Author Topic: Scripting help!! Right place?  (Read 1814 times)

DescX

• Goblin Pup
Scripting help!! Right place?
« on: May 5, 2008 09:34 pm CDT »
Hello folks,

It's been a long time since I was active in the TRPG scene, so I've long since forgot where to go for scripting help. I figured I'd start here, since PCRPG seems to be the most active server on the list. If my question belongs on some other website, _PLEASE_ let me know - I've been bashing my head over this for a week now.

I'm making a mod off MR TRPG based on Diablo 2. I've got a show-stopping problem though. When I enter a zone with bot spawns the game crashes _right before_ the mob actually spawns. The error I get in the console is:
"Player::getItemCount: incorrect item type:"

Brute force debugging my way along, I found the error happens in:
   function GetWeight(%clientId)
on the line:
   %itemcount = Player::getItemCount(%clientId, %checkItem);

My solution for tracking down this problem is crude:
   Client::sendMessage( 2049, 0, "DEBUG: Num " @ %i @ " / CL: " @ %clientId @ " / Item: " @ %checkItem );
   %itemcount = Player::getItemCount(%clientId, %checkItem);
   Client::sendMessage( 2049, 0, "DEBUG: PASS" );

The game will wildly print off the list of items it's going through until a mob is about to spawn. The server then proceeds to freeze, and my client doesn't get the "DEBUG: PASS" message.

All I've done up to this point is change items around - added a few, removed a few. I seem to remember an internal Tribes limit imposed on the total number of items definable, so at first I thought that was the problem. Trouble is, I think I'm well within the limit (I've added maybe 5-10 items to MR TRPG's stock amount). This seems like a weird internal Tribes bug to me.

Anyone got any insight? I really could use some help with this! I haven't worked with Tribes in years so ANY input is appreciated.

Lidge Farkley

• Uber Menace
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/psychosworld2/
Re: Scripting help!! Right place?
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2008 05:10 pm CDT »
I thought MR was already at the limit for item count cn release..
Lend your heart unto the divine mineral TOPAZ;
from which our reverent hearts and minds sprang.
Also Known As:  Alcoholic 007
My Page of tribes Tools and Helpful "FAQ" Stuff

DescX

• Goblin Pup
Re: Scripting help!! Right place?
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2008 05:02 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Lidge Farkley"
I thought MR was already at the limit for item count cn release..
Entirely possible, like I said I haven't been active in TRPG in ages.

I don't think that's the problem though. I just commented out the only 12 weapons that I added, 12 stock Tribes RPG weapons, and the entire MR TRPG newweaps.cs file... not to mention that I also got rid of every projectile except BasicArrow. My item count is reporting ~140 (116 shop indicies used). I'm still getting the exact same error...