Author Topic: Need help plz Im stuck in Outer Space...  (Read 2754 times)

Aeterno

• Goblin Pup
Need help plz Im stuck in Outer Space...
« on: March 15, 2008 09:42 pm CDT »
Hi I just started a character earlier today as an experimentation I made her a bard but now I think id prefer to make a ranger, but my real problem is that after a walk up the hill to yolanda I dropped my pickaxe on the ground but couldnt pick it back up leaving me defenseless. I then followed this player into the kendri mines where he disconnected and I was left to the goblins. So then I became bored and started walking along the river ridge visiting the fort place along the way.

Now at some point past the fort I ran into the end of the map and began uncontrollably floating off into space where I could do nothing.

So I left the game then came back later...

I was stuck in a sea of darkness with nothing but radar icons to inform me of my surrondings and I couldnt move or fall.

So what I'm requesting is a way to reload the game so I can start over as a ranger and hopefully avoid flying off the edge of the map. Some pointers for noobs would be handy too.

SumtingWong

• Goblin Pup
Re: Need help plz Im stuck in Outer Space...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008 09:52 pm CDT »
type #recall
should return you to keldrin

lol meant recall D0h! :axeface:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008 10:22 pm CDT by SumtingWong »

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008 10:13 pm CDT »
Type in #recall it will take you back to Keldrin where you started. Also if you put 5 into speech you will be able to #global and ask for help. If an admin is on I am sure he or she will help you out or anyone else for that matter.

Aeterno

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008 10:44 pm CDT »
Eh how do I get my weapon back or try out a new class?

Aeterno

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008 10:58 pm CDT »
Ok I tried using the #recall command thru the chatbox but it give me an error about "z-velocity check:fail" and it tells me to wait at my current position for 120 seconds to recall but I wait and nothing happens.

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008 06:57 am CDT »
I am on the server every evening from about 4pm eastern time to about 11 pm or so.  I would be glad to help you with your problems, as far as changing character classes, just start a new one with with a new name and choose the class you wish, it's no big deal we all do it.  I have so many different characters i cant keep up with them all.  

See you in game...

Arf
Admin3
(and general powertrippin asshat)
In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008 09:32 am CDT »
It sounds like he went off the side of the map that doesn't have working gravity, so he unfortunately won't be able to use #recall (he isn't falling--just floating).

I will open up your character file and attempt to return you to Keldrin town manually.  I'll be right back.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008 09:41 am CDT »
I set your location back to Keldrin Town and gave you a new pick axe.  Have fun!
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008 10:13 pm CDT »
If you 'fall' off the no-grav side of the map, just reconnect and you can recall or teleport normally. Since you aren't moving, just floating, you just wait the 2 minutes. The only thing that would make you move is casting beam or using wind walkers.
But if you have WWs on, you can just fly straight up until you're out of mana and your velocity will be high enough to recall, anyway.