Author Topic: mybrute.com  (Read 4962 times)

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
mybrute.com
« on: April 5, 2009 07:13 pm CDT »
I'll say it in advance, I'm totally link whoring here.  If this is inappropriate, please delete the thread.  Still, I'm also sharing some of the fun.

wiimote.mybrute.com

Mybrute is a cute little game.  You generate a brute by typing in a character name (you can change the appearance with the buttons at the base of the portrait if you don't like the look), and fight against other brutes to gain levels, weapons, skills, and even pets.  Each win nets you two xp, and each lose, one.

The gameplay is extremely simple, and basically involves picking another brute to fight, then watching the two duke it out.  The only control you get is when choosing the brute you're going to fight.  Still, you get some pretty entertaining fights going.  I watched one where the first guy got all four weapons he pulled out stolen, then used against him.  Unfortunately, you only get three fights a day, which makes leveling difficult.

This is where the link whoring comes in:  Each player you recruit earns you one experience point.  Each time they level, you get one experience point.  Also, each player your pupils recruit will earn them experience, which will earn you more experience when they level.  Obvious pyramid scheme system here.  While you get no benefit by being a pupil of another player (other than one free fight against your "master"), you also get no benefit by not being a pupil, so there's no real reason to avoid it.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2009 07:16 pm CDT by Dyre »
My job is done here!

*woosh*

Avast

• Goblin Pup
Re: mybrute.com
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2009 07:47 pm CDT »
i gave you 1 xp

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009 01:26 am CDT »
Someone spammed this over at the Star Trek Legacy forums. I thought it was just that: spam! I promptly deleted the thread....I guess maybe I was too quick to judge, heh.

Dyre

• Gnoll Fighter
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 2009 12:33 pm CDT »
It was fun for a short time.  Now I'm hooked on TF2.  Just found the orange box on sale on Steam for ten bucks.  Sale's over, but even the 30 dollar price tag is a steal.

Terrible computer made me wait so long to play Half Life 2, but it was worth the wait.  Awesome game.
My job is done here!

*woosh*

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2009 02:16 pm CDT »
I was up til 6am this morning playing TF2 all night. Been a couple months since I could play.

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2009 08:22 pm CDT »
Yay TF2.  It's pretty much the only game I play.

I'm normally on [iO] 24/7 2Fort or 24/7 TOYFORT.  2fort2furious has some good stuff going on too.  A lot of new maps there.

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 2009 10:31 pm CDT »
Have a Steam ID?

Xenos

• Elvin Legion
    • http://www.baconcat.com
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009 08:54 pm CDT »
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CdWhistler

I think I have you on my list already Kyrie.  Are you {-o-} Treshnell?

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009 10:16 pm CDT »
Yep guess so. Didn't realize you were that Syn/Ack dude that I had no idea who it was. Wish we could rename users like with messengers...or if we can...wish I knew how..heh.