Author Topic: Hosting a server  (Read 2094 times)

Fandiil

• Goblin Pup
Hosting a server
« on: April 20, 2008 04:37 am CDT »
Im trying to get information on creating my own LAN server, but I want it pretty much just like PCRPG server.  The simple solution would be for me and my friends to log on the actual server, but being in Iraq...internet isnt so great.  Plus the fact, we only have 3 computers with internet working.  Any help on setting up a LAN server would be much appreciated.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
Re: Hosting a server
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008 07:43 am CDT »
I don't think you'll be able to host a server just like PCRPG. It's a modded form of the base tRPG and I don't believe that Particle has released it for others to use.
There are many posts here, though, that describe setting up a server to play on, and there are other versions of tRPG that are available to play.

Fandiil

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008 09:47 am CDT »
blah, screw other versions lol.

well thats actually the least of my problems as of now.  i just learned Tribes cant work on Vista.  Which blows.  I dont have the resources to revert back to XP...or even create a seperate partion and put XP on it.  

Anyone have this problem and get it solver?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008 10:30 am CDT »
You can get it to work with Vista, though I have heard varying levels of success. Some people have no problems (once they get it fixed), others never really get it working very well.

T1 on Vista:
http://www.annihilation.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5696

Fandiil

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008 03:49 pm CDT »
yeah i was surfing around for hours prior to reading this post, and found an awesome patch that sems like it fixed everything.   Now i just gota figure out why rpgmod wont work...and ill be golden