfing the web, learning to program or learning to use a piece of software or whatever the case may be. I rather be doing something on the computer than trying to snuggle.

[markCraeo]

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 5, 2007 08:26 am CST »
Just play when she isn't being an attention nazi.  There are things in life that are more important than this game.  I think a healthy marriage is one of them.  That doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game when you've got some free time, however.  We'll always be here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Tony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 5, 2007 09:13 am CST »
Debating whether or not I made the right decision to get married or not, I was doing just find being a computer geek but then I gave into the pressures of my peers and started to explore the dating world and ended up getting married. Kind of ironic, just fours years ago I was talking with you all about me not liking sex and never getting married and here I am breaking my own set of rules, what was I thinking.

Oh well, guess I will have to cut my computing time in half, but I can't stand to see my peers surpass me, not in school, not in life and not in the game. When I started again there were a few players who were not that far ahead of me in remorts and a couple that started at the same level as me. Astal is starting to become at least 7 remorts ahead of my own, he was remort 4 when I started, surpassed Volcostn3 or what ever his name is. I don't know, maybe he's just a screwed up mental complex with me, I should properly seek professional help but I can pretty much psychoanalyze myself I just can't seem to fix the problem.

[markCraeo]

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 5, 2007 10:05 am CST »
How many hours to do your first remort here? First day eViL and I remorted after the clear. Under 24 hours from NOTHING no help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Vorter_X_ »

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 5, 2007 11:19 am CST »
When you get to the point where you can afk level you can have the sex and the levels. Until then you have to choose.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

plasma

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 5, 2007 11:41 am CST »
Hmmm lemme smoke a bowl or two then I'll tell you the real solution.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by plasma »

Tony

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2007 11:58 am CST »
Quote from: "Vorter_X_"
How many hours to do your first remort here? First day eViL and I remorted after the clear. Under 24 hours from NOTHING no help.

Well if I can just sit there and play I can properly remort in 10 hours or so but that's with everything in the equation, other players in the zone and having to party, no where to level because too many people are in the zone, afking and being killed and not knowing for the next 4 - 6 hours, then real life calling for work and school. In all I can get one remort everyday which has been my goal and lately it has been a day-in-half to remort because my wife wants me to come to bed at night. I'm only remort level 17 right now.

[markCraeo]

Sako

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2007 12:00 pm CST »
Quote from: "plasma"

lemme write that I will read and laugh of your phrase before I post my comment about it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sako »

plasma

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2007 12:04 pm CST »
Quote from: "Sako"
Quote from: "plasma"

lemme write that I will read and laugh of your phrase before I post my comment about it

60 percent of the time, it works every time.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 5, 2007 02:45 pm CST »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

plasma

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 5, 2007 02:46 pm CST »
100 percent of the time, i'd do her everytime.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 5, 2007 02:48 pm CST »
It's just too bad that site plastered their logos on it.  It isn't a shirt they made up.  The design (and photo) are from another site which I can't remember.