Author Topic: Dont Pump GAS  (Read 5616 times)

Achromatos

• Goblin Pup
Dont Pump GAS
« on: May 5, 2007 11:08 pm CDT »
Don't pump gas on MAY 15th

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest
of gas prices.  Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in
protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most
places.
There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies
pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on
May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for
at least one day.
If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend/repost this to all
your contact list, saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Achromatos »

villman420

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2007 04:14 am CDT »
so they then double the amount of sales the day before and after the no pump day on 15th
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by villman420 »

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2007 11:09 am CDT »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 6, 2007 08:08 pm CDT »
I already didn't buy gas today,yesterday,and friday and now you want me to not buy it on the 15th?  I'll do one better. I'll not buy gas until thursday.  That 6 days without buying gas. Much better than the one this calls for.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xenos »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2007 11:33 am CDT »
Strange math.  Do all 73 million Internet-using Americans normally fill up from an empty tank on May 15th each year?  Also, at what school do you round 2.29 up to 3.0?  This seems overly optimistic and a little short on logic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

plasma

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007 11:37 pm CDT »
I'm pumping twice as much gas on May 15th just to piss you off.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by plasma »

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007 08:29 am CDT »
Gas is down 5 cents a liter today from what it was yesterday. Time to fill up all the cars (even the ones that don't run) and all the jerry cans! :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Corona »

Sako

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007 10:04 am CDT »
It's  1,18$ CDN per litter here
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sako »

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007 11:22 pm CDT »
If you wanted to lower the gas price, the demand of gas would need to crash in order for the price to go down, but as soon as everyone starts pumping again, the price would go back up to what it was.  Gas is a necessity, its like telling all the smokers to stop buying smokes for a day for the cig prices to go down, it wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by JayJay »

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007 07:27 pm CDT »
If you wanted to have an actual impact on the gas market.  Stop driving as much.  When you can't walk or ride a bike, take a bus.

There's a grocery store about a mile from where I live.  I could drive there to pick up a 2-liter, or I could walk.  Driving would be quicker.  But walking would be cheaper, and healthier.

If you work somewhere that's only a few minutes away, walk or ride to work instead.  Driving only uses more gas.

Seriously.  The gas prices aren't ridiculously high only because of the "greedy corporations".  They're also high because people are just too damn lazy.  If American's would stop being so stupidly lazy, then we'd be able to lower the problems with gas prices, polution, and obesity all at once.

Buy a bike, use it.  You'll earn the money back in gas saved.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Dyre »
My job is done here!

*woosh*

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007 05:09 pm CDT »
That isn't necessarily true, Dyre.  Most of the non-major population centers in the United States aren't exactly easy to get around in without a motorized vehicle.  It's not practical to take a bike five miles to the grocery store.  Also, even in most major population centers, it can be difficult as well.  For example, how can you expect people to bike thirty miles to work?  Besides, most highways prohibit bikes as they cause lots of accidents due to the riders being unaware (or don't care) about proper bike usage in terms of road law.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007 11:42 pm CDT »
Even if you're not going to drive, you're still going to take public transportation and that requires gas.  If more people start using public transportation the demand for gas is the same and the demand for transportation would be even greater, causing an increase on fares.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by JayJay »

Bovidi

• Undead Hero
    • http://www.geocities.com/mygamepage101/orc
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007 01:51 pm CDT »
Quote from: "JayJay"
Even if you're not going to drive, you're still going to take public transportation and that requires gas.  If more people start using public transportation the demand for gas is the same and the demand for transportation would be even greater, causing an increase on fares.

Well I would say that if everyone used public transportation then you would see a reduction of gas uses(well depending).  Some places their public transportation uses electric power so you would save a vast majority on gas there.  Also there would be less cars meaning less traffic jams, thus less waiting with your car idoling.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Bovidi »

plasma

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007 09:45 pm CDT »
I think we should feed the stupid people in this country to the hungry people in another country.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by plasma »

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007 07:05 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Particle"
That isn't necessarily true, Dyre.  Most of the non-major population centers in the United States aren't exactly easy to get around in without a motorized vehicle.  It's not practical to take a bike five miles to the grocery store.  Also, even in most major population centers, it can be difficult as well.  For example, how can you expect people to bike thirty miles to work?  Besides, most highways prohibit bikes as they cause lots of accidents due to the riders being unaware (or don't care) about proper bike usage in terms of road law.

Well there's limitations to everything.  If you live out in the country, bikes might be much less practical.  But the majority of the population live in the denser areas.  And a large amount of Americans live within just a mile or two of their job.  Instead of walking fifteen minutes though, they prefer to drive.

Sure, a mile of driving won't burn that much gas.  But when you have a million people doing it daily, it adds up very quickly.

Don't mind me though.  My hatred of slothfulness is nearly pathological.  I used to get ridiculously pissed off at co-workers at my old job when they wouldn't rinse off the mop after cleaning the floor.  It would end up stinking the next day.  I mean, it takes one minute to run it under hot water.  What the hell?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Dyre »
My job is done here!

*woosh*