Author Topic: Hexide Studios: PCRPG PolyAutomation Tool  (Read 6695 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Hexide Studios: PCRPG PolyAutomation Tool
« on: January 9, 2008 01:10 am CST »
Today I introduce to the community the existence of what I call the PCRPG PolyAutomation Tool.  This tool is a powerful utility for any Tribes or TRPG server owner to help with administration.  It is a strongly modular program that allows plugins performing various server automation and assistance tasks to all be ran concurrently within a single application using language-independent, COM-visible DLLs conforming to the platform design requirements.

Currently, I've ported both my automatic backup system and online character stats applications into PAT compatible plugins.  Initial tests have been promising, as with little effort all seems to be working.  PAT took over both of these functions as of today, and today's backups and character stats have been updated as expected.

I plan to develop some other useful tools for server admins such as remote administration capabilities, and I intend to release a selection of the plugins as well as PAT itself for the community.  The plugin system is extremely powerful.  You could theoretically use it for a server-side bot setup similar to Ghettobot or Bromide.  You could even make a full 3D game in plugin form if you wanted to.  The possibilities will be as lofty as one's imagination and programming skills.

Anyhow, I was excited to announce this project now that it is a functional beta.  A public release will come later.  I know that this is not really my style, but I think the days of TRPG server competition is over.  Let's help each other instead.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2008 07:10 am CST »
Awesome, i shall look forward to using it..

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Arf »
In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....