Author Topic: Character Clear?  (Read 10097 times)

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007 08:54 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Xenos"
Hubba has said before that there would be no clear if she has any say in it.

Why would there be a clear. No reason for it. Just cause someone has decided they want to start out fresh and thinks everyone else should to, is in my opinion not a good reason for a clear. People have worked hard to get there remort levels up to the way they are. I don't think just because there are a lot of gods on that we should just make a clear. Those people who made god status did it from playing the server.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

Sako

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007 12:31 am CDT »
Discussion closed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sako »

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007 02:08 am CDT »
Quote from: "Sako"
Discussion closed.

you cant close a discussion. haha.

a clear is only worth it if there are major problems on the sever.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
Quote from: "Aphex"
<3 google

slorge_gridlock

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007 09:36 am CDT »
Particle has always stated, if a clear is coming, there will be way advanced notice on the PCRPG main page or that anyone playing would have notice well in advance of the clear.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by slorge_gridlock »

zZenith5

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007 04:38 pm CDT »
Sorry to start a fight on this topic just needed a yes or no and it came to this my bad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by zZenith5 »

JayJay

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007 02:37 am CDT »
There really isn't a point in playing once you get to RL 100 in my opinion.  CLEAR THE SERVER PLKZ!!1
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by JayJay »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007 01:31 pm CDT »
Quote from: "EVIL_INC"
There are loads of places where new zones can be added. I mean mine and well and mountain holes all over the place that are being unused. Why not use a few of them to make powerhouse zones where you need to be 100 rl to enter and another 500rl to enter and then a 3rd and/or 4th where you need to be 1000 or 2000 rl to enter. That would give those players  a place to level that would actually challenge them and help keep the reguler zones clear for those of us who need to be there.
Thinking on it like zones where the bots auto mug you of certain weapons or whatever weapon is equiped or where there are no walls to hide behind or maybe where there is a quest perma set up just for that spot. Heck, we could even have ones that teleport you into a spaceship complete with working turrets and futuristic bots with reguler tribes guns(unusable by players of course). The list of possibilities is endless.

The problem with that is the server cannot hold that many zones.

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007 02:53 pm CDT »
There's definitely a few bot spawns on the server that could be removed entirely.  Gnolls in kmines are almost never used, nor the goblin spawn past the goblin mage.

Ruins is convenient, but a bit redundant.  Might be better if you turned the ruins into a high level place, and removed the teleporter in Ktown to prevent newbies from getting slaughtered.

Having both elven and crypt also seems a bit redundant.  Scrapping one to free up server load may help out.

Capping off Mino at RL 50 or so might be a decent idea too.  Even though I still go there, I could easily skip it for Tene.  And players AFKing in the pit (I'm guilty of this) make it more difficult for the lowbies to level up.  If it were capped at RL 52, by the time a player hit 50 that was unable to get in, they'd be able to use anchets already anyways.

More places for the higher level players would be nice, but it's not really necessary.  We do have DZ and Cents, and they're rarely used.  It might be due to accessibility.  If both could be used by a level 1 player, some of the gods might start going there instead of AFKing in Tene and Uber all the time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Dyre »
My job is done here!

*woosh*

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007 05:23 pm CDT »
Not likely. Gods want to remort fast. Cent and DZ would take hours to remort in, for a God. That's why they go to Uber/Cavern: they can remort in an hour or less.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

-ShaNNaRa-

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007 10:05 pm CDT »
"Super gods" should be rewarded for their efforts, not punished.

RL restrictions would have to work the other way around-- You must be at least a certain RL to enter. Not under a certain RL.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by -ShaNNaRa- »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007 02:25 am CDT »
Quote from: "-ShaNNaRa-"
"Super gods" should be rewarded for their efforts, not punished.

RL restrictions would have to work the other way around-- You must be at least a certain RL to enter. Not under a certain RL.

What he was saying Shannara is segregate zones. So that lower levels can also have a chance at getting decent exp. We have tried that in the past and it still does not work well. Look at the newer zones that we have put in. No one uses them or everyone wants to use them at one time. Dz zone is rarely used at all anymore.

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007 10:13 am CDT »
Noob zone helps the really low levels very well, and the cap there does wonders.  That's why I suggested the cap for minos since an RL 50 player doesn't really HAVE to go through there.  It would free up another zone for the lower RL's to level up in.  And gods won't be able to harass them in there.  Plus it would keep the pit relatively empty.

It's really a mixed bag.  The high level zones take longer to work your way through because of the need for more exp at those levels, and because the bots take longer to kill.  Plus players that aren't remorting also use them for leveling and monetary gain.  Since there's just a couple of zones that are used for players going from 70-101, they tend to be very high traffic which makes it take longer to level up there.

But at the same time, that means that there's a competition for experience at those higher levels.  Whether that's a good thing or not is up to the player to decide.

Another high level zone or two comparable to uber and/or caverns would be nice.  But again, it's not really necessary.  Adding a second bot spawn to caverns would speed up the traffic through there a bit, but not require another zone.  Sure, people will still complain, but they probably would if there were two caverns and two ubers too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Dyre »
My job is done here!

*woosh*

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007 11:38 am CDT »
Quote from: "Dyre"
Adding a second bot spawn to caverns would speed up the traffic through there a bit, but not require another zone.  Sure, people will still complain, but they probably would if there were two caverns and two ubers too.

Disregard that, I saw the obvious flaw.  Too many high RL's just afk in there from level 1 anyways.

Quote from: "EVIL_INC"
The super gods are rewarded. They are given the power to say who does or does not get to get exp in the zones. They do this merely by afking in them in such ways that others are unable to use them and in such cases as uber unable to use them effectively. That is the negative bonus they have that actually hurts the server. They do have other bonuses and rewards though. They are the privilaged few who can use dz and centuria effectively. The fact that you rarely see them there is a testament that most of them would rather use the priviladges that are negative rather then positive.
They would much rather use th zones in ways they were not intended such as afk leveling and keeping lowbies out. Why not force them to use thier powers in a more positive way so that others can effectively play the game.
Take the example of the "new zone" with a permanent quest set up in it, we all clamor for quests, why not let a privilage of being a high rl be the ability to play one any time they want? or to play in a zone that actually gives them a challenge and has stuff in their packs that make a high rl prefer to farm there then in the low rl zones?

Sure, if it's more worthwhile for a supergod to go there, and it's inaccessible to the lower players, it could work.  But if they go there and it's already occupied by two gods, they might just go afk in ubers anyways, and players will still unsavory woman.  You'd need some way to make it good for multiple gods.  Maybe a few rooms each with a super spike, an uber spawn, and a merchant so they can mine, cast, and sell gems constantly  :roll: .

In all seriousness though, it's been this way for a long time, and it used to be worse.  It's really not that bad.  If you need proof, you're still leveling up aren't you?  Sure, the gods get most of the xp because they're stronger.  You want to punish the RL400's for dealing with all the same stuff you did, and possibly worse?  Trust me, the gods would love to have a god only zone as good as uber or caverns, and we don't like having to share xp with the lower level players.  But we've learned to cope.  Sometimes, we even have to babysit the lower RL's by sacrificing exp efficiency and staying out of the mino pit or trying to protect them from ubers.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007 11:54 am CDT by Dyre »
My job is done here!

*woosh*

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007 11:44 am CDT »
'Super Gods' don't want challenge when they're leveling. They want quick and easy EXP. The faster we remort, the better. It's different for low RLs. Low RLs can see a change in their abilities every remort and even more noticeable changes every 10 remorts or so. For 'Super Gods' we have to go 30 remorts before we see any change at all. On average, that takes 3 to 4 days to have any increase in our stats.
I've gone to Centuria at level 1. It takes like 5 or 6 hours to do a full remort there, compared to around 1 hour in Cavern and 1 hour 15 minutes in Uber. DZ is even more of a pain, getting bashed around while I'm trying to kill the bots.
Ghettozone/Cavern was designed with noobs in mind; it was found to be perfect for Gods. Temple is now the noob zone, RL10 and under, only.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Kyrie »

Aphex

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007 11:56 am CDT »
yeah temple is good until you hit rl 10. but for people like me who are 10 and up its really really hard to lvl. once i hit mino its takes forever to go to 101. that's the main reason i dont play as much. its taken me over a month to get 5 or so remorts because i have to play mino from lvl 50-101. and im only strong enough to go to cavern when im lvl 98 or so because there is always a god there so i cant be up on the ledge.

but then again having cavern has done a lot to free up other zones. and having cavern is really more of a convenience than a necessity as it only really lets you lvl faster than uber or cent.

creating a new zone would just be more of a convenience and wouldnt really do anything to make the game better. there will still be a problem with zones in peoples eyes and that will never change.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Aphex »
Quote from: "Aphex"
<3 google