Author Topic: Anchet's...  (Read 3294 times)

Dirk

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2003 12:01 am CST »
Updating the models would require the mod... which would mean a new download and I think part's said a couple times he doesn't want to do that.  I'd just like it if you couldn't bash people fast enough that they go through things.  That's so unrealistic it gives me cramps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Dirk »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2003 12:34 am CST »
Id really love to see high poly count models too.  And just make it clientside, such as what you find in CS.  Of course, who the hell would actually want to do all that work just for a small Tribes mod?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2003 10:03 am CST »
You see Darwin, I can't make it only client side.  If you wanted all the weapons to have their own dedicated high-poly model I'd have to code the model names into the weapons... and people without the models would be screwed.  It isn't a simple matter of renaming high-poly models on the client side; half your weapons would still look the same (even though higher quality).  Now, I've been considering running two servers.  One for server-side only and one that's beefed up with a client-side pack.  The userbases would be interchangable of course.  I'm not sure if I want to though.  I see benefits from such an endevor:  de-crowding the server while still allowing lots of people to play on Particle's Custom RPG, allowing both a server-side (for newcomers) and client-side (for experienced people) version of the same server, and getting to do a lot more expansion than I can just do server-side.  I also see drawbacks:  decreased server capacity for each one (most likely 20 on one and 24 on another)--this lower limit may decrease popularity, some confusion on which is which, and double the upkeep.

I am not sure as of yet what I want to do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2003 01:22 pm CST »
High poly models? You were one of the people complaining about the fps lag at centuria and you want high poly models?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2003 10:39 pm CST »
Dirk, I know it would require a download. He had spoken of two servers, so I thought one stayed server side, and one could have a client add on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Crash »

CCCP_BeAsT

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2003 08:49 am CST »
Yea Sabby we need better weapons for bludg and pierce and archery, because its not really fair that slash has all the good weapons.  It has anchets and KLS and Claymore even has a good attack.  Make a new maul maybe not as strong but like 225 attack.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by CCCP_BeAsT »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2003 11:53 am CST »
Ok.. let me explain this again..

You don't need any new buldgeon weapons..

War Maul, Awl Pike, and Heavy xbow all have more atk than Claymore.. I have no clue where you are comming from..

Awl Pike is slow, but rapier is fast... That makes up a lot..

KLS may be fast, but unless you are going to stay at your remort for a while, it is useless to invest in.

Anchets does a lot of dmg, but the delay is screwed up on it. It is supposed to be slower.

Heavy Crossbow does a malarkey load of dmg, but it is slow..

If you were to get an Aeolus Wing with some Ceraphum's Feathers, You would be doing just about twice the dmg as a heavy xbow with it's speed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"