Author Topic: Character Clear?  (Read 10098 times)

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2007 12:14 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Kyrie"
'Super Gods' don't want challenge when they're leveling. They want quick and easy EXP. The faster we remort, the better. It's different for low RLs. Low RLs can see a change in their abilities every remort and even more noticeable changes every 10 remorts or so. For 'Super Gods' we have to go 30 remorts before we see any change at all. On average, that takes 3 to 4 days to have any increase in our stats.
I've gone to Centuria at level 1. It takes like 5 or 6 hours to do a full remort there, compared to around 1 hour in Cavern and 1 hour 15 minutes in Uber. DZ is even more of a pain, getting bashed around while I'm trying to kill the bots.
Ghettozone/Cavern was designed with noobs in mind; it was found to be perfect for Gods. Temple is now the noob zone, RL10 and under, only.

Very true.  The gods want their own zones just as bad as you guys do.  But it simply won't work.  If I'm in god uber or whatever, and a second god comes in and sees me, they'll just go to regular uber if it's empty.

Sure, you could segregate god uber and regular uber.  But that still wont' work.  RL 30's will unsavory woman about the RL 90's afking in there, and you'll want the caps changed.  Then we'll have RL 70's unsavory womaning about the gods always AFK.

How about this?  Block off caverns, and disallow gods in there.  Anyone below RL 100 can go to the caverns to level, but can't get into uber.  And vice versa for the gods.  See the problem?  Caverns will still get packed full, and you'll want access to uber back.

As I said, gods would be psyched to get their own zone.  But it would be unlikely for it to happen.  Ruins would be perfect for this since it's a reduntant zone.  But gods still wouldn't use it because AFKing there isn't very efficient.  It's really pathetic, but that's how the gods play.  They spend a couple minutes positioning their character, then they start up progress quest in the background and watch TV or whatever.

In reality, the game gets to be pointless soon after RL 100.  You log on, and let the thing play itself.  That also might be a reason why so many gods feel the need to be dicks to everyone.  It's the only form of entertainment they can find.  The content for the high RL players is nearly nonexistent.  So we continue to level up and harass or help the lowbies.  It becomes more of a social thing and the gameplay is lacking.  But it's fun for some reason.

Heck, instead of a new uber for god RL's.  You could simply give them XP for being a god.  It's practically the same thing except they aren't annoying the non-gods.  They log on, walk into a certain zone, and just leave the computer.  Hardly a difference to what happens now.  Instead of taking all the xp in uber, they'd basically do the same thing, and not take the xp from other players.  Heck, you could even spread out the experience gain among all gods on to simulate the competition for bots.  If a god is dead, they don't gain xp.  It might encourage PK's and assassinations between gods.  You hit lvl 101, you stop getting the xp.  I solved your problem.  Implement it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Dyre »
My job is done here!

*woosh*

plasma

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007 12:46 am CDT »
yeah its fun to argue about all this malarkey.

except nothing will ever be changed on this server more than maybe one new zone a year.

keep trying though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by plasma »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007 03:36 am CDT »
No character clear is scheduled at all, near or far into the future.

I've been gone a couple weeks.  Sorry this topic went on so long.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007 04:07 am CDT »
Quote from: "Particle"
Heh sorry about all the stuff I left you in your inbox. Just ignore it, everythings fixed now.

Where'd you go? Was it fun?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by KoRo »

slorge_gridlock

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007 08:26 am CDT »
So...I hear there's rumor of a clear....

:-P  sorry....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by slorge_gridlock »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007 09:00 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Particle"
No character clear is scheduled at all, near or far into the future.

The man has spoken!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by HUBBA »

Sako

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007 03:25 pm CDT »
now the discussion is closed for real..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sako »

Karne

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2007 09:07 am CDT »
A cave-like zone with stronger bots with  RL1 restriction, give them claymores and they hit harder or as hard as ubers. Solves the uber crowding problem for those who need money and the zone crowding problem since the "super-gods" will be split up. The weaker people can use the cave without having big crowds of gods and uber wont be as badly clogged with AFK gods harvesting clays which would free it up for lower RL players who cant take hits in the cave or in the new zone. Scrap a couple gnolls or those ogres by superspike.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Karne »
Quote from: "GStricto"
Go talk to KisingFish, ask him how much he cares about levels.  I remember KissingFish took 3 weeks to get to level 19 and then he went to fight "Ubers" in Yolanda.

My Character

kharandhil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2007 01:39 pm CDT »
I just wanna say I love you all
(yeah in a gay way)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by kharandhil »
Je vous encule tous!

plasma

• Orc Thrasher
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2007 07:33 pm CDT »
Yeah particle has told everyone that same thing many times in the recent past but retards have to bring it up over and over.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by plasma »

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007 08:48 pm CDT »
See, sako wants a clear too..

Do it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 12Stones »

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]

Sako

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007 10:33 am CDT »
duh?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sako »

kharandhil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2007 02:46 pm CDT »
It would be funny seeing me get to god in like 1 - 2 months....and kick all of your asses
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by kharandhil »
Je vous encule tous!

Xanth

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2007 04:24 pm CDT »
They you all would suck like i suck...
whoa... that would suck for you... all..
*cough*
LOL
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Xanth »

Currently playing BF2
(Name: Xanth-911 ) BooYa!!

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: August 3, 2007 06:08 am CDT »
I just heard from triangle man that a clear is upon us.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by 12Stones »

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]