Author Topic: Shields  (Read 8481 times)

Dirk

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2003 12:54 am CST »
If you want to talk about nukes, go play dome wars and get into it's community.  This is an appropriate discussion for these forums (for once).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Dirk »

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2003 01:06 am CST »
Im coming from firsthand experience. So if you wish to go by someone who simply read about it in a book somewhere thats up to you, It will not change the irrevokable facts if you choose not to believe them.
A dart gun is also the same thing. A piece of metal pierces the skin. The ONLY difference is that a dart does not have an edge with which to cut the hole larger than the original pierce did.
As I stated before, I know nothing about coding, computers or even know enough to discuss the pros and cons of handguns. But when it comes to ancient weapons and their useage, I do know my stuff and am fully able to prove my statements (as I clearly have here).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by EVIL_INC »
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.
4th in doghouse. Last in actual server and forum rules broken.
Quote from: HUBBA
I kinda miss Evil's lengthy post.

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2003 01:18 pm CST »
Ok INC...

You are saying you have firsthand experience.. So you actually stabbed a man with a gladius that didn't have a blood grove to see if this was true?

Darts don't count... They are thrown..

If I were to throw a sword at you blood grove or not, if it didn't split you in half, it would be almost impossible to pull out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2003 01:22 pm CST »
You can't prove he doesn't use the blades himself.  You're ASSUMING again... and remember what happened the last time you just assumed what you thought was iron hard truth?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2003 01:35 pm CST »
I never said that Part..

He keeps replying to all of your posts saying he has first hand experience with all of this..

So according to what he said, He should have first hand experience in stabbing with a weapon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2003 01:58 pm CST »
The fact is I DO have firsthand experience. I have been using swords, spears, axes, maces morningstars throwing axes ect ect since I was 12 years old. I live in a small town in west virginia where such things is not all that uncomman. the only uncomman thing about it is that I spurned guns and totally devoted myself to just hand weapons of all sorts.Over the years, We have accumulated a large number of others who are of a like mind and we use these things on a reguler basis. Many times we have had accidents that have involved one or more of us getting stabbed or slashed.
As for darts, they ARE the same thing with the single exception that there is no edge to widen the wound beyond the original puncture. In ALL other respects, it IS the same. A piece of metal sticking into the flash from an outside force. think of it this way, it is the same principle of a throwing axe cleaving into its target. a 2 handed battle axe cleaves into the target the same way. it is an outside weapon entering its target. the propulsion of said weapon is irrelevant. the act of it entering the "body" is the same and has the same effect.
I dont tell you the principles of coding because I am inexperienced in it. I expect the same courtesy from you. Think of it this way, you can lord it over me that in today's world, your expertise is more usefull than mine. :)
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2003 02:01 pm CST »
By the way, one of the weapons that I have collected and had accidents with just happens to BE a roman gladius. :)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2003 05:29 pm CST »
Quote from: "UnderGod"
I never said that Part..

He keeps replying to all of your posts saying he has first hand experience with all of this..

So according to what he said, He should have first hand experience in stabbing with a weapon.

I was actually talking to EVIL_INC.  Sorry for the mixup.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2003 06:00 pm CST »
Part, its funny how I am assumed to be TOTALLY stupid about EVERY aspect of EVERYTHING and that there is not anything that I know anything about. I keep silent on everything else that is discussed here because i dont know as much as the others, therefore, i read and learn from you guys.
It's sad that the one time a topic comes up that I actually AM an expert on, everyone wants to stomp on me and tell me how stupid I am and that I am telling lies about things that I have seen with my own eyes to be truth.
When I say I have firsthand experience, I mean firsthand experience. I have seen this to be true with my own eyes. When you see fire, you KNOW its going to be hot. This is because you have probobly gotten burned at some point in time beforehand and thus learned through firsthand experience that it is hot.
If you choose to continue thinking that I know nothing at all about hand weapons or their use, by all means, its your right to do so. I just wouldnt bet my life on it if I were you should the need ever arise. If you do, then it could be a painfull lesson to see that I was right.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2003 06:00 pm CST »
Part, its funny how I am assumed to be TOTALLY stupid about EVERY aspect of EVERYTHING and that there is not anything that I know anything about. I keep silent on everything else that is discussed here because i dont know as much as the others, therefore, i read and learn from you guys.
It's sad that the one time a topic comes up that I actually AM an expert on, everyone wants to stomp on me and tell me how stupid I am and that I am telling lies about things that I have seen with my own eyes to be truth.
When I say I have firsthand experience, I mean firsthand experience. I have seen this to be true with my own eyes. When you see fire, you KNOW its going to be hot. This is because you have probobly gotten burned at some point in time beforehand and thus learned through firsthand experience that it is hot.
If you choose to continue thinking that I know nothing at all about hand weapons or their use, by all means, its your right to do so. I just wouldnt bet my life on it if I were you should the need ever arise. If you do, then it could be a painfull lesson to see that I was right.

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2003 06:09 pm CST »
/me has never been burned by fire
/me knows its hot
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

Sabby

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2003 06:17 pm CST »
EVIL u posted the same thing twice
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sabby »
-Sabby

eViL

• Uber Menace
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2003 06:22 pm CST »
....your observant.....not too quick though...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by eViL »
Quote from: "LastWish || NextWish"
eViL, you were probably the coolest but most misunderstood person in this community.. maybe the rest will find out how cool of a person you are some day, and don't get too mad at the people who dont understand you.. its their loss in the end.

Sabby

• Gnoll Fighter
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2003 06:22 pm CST »
Quote from: "eViL"
....your observant.....not too quick though...

Who?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Sabby »
-Sabby

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2003 06:33 pm CST »
I have dueled once in a park in memphis when invited by a weird friend of mine.  I got up in this cool as hell knights uniform and me and another guy got to beat the hell outta each other with swords and maces and stuff like that.  It was badass.  Got real hot though...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »