Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1521 times)

Avast

• Goblin Pup
Hi
« on: March 17, 2009 04:10 am CDT »
I just reinstalled and will be playing with some of my friends (I'm probably a relative unknown around here).

The new server is very fast, I noticed it right away.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me with finding cdwhistler aka xenos' afk scripts and also the bind commands for windwalkers and cpaws so i can hot key them?

Also are there any other script packs out there that are needed these days other than tauriks + deus?

Thanks guys!

Good to see pcrpg still going!

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009 09:27 pm CDT »
Hehe  We've been here forever...and now that the new master servers are gaining momentum, we're not going anywhere.  :)  I think Deus is still the de facto standard script pack.  Binding keys isn't hard (config.cs).  Someone will be along shortly for the command to use.  I don't know if it's Use(\"WindWalkers\") or something else for the bind value.

Thanks for noticing the server speed increase.  :)  I spent quite a bit of money getting some nice hardware together, so I'm glad someone actually felt the difference.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Avast

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009 05:29 pm CDT »
That sounds good.

I don't think many of you post on tribalwar.com so i'll repost this and link.

It might be some pleasant news for some, I was reading that you guys are having trouble getting new people into the game, there's still hope!

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578079

Quote from: Got Haggis?;14372674
Exclusive: InstantAction Brings Tribes To Your Web Browser

BAM

EDIT:  some more facts from various people

* GarageGames purchased the ownership of the Tribes IP (all Tribes games) from Activision/Vivendi late last year.
    * We do have the source code to the game, and the build has been updated with bug fixes
    * The build will be distributed through the website, but still playable as a standalone game.
    * The game will use the existing Master Server system that the original game used. We will provide a new master server address with the release.
    * The game is not compatible with version 1.11 but you should be able to play the same demos as recorded on previous versions
    * Mods and configs used in 1.11 will not be directly compatible, without at least minor changes, as the base game scripts have been cleaned up considerably by Andrew
    * The game does NOT have updated graphics, this was a PR misunderstanding. The game does support modern file formats (PNG textures, Zip files)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009 09:41 pm CDT »
Very cool news!
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.