Author Topic: Turkey thread!  (Read 2164 times)

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
Turkey thread!
« on: November 27, 2008 06:27 pm CST »
Turkey stuff? I've been cooking for 2 days, I wanna see what everyone else did if ya took pictures, or descriptions.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Re: Turkey thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008 10:28 am CST »
We had lots of family around this year, but they all went home the same day.  heh

We just did the classics--turkey, sweet ham, noodles, stuffing (yum), mashed potatoes, coleslaw, etc.

Good stuff.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2008 11:30 pm CST »
Noodles? I've never really heard of noodles served on Thanksgiving. That sounds really interesting though.

I had the typical stuff: Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, bread, pumpkin pie. Our unusual addition was the abundance of veggies. We're trying to stay healthiER this year.

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
« Reply #3 on: December 3, 2008 09:02 am CST »
i decided not to have turkey this year..

instead, i had lamb!

as for the rest:  mashed potatos (dark gravy), sauteed mushrooms, baked mac n' cheese, cornbread stuffing (mmm), green beans, corn

for dessert, chocolate silk pie and some 60 year old brandy!

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #4 on: December 3, 2008 10:40 pm CST »
Quote from: "12Stones"
chocolate silk pie and some 60 year old brandy!
malarkey son, that sounds delicious.

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #5 on: December 4, 2008 02:10 am CST »
Any alcohol sounds good to you Koro =P LoL
 :vikings:
What kind of brandy was it?

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2008 10:35 am CST »
What does lamb taste like exactly?  I don't know that I've ever had it.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #7 on: December 6, 2008 04:52 pm CST »
I can describe the texture more than the taste...It's generally softer and more tender. Taste-wise, it's usually more flavorful, something akin to a really nice steak. It's pretty much all they ever had in Europe.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #8 on: December 6, 2008 05:49 pm CST »
Sounds like I'm missing out.  What's the difference between mutton and lamb?  I know mutton is an older sheep but what does that equate to taste and texture wise?

12Stones

• Minotaur Rager
« Reply #9 on: December 6, 2008 07:03 pm CST »
funny that you ask!  i was at a renaissance festival not too long ago and had mutton (along with some old-style beef jerky which was awesome).  the only difference i can remember is that mutton was a little less tender.  it was still very very good though, but i have no idea how they cooked it or what they might have added for flavor.  i seasoned ours lightly, just with garlic and a little salt..  it already has a lot of flavor.

Quote from: "Aphex"
mmm so many different types of music, so little time.

|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ASCII FAN\\\|]