Author Topic: Earliest PCRPG memory?  (Read 7446 times)

Vivaxx

• Gnoll Fighter
Earliest PCRPG memory?
« on: May 31, 2008 12:42 am CDT »
I remember logging on and rolling a Fighter even though I usually only roll Bards. Stuck with it because I wanted to join the "Fighters Guild" led by Darwin, members including Pecker :o
Jonah, PCRPG player since 2002.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
Re: Earliest PCRPG memory?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008 05:00 am CDT »
Daywalker helping me out and giving me around 8 mil coins.

Celtic16

• Undead Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008 06:16 am CDT »
My 1st time logging in i remember Bravehart (my good friend at the time) giving me some coins and taking me to the cave to fight runts.. he was healing me and i was leveling very slowly. Then SAMY3 came in and Brave introduced me to her. From there we moved onto yolanda. Great experience!

I remember my 1st time in uberzone.. WOW! The emotions I was feeling i'd never felt in a video game before. My hands were shaking and I was sweating like a b1tch. I remember hearing about it for weeks/months. Brave was a a high enough RL so he could take a few hits and I thought it was the coolest thing ever!!

Good Thread!

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008 07:23 am CDT »
Spawning in Ktown, hearing the music, i was absolutely amazed that something like this existed.  I must have explored every inch of town, seemed like days actually.  

PBDeath666, Fuffyduck, Astal, dek showing me the mines, Fuffyduck and his "bash" rides were awesome.  My first trip into the MInos scared the hell out of me, and the noob zone was even worse.  Nightranger and I spent days in the noobzone killing bots with just a long bow and basic arrows,  it took forever but it was fun.  

I didnt dare even try to go to teneb or the Ubers, and what amazed me the most is how a video game could generate such real emotions and physical manifests, you know ...  the sweaty, shaking hands, heart racing, squirming in your seat, and the heartbreak of dying at the hands of the dreaded Mages...  

then Rose showed me what Open Gl would do and the game became even more realistic...  yeah thanks for the memories...  i see how it is hard to forget this game, not many have even come close to it's equal.
In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....

Trogdor

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008 04:55 pm CDT »
I remember going into the mines, (I had played TRPG before a year or so back), and someone powerleveled me, I think it was Nightmare... maybe DaThief. They just stood there, non-afk, helping me, and healing/shielding me and doing everything possible to make me level faster. I was like.... "Uhh, cool." That's probably what made me stick with pcrpg. I also remember shorty trying to kill me at level 21 in elven, and Myst saying that she would  devour his soul if he did... or something like that. And finally I realised that most people on the server weren't very nice, so I quit for a few months until I matured enough not to whine about it every second.
When life gives you lemons, choke on them and die, you stupid lemon eater.

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008 05:46 pm CDT »
I played way before Particle's server was around..

I remember when you could still get a prize for downloading JI's MP3s when you created a character..  I don't remember my first remort at all.  I drank all those braincells away.

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]

-ShaNNaRa-

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008 05:50 pm CDT »
After getting lost in Keldrin Town for 30 minutes (yeah, it's possible), KleeneXXX tossed a bunch of coins onto me to make me overweight. He had me hop all the way from the #sleep area to the banker (it was like slo-mo exploration - it actually helped!).

Then he told me to follow the path up the SE hill to get to the mines.

On my way up the hill, I ran into two "snowbeasts" (Jake-Hell and SGT_Bash, mimiced as ubers). I walked right up to them and said #say NICE SHIELDS!!!!!!.

They bashed me into a new world.

The end.

HUBBA

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008 06:42 pm CDT »
I remember my first encounter on the server.  My first remort was through pack quest from Lastwish. She force remorted me, called me, a noob, and kicked me from the server. I had made the mistake and asked what #remort was instead of just doing it.
My second day NFY cornered me in the ruins and mugged everything I had and then shove killed me. Then G3, Halide and NativeAmerican took me under there wing and showed me the ropes. There was also Achromatos that took patients and showed me how to level in Uber Zone.

The first person I killed in the server was Sinister. He was picking on Bonzai so we teamed up and trapped him in the mines and double teamed him. Sinster use to mimic the boss bot in the crypt and run around the server. JakeHell would mimic a uber or cent and stand out in front of the mines waiting for a noob to come up and hit him so he could kill them. I only made that mistake one time.

Corona

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.Linneberg.com
« Reply #8 on: June 1, 2008 09:31 am CDT »
Baaahahahahaha. Awesome thread, Vivaxx!

Man..... my first memory was spawning in Keldrin Town and being completely overwhelmed by the experience. As Shan said, it is possible to get lost in K-town, as absurd as the thought might be today. The person who helped me out when I started was Xanth, he gave me like 3 mil and a bunch of random items like claymores, etc.

Check out my l33t stats on like day 3 of playing, haha:

Artorius

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #9 on: June 1, 2008 11:27 am CDT »
I can only recall my first death and my first kill. It's been quite a long time. Anyways, I happily jumped on the second ship at the port, and got wasted, UG quickly helped me retrieve my pack. As for my first kill, some douche was talking smack (might have been firewire) so I killed him (with a sword), then he started whining for like 15 min and going on about how he would tell particle to ban me, so I naturally killed him a few more times for kicks.

Fondest memory is when I started a newbie/oldbie war with someone named Godfather, atleast I believe that's what his name was. Anyways I owned him time and time again, he quit coming on to the server shortly after our battle in Cent. Under that name anyway. (I was the leader of the newbie side, good fun.)

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."

- Joseph Stalin

RedneckNoob

• PCRPG Admins
  • Elvin Legion
« Reply #10 on: June 3, 2008 05:24 am CDT »
Jeen kept telling me that if I joined a house everyone would give me free stuff, I joined a house.  After that, within minutes, I had her and several other people constantly killing me until I stopped coming on for a week.

Record number of Star Wars references in a single day: 94
Record number of Star Trek references in a single day: 62

Das Weib war der zweite Fehlgriff Gottes.  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Celtic16

• Undead Hero
« Reply #11 on: June 3, 2008 06:21 am CDT »
Quote from: "RedneckNoob"
Jeen kept telling me that if I joined a house everyone would give me free stuff, I joined a house.  After that, within minutes, I had her and several other people constantly killing me until I stopped coming on for a week.

yaa jeens a c**t

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #12 on: June 3, 2008 07:01 pm CDT »
...clicking the Start button...

Win.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Jeenyus

• Orc Thrasher
    • http://www.jeenyus.com
« Reply #13 on: June 5, 2008 04:12 pm CDT »
Quote from: "Celtic16"
Quote from: "RedneckNoob"

yaa jeens a c**t

And you're a dick!

Earliest PCRPG memories?

I remember playing in a server named Sword's castle, it was cool and the players were nice, but after 3 days the server died, so I went to GameServet.net RPG and started as a mage. When I was level 7 a level 1 named GSn_ruFFz targetted me and killed me in a few hit and I thought he was a cheater. In fact, he was RL 90s and left at RL 100. He gave me his character a year after and everyone were jealous so the character was cleared ( when it became UberBar&Grill and the host changed ).

JaiLHouSe

• PCRPG Peacekeepers
  • Orc Thrasher
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008 06:16 pm CDT »
haha i remember walking all across the map forever and i found a well and didnt know what it was and i felt like exploring. Being the genius i am i jumped into then whined when i drowned lol i was running around frantically trying to find a way out. Type-S used to torture me constantly and i hated him. He would shield and heal the bots i was trying to kill lol nArchy, EViL_iNC and WizzDogg are the first people who helped me learn the server and lvl. And Arf game me my first million