Author Topic: Common Questions/Problems (FAQ)  (Read 28945 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Common Questions/Problems (FAQ)
« on: April 9, 2003 09:28 pm CDT »
Traditionally, an FAQ involves questions and answers.  Not all articles are questions, exactly, so I will be using the term Q more loosely than normal.
In the following issues, questions will be represented by a Q: and their answers by A:.

Frequently Encountered Issues (FEI)

Q:  I am the victim of some rule violation (eg excessive PKing/stealing, etc).  Who do I contact?
A:
 In this situation, you should contact an in-game administrator or pK.  If you cannot contact one immediately, please be patient.  Alternatively, you may contact them via this forum's private messaging system or email functions.  You may find a list of the current administrators and pKs at this page.  Do not contact me directly about these issues.  The in-game admins and pKs are there for a reason.  Anything they cannot handle will come to me anyway.

Q:  Suppose I absolutely must contact you directly about something.  How do I get ahold of you?
A:
 If it is the case that you absolutely must contact me directly (stuff that isn't about in-game issues qualifies, hacking reports, etc), you can contact me via PM, email, ICQ, or MSN.  All of my contact information is available at this page.

Q:  I have a question or comment about a game rule/service rule/forum agreement.
A:
 Questions about game rules should first be directed toward the admin staff.  If they cannot help you, you can contact me either in private or on this forum--whichever you think best suits the question.  Services provided on the pcrpg.org domain (including the forum) and the game server itself are also subject to this contact strategy.  It's really up to you, unless your question is personal in nature (use a private communication).  However, if you do not receive the answer you wanted and decide to repost it publicly, you will be banned.  No reconsiderations...it's not only rude, but it is very disrespectful.

Q:  Who are the admins/pKs/moderators/etc?
A:
 You can always go to this page to find out who is in what position of authority.

Q:  I am experiencing technical difficulties with my character (blackscreened, corrupted, crashing on join, etc).
A:
 In this event, please contact an admin or myself immediately.  We will try to get your problem corrected as soon as possible.  I keep daily backups, so restoring you to within a day of when the problem occured is easily done.

Q:  I cannot play TribesRPG for some reason.
A:
 The common problems with playing TribesRPG are as follows:  either you have installed TribesRPG into the wrong folder (usually that missing file message when you join a server) or you did not launch the game with the required arguments to play on an RPG server.  To address the first, make sure that TribesRPG is installed into ...\Tribes\RPG\.  The ... is the path to your Tribes folder (eg C:\Dynamix).  The second problem is curable by making sure you launch the game with the command-line options -mod RPG.  You can add this either into the shortcut or into a .bat file to launch Tribes.  This is covered in the PCRPG Newcomer's Guide more in-depth.

Q:  I do not like you/your server.
A:
 The easiest thing to do in this situation is to just find another server to call home.  It works out being the best thing for everybody:  you are happy, other server is happy to have a new member, people here are happy there's no drama, etc.  Regardless of how much time this mod requires, when it comes down to the line this is still just a game.  Don't forget that--it's not worth getting torn up over.  However, if you aren't going to cause problems by all means stay.  I do not require people to like me to use my services.  I only require that they respect me...which means not trying to exploit what I provide, violate my rules, or being obnoxiously rude to me.

Feel free to send me suggestions for more questions you would like to see answered here.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006 11:22 am CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Resident_Evil

• Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003 07:27 pm CDT »
sweet, good idea i like it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Resident_Evil »
Semper Fi,
Who dares, Wins

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006 11:18 am CST »
Updated.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Im No Human

• Goblin Pup
Re: Common Questions/Problems (FAQ)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008 09:31 am CDT »
I cant get on because of somethin called RpgMalehuman and idk what it is any suggesstions? :?:  :bomb:

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
Re: Common Questions/Problems (FAQ)
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008 07:44 pm CDT »
Information and Authority Pages need to be updated...

Admins are:

Particle (Server Owner / Chief Codemonger) Lvl 9
Hubba (Head Admin) Lvl 5
Corona (Head Genius) Lvl 5
Rose (Head Programmer / Scripter) Lvl 4
Bonzai (Hubba's Biggest Fan) Lvl 3
Arf (Head Warmonger and Troublemaker) Lvl 3

PeaceKeepers

Astal
Rednecknoob
DaThief
Trogdore
Jeenyus
Juvenile (aka Widow/Shotgun "identity crisis?")
In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....